Ladies, Do you take a purse?

Is there a need to have one? I am thinking that I won't take mine as it is just one more thing to keep up with while on the cruise. My license and documents I can keep with my husband or in a backpack.

Just wondering what your thoughts are about taking purses!

Thank you!

I take a small purse or wrislet on my cruises so I can put my S&S card, lipgloss, gum, camera, hair clip and other small items I like to carry with me around the ship. Then when getting off at port I throw my wrislet in my beach bag.

I have a travel purse for use when I am in ports--it's lightweight and waterproof without looking like a dreaded "fanny pack" (also known as a big flashing *I am a tourist* sign specially designed for pick pockets). I bring a clutch that I use in the MDR. I like having my id on me, just in case there is any separation.

I take a small purse because we go in at least a day early. But on the cruise I never use a purse. I either use a lanyard for the S&S card or pocket. I am very low maintenance though.

Yes I take a purse since I don't have anyone to carry my stuff.

When traveling to the cruise I take one of these Hipsters from Vera Bradley. It's large enough to carry all my regular purse stuff including my cellphone and travel docs.

11262142?hei=170&wid=216&op_sharpen=1

On the ship I carry the mini hipster and it holds my camera, kindle, small wallet with my id and gambling funds and kleenex and hand sanitizer.

12468127?hei=170&wid=216&op_sharpen=1

Both of these are worn cross body.

Is there a need to have one? I am thinking that I won't take mine as it is just one more thing to keep up with while on the cruise. My license and documents I can keep with my husband or in a backpack.

Thank you!

I carry a small bag (with a shoulder strap) with my id, ship card, some cash, credit card (never be without some money) lipgloss, and phone (set to airplane mode so there are no surprises) - - this goes inside my tote-bag that I carry on the ship.

I always like to keep my id on my own person, you need it getting on and off the ship (ship card too) and if you get separated you want it with you, or at least I do, same reason for carrying phone in ports, emergency use only.

I plan to take a clutch/pouch to carry with me around the ship and then I have a crossbody bag for excursions away from the beach (for those, I'll carry my clutch with the essentials in my beach bag). I love my crossbody bag, as it has hidden compartments to stash my DL, passport, and money, but it has a bigger pocket to carry water bottles, my camera, and sunscreen.

I have a Vera mini hipster, just big enough for camera and necessities for ports I am familiar with and am just walking around. I have a slouch bag for excursions, big enough to carry water, necessities and purchases.

I'm solo so that makes a difference.

I can use the Vera on board to tuck in a book and chapstick.

I carry a small crossbody bag that holds my sea pass card, lip gloss, sunglasses, notes on schedule, etc. I use a larger version for ports that will hold a bottled water, map, etc.

Debbie

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Never, ever, take a purse. I take a small change purse that stays in the room safe with my credit cards, license, etc. On the ship, I only use my S&S which I keep on a lanyard around my neck. For excursions off the ship, I may take the change purse which fits in my pocket. I've never seen a need for a purse on the ship.

Ship: lanyard. Sorry, haters but it is what it is! I don't need lip gloss and hair brushes and gum and ID.... that's all in my cabin.

Port: my purse in a northern port. A lighter purse in a southern port so I don't sweat. No backpack- too easy to pickpocket.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you!

I take what is called a cross-body bag (purse). Its a purse that goes over your should and can come in all sizes. I have a small one that actually can fit my full size wallet. That way I always feel comfortable knowing that I have my ID and/or atm (credit cards) on me. I don't like taking my drivers license and atm/credit cards out of my wallet, because that's why I lose them when they are loose in my purse. Don't bother with a large purse, it becomes awkward and then you put it down for a minute and forget about it.

I take a small purse or wrislet on my cruises so I can put my S&S card, lipgloss, gum, camera, hair clip and other small items I like to carry with me around the ship. Then when getting off at port I throw my wrislet in my beach bag.

I take a wristlet it fits my camera and SS card..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I carry my purse onto the ship with me. I have weird allergies and we drive down to the port. I never know when they will flare up. I have all my medications in my purse for whichever flare up I might need. Once we get on the ship I stash the purse in the room and empty out the inhalers eye drops etc.

I usually live in little lightweight sundresses on a cruise. Unfortunately, most of them do not have pockets. I keep my s&s card on a retractable lanyard that clips onto my dress or beach bag somewhere. My husband gets the dubious distinction of carrying other stuff in his pockets for me.

Last fall I traveled without him for then1st time. I carried my beach bag around the ship with me a bit more during the day. It had my meds, my kindle, some sunscreen, chapstick and after sun moisturizer. I carried it off the ship on port days too with a few more things.

I need to purchase a little bitty purse that I can put my inhaler, a lipstick and my s&s card for evenings. My husband usually pockets those but when traveling on my own I found myself making a lot more little trips back to the room in the evening which interrupts things a bit.

I take my purse with me all the time. Like most of you I have a Vera so it looks nice.

I carry my Kindle, tissues, the ol'mans glasses & my shawl. I get so cold that the shawl I must have. It folds so nice & fit's right in my purse next to my Kindle. :rolleyes:

Do I look weird probably but it is a long walk back to the cabin & i'm not as young as I like to think I am.

We never get of ship, so S&S just stays in the front pocket.

Char

Thank you!

I take mine........I leave it in the Cabin/closet........

But when getting off the Ship I take my purse...

I put my S&S in my pocket.........

I don't have a Husband..............

Male here but my DW hasn't used a purse at all in over twenty years. She has a small wallet insert that she keeps her drivers license, cash and credit cards in. She just carries it in her pockets. On formal nights it goes in my pocket.

Archived