Fibi and Clo Sandals Review

SoonerOne

All: I think the thread about Fibi and Clo sandals went "poof", but not before I bought a pair. I wanted to post a pic and give you my honest opinion about the sandals. I wanted to LOVE them, but.....:(

1. First, they shipped them to the wrong address. They shipped them to my billing address and NOT my shipping address. Bummer.....

2. They are not returnable which I generally never DO return, but I might have with these shoes.

3. They are NOT true to size. I wear a size 7M, which I ordered and they definately run small.

4. They are uncomfortable. Ouch and tight!

5. On the bottom of the right shoe is a disclaimer "Due to the delicate nature of this shoe, there is a risk of damage or even loss of stones during wear for which we cannot be responsible. Please wear with care." And that is because, upon examiniation, the large center rhinestones are sewn on with a thread.

6. "Look of the shoe" - that is really the only thing I like about them, they are beautiful to look at, BUT, they must be functional too. I wear sandals with rhinestones all the time and have never had a problem with any of them.

Here is a pic, please excuse my feet, I hate feet pics, but I wanted to show you the sizing. Not much toe room, right??? I am going to give them a chance today and see if they stretch out some, but so far, definately NOT comfortable.:( I brought another pair of sandals just in case.;)

20120830_062918.jpg

Wanted to add this too.....I've got two different women here at work that are both wear size 6M. They both tried the shoes on and they fit perfectly! Both ladies commented that they were very comfortable. SO.....that leads me to the conclusion that these shoes run 1 size small OR at least the pair that I received do......:rolleyes:

It's NOT that they are inexpensive and cheaply made, I just don't think they have their sizing down pat. It's a new company and I think they are trying to work out the kinks. I wrote them and gave them my 2 cents and opinion and I hope that they will consider sending me a different pair since these are obviously too small.:rolleyes: We shall see....

Thanks for the review. I was considering this exact same pair. Do the stones seem as though they may come loose or are they fairly secure?

Roberta: Yes and stones seem secure.

Good news to report. They are taking my (size 7) pair back and sending a larger pair, no problem.:) Although Michael, the owner, says they run true to size, I still would politely argue that they do not. Especially since I had two co-workers try them on (both, size 6 feet and they fit perfect). I am happy that I will have another pair coming soon. They really are a beautiful sandal and very eye catching and great design. That's why I bought them in the first place, I don't think you will see these all over the place.

I don't normally buy shoes online, unless I know already that a certain brand/style fit, but whoever heard of buying items, especially clothing, online that can't be returned?

I'm glad the company is making it right. Sounds like the size was mis-labeled to me.

I purchased 2 pair but I knew as soon as I saw them online number 1 they will be for special occasions and number 2 to get in a bigger size. I like the fact that they send them in a light weight shoe bag for mw to store them in. I don't think they are cheap price wise. To me $ 45.00 a pair is not horrible but not cheap either.

I purchased 2 pair but I knew as soon as I saw them online number 1 they will be for special occasions and number 2 to get in a bigger size. I like the fact that they send them in a light weight shoe bag for mw to store them in. I don't think they are cheap price wise. To me $ 45.00 a pair is not horrible but not cheap either.

footballbabe3: I am curious...how would you KNOW to order them in a bigger size? I certainly didn't. The good news is that they are sending me a new pair out today.:)

• 4 months later...
footballbabe3: I am curious...how would you KNOW to order them in a bigger size? I certainly didn't. The good news is that they are sending me a new pair out today.:)

They are really cute Donna. Hope you get them in time for our Hawaii adventure>:o:o:o

UPDATE: Well, since this thread has come again I will report what happened in "MY" instance. I did not end up with the sandals I wanted because of the mis-sizing issue. They sent me another style in a size 8, a full size bigger than what I normally wear. They, of course, do not fit:rolleyes:, they are too big. As far as I am concerned, I wasted $50 on this purchase. The new pair are just sitting here in my office since the day they arrived.......lesson learned, no more sandal purchases from Fibi and Clo.

Thank you but NO thank you. I have had enough......they sent me the next size up but in the wrong color and I had to send that one back too and then they sent me a slip on sandal in silver, the one in a size 8 that SURE doesn't fit. After the back and forth 2-3 times, I called it quits.:rolleyes: I am not mad or anything, just disapointed in the sizing and the money I am out. No biggee......

I just checked their site and I see that now they say the pair I ordered fits small.....hmmmm.....I ordered the black cascade. Guess management finally listened....Now I have the Love Knot in silver.....anyone want to buy them? LOL

Edited by SoonerOne

• 3 years later...

Hi SoonerOne,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You purchased at a time when fibi & clo was going through a ton of growing pains. No excuse for what happened, but just wanted you to understand the background. Since that time we have raised a round of investment and will be relaunching this spring with new designs, proper sizing, better team and excellent quality. Simply attach a screen shot of this conversation and we will send you a pair on the house. This time around we will get it right.

Thank you for your candid feedback. It helps us to become better.

Best,

fibi & clo

• 3 weeks later...