Veendam 8/19/12 delayed boarding

sppunk

Instead of hijacking the fleet location thread, I'll start a new one since some watch webcams in NYC. We got here around 10:45 am and have set here since. (Boarding process very easy, great set up here in Manhattan)

It's 1:15 and Veebdam hasn't begun boarding. Technically S guests boarded for 5 minutes at 12:10 pm but that was halted.

Announcement just said (1:15 pm) there is no news at this time, they are bringing in refreshments and will update us later.

Delay was announced at first as an inspection but they just announced it is a "technical issue", that's all staff has said.

I'll try to keep you all updated.

They've postponed check-ins, have a large group outside they won't let into the check-on hall.

Setting up a "light snack" and will call be boarding groups.

I'm guessing, GUESSJNG, they failed a part of a USCG inspection. Say that because we saw CG officials on board and heard a staffer talk about the inspection.

I hope things look up for you now, spunk. If you find out what happened, let us know!

Bon Voyage and I'll be watching on the webcam!

Sorry, I know I'm off topic but I just wanted to remind you Celebrity Summit usually sails pretty promptly at 4PM.

Roy

Might leave 30 mins late, but nothing major.

There are some flat-out rude people so far. Yelling at Lidp servers, complaining about the 48-hour rule, etc. already heard someone say tgey'll demand compensation. Ugh, people.

We however will have a great trip!

There are some flat-out rude people so far. Yelling at Lidp servers, complaining about the 48-hour rule, etc. already heard someone say tgey'll demand compensation. Ugh, people.

Unreal. Hope your fellow pax get a bit nicer. Have a wonderful cruise.

Sorry, I know I'm off topic but I just wanted to remind you Celebrity Summit usually sails pretty promptly at 4PM.

Roy

Thanks, Roy! I've been off line and just found your comment...missed her again...when I checked at 4:36 she was past the VZN! I'll have to try again next Sunday!

Think I see the NCL ship coming along now.

Is this becoming the de facto sailaway thread? I hope Veendam is not delayed too long but for the rest of us a bit of delay will mean we see more of it after NCL clears the bridge.

Roy

Compensation for WHAT :eek: :confused: Sounds like you're in for a great week with cranky pax! I know you'll have a great time, though!

Is this becoming the de facto sailaway thread? I hope Veendam is not delayed too long but for the rest of us a bit of delay will mean we see more of it after NCL clears the bridge.

Roy

Seems that it is, Roy. i.e., sailaway thread.

They are clouds, low cover. About 74, cool breeze. Great day!

Just completed muster drill. They are about to throw lines. We'll be on the bow in a few minutes, this is likely my last report.

Enjoy our sail away - ill think if each of you (yea, right! ;)).

P.S. We have A/C! and a balcony window that is all kinds of smashed/cracked. Eek!

Just completed muster drill. They are about to throw lines. We'll be on the bow in a few minutes, this is likely my last report.

P.S. We have A/C! and a balcony window that is all kinds of smashed/cracked. Eek!

Sounds like someone party to much. Have a great cruise.

Sounds good (despite the cracked window, sorry about that). Thanks for the report and have a great cruise.

Dave and Lou have been getting pretty good about picking up ships SOON after they leave the dock if there isn't too much traffic. Must be a fantastic telephoto lens.

Roy

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds pleasant for sail away :D

Archived