Coffee card question

There are no coffee cards any more, although existing ones are good for a while. The coffee program (similar to other drink programs) will be loaded onto the cruise card. This means that IF Princess has done things correctly, she'll have access to it as soon as she checks in.

I just went into my personalizer to re read the conditions.

Other than expressing that it is only for use on THAT voyage and unused, how can they now say "punches" expire. Doesn't indicate anywhere it would be "loaded" onto your ships card or any other information on it. So it's up to you to keep track of how many coffee's you have had.

I'm confused because i have read that Elite's are still able to "switch out the mini bar for a coffee on the key card, however this is what it says

CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items....

Still, if I want to order a specialty coffee for my room, I can't figure out the reasoning for me not to use my credits....I really don't care for this system.

Doesn't indicate anywhere it would be "loaded" onto your ships card or any other information on it. They're in the process of switching to the electronic system. So far, some ships have it and some don't. The update to the website may not be accurate or up to date, yet.

So it's up to you to keep track of how many coffee's you have had. Maybe someone who's used the new system can answer that question. Maybe it will show up on your folio when you print it out (the same way it will show that you purchased a coffee if you don't have a coffee card).

I'm confused because i have read that Elite's are still able to "switch out the mini bar for a coffee on the key card, however this is what it says

CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items....That wording means you can't use the coffee card to purchase a coffee from Room Service or purchase mini bar items.

Still, if I want to order a specialty coffee for my room, I can't figure out the reasoning for me not to use my credits....I really don't care for this system.

You can't buy a specialty coffee from Room Service because they aren't set up for it. If you order coffee (or tea) you get a pot full of it. They won't give you a pot full of a specialty coffee.

I just went into my personalizer to re read the conditions.

Other than expressing that it is only for use on THAT voyage and unused, how can they now say "punches" expire. Doesn't indicate anywhere it would be "loaded" onto your ships card or any other information on it. So it's up to you to keep track of how many coffee's you have had.

CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items....

I was told by one of the bartenders/baristas that the punches will show up on a screen & they just check them off the same as they would punch your card.

You can ask for tabulation each time you use you cruise card.

They've all had prior training last year some time.

I was told by one of the bartenders/baristas that the punches will show up on a screen & they just check them off the same as they would punch your card.

You can ask for tabulation each time you use you cruise card.

They've all had prior training last year some time.

Easy to find out when you are talking directly with the bartender. But if you are ordering the specialty coffee in a dining room, your waiter will need to find out for you and tell you when he returns with your drink.

Easy to find out when you are talking directly with the bartender. But if you are ordering the specialty coffee in a dining room, your waiter will need to find out for you and tell you when he returns with your drink.

True and you can always check at any time by having your card swiped by one of the baristas even without a purchase.

My guess (only speculation) is that when the ***** is finally implemented some day it should be easier to keep track of your coffee account.

• 2 months later...

How do you order a specialty coffee in a dining room? My wife only drinks iced coffees and she would love to have them instead of soda.

How do you order a specialty coffee in a dining room? My wife only drinks iced coffees and she would love to have them instead of soda.

Order from the Waiter when they ask if anyone wants a drink.. It's pretty simple really. Or bring one with you from the International Cafe. .