Carnival Beer Chart

subaruSTi

Trying to figure out the best (cheapest) way to enjoy some cold ones whilst sailing the sea I came up with this chart in Excel. It shows prices with and without gratuities, bucket prices, and what I consider to be the best bang for your buck deals.

I've found that buying a bucket of (4) 12oz Budweiser/Bud Light cans plus 1 extra 12oz can be a better deal than the (4) 16oz Bud/Bud Light bucket. By buying a bucket of the 12oz and an extra single can equals 60oz for $20.88 versus 64oz and $24.71 for the (4) 16oz bucket. Anyway take a look at my chart :D

CarnivalBeerPrices.jpg?t=1297397880

Trying to figure out the best (cheapest) way to enjoy some cold ones whilst sailing the sea I came up with this chart in Excel. It shows prices with and without gratuities, bucket prices, and what I consider to be the best bang for your buck deals.

My head hurts and I've only had one beer tonight.

Priceless!!

I've found that buying a bucket of (4) 12oz Budweiser/Bud Light cans plus 1 extra 12oz can be a better deal than the (4) 16oz Bud/Bud Light bucket. By buying a bucket of the 12oz and an extra single can equals 60oz for $20.88 versus 64oz and $24.71 for the (4) 16oz bucket. Anyway take a look at my chart :D

LOL..this takes planning to a whole new level!

Cool! I never thought of this before seeing your spreadsheet, but I gotta ask now. Will Carnival sell a bucket of any type of beer? I assumed that the buckets would be just Bud or whatever. I like Bass Ale. Can a bucket of Bass Ale be purchased? Can (will) they mix brands in a bucket?

Tim

Cool! I never thought of this before seeing your spreadsheet, but I gotta ask now. Will Carnival sell a bucket of any type of beer? I assumed that the buckets would be just Bud or whatever. I like Bass Ale. Can a bucket of Bass Ale be purchased? Can (will) they mix brands in a bucket?

Tim

That I cannot answer, Mach? Firefly??

Just booked our 1st cruise, so trying to piece together all the amazing info here on CC - love the spreadsheet, very analytical way to break it all down. But I have to ask: Do they not serve Miller Products on Carnival Cruises? Hubby will be devastated (but I would have more $$ for elsewhere on the ship).

thanks in advance for the help

This is great! It would definitely be something that I would do! haha

I do have one thing to add though to it :rolleyes:... you can get 16oz bottles of either Coors or Miller Light for $4.95 a piece. So you can get 64 oz for about $21...4 more oz than the bucket of beer (cans) + 1 can.

Just something else to look at!..the only down side is those are plastic bottles and not aluminum. But EXCELLENT job on putting all of this together!!!

Happy Cruising!! :D

This is great! It would definitely be something that I would do! haha

I do have one thing to add though to it :rolleyes:... you can get 16oz bottles of either Coors or Miller Light for $4.95 a piece. So you can get 64 oz for about $21...4 more oz than the bucket of beer (cans) + 1 can.

Just something else to look at!..the only down side is those are plastic bottles and not aluminum. But EXCELLENT job on putting all of this together!!!

Happy Cruising!! :D

Thanks!!! Here's an updated chart!

CarnivalBeerPrices-3.jpg?t=1297405890

I put together a spreadsheet like this myself the other day. I came to the conclusion the bucket of 16oz miller lite or coors would be one of the best deals. It worked out to $3 and some change per every 12 oz which is in line with what you would pay in any bar stateside. The fosters may work out to a little better deal but I wasn't sure how the bucket deal worked with them.

I put together a spreadsheet like this myself the other day. I came to the conclusion the bucket of 16oz miller lite or coors would be one of the best deals. It worked out to $3 and some change per every 12 oz which is in line with what you would pay in any bar stateside. The fosters may work out to a little better deal but I wasn't sure how the bucket deal worked with them.

This spreadhseet's a "drunkard's dream , if I ever did see one..." (The Band)

:)

You guys are pinching pennies on bad beer:eek: Might as well have tried to smuggle Keystone or Mikey's Big Mouth on board as to drink Miller or Bud colored water with homeopathic hops flavoring. Spend the extra $1 on Bass, Pilsner Urquell, Becks or Sam if the ship carries it and forget all the other stuff. If the ship carries it, the Guinness Pub Draught 16oz is a good deal too, albeit it's not really draught and only slightly alike to real Guinness.

Phew !! This is getting serious. Heres a chart to follow. Start drinking 1 hour later, this will allow you to drink 2 less beers a day. Thats a savings of atleast 10 bucks. Now if you drink 10 beers a day instead of 12 you will effectively lower the cost of those beers to 4.00 by saving the 10.00, a reasonable price for the beers. Or......if you have to worry about the cost for beer just for 1 week during the year maybe you really can't afford the cruise. Now we all like to keep spending down as much as we can but seriously..........

Phew !! This is getting serious. Heres a chart to follow. Start drinking 1 hour later, this will allow you to drink 2 less beers a day. Thats a savings of atleast 10 bucks. Now if you drink 10 beers a day instead of 12 you will effectively lower the cost of those beers to 4.00 by saving the 10.00, a reasonable price for the beers. Or......if you have to worry about the cost for beer just for 1 week during the year maybe you really can't afford the cruise. Now we all like to keep spending down as much as we can but seriously..........

I have to keep my spending down all year...any way to cut a corner is appreciated.

You are showing $7.95 for the Fosters "Oil Can" with tip.

It should be $7.15, that's what I was paying on the Valor a month ago.

cheers

Mike

We nearly always buy buckets! Carnival has a relatively new one on board, which is a pretty good deal (for Carnvial anyway).

They now offer 16 oz. Landshark for $4.95 + tip. So it's nearly a buck cheaper than Bud/BL for the same oz. And much tastier IMO. Get those buy the bucket for $2.00 cheaper, and it's a pretty good deal. Time to update the spreadhsheet!

Archived