Intercontinental Miami hotel

mikel24m

I posted this in the Florida thread and haven't got a response

I read in a review that they have a club level which includes breakfast and drinks/food in a private club .Has anyone done this and is it worth $60 more ? It will be $195 total for the night.Im just not sure what it includes ( I know I should call but it seems easier to ask on CC) and get the real scoop

:)

Breakfast in the buffet dining room, is approximately $23+ per person. Is the $60 per person or for two.....sounds like with a couple of drinks/snacks it might be worth it to be a 'high roller' for the day.

IC is a wonderful property with beautiful views and only 5 minutes from port.

We did this hotel as a blind hotel thru lastminutetravel for $86. There are plenty of places to eat in the downtown area within walking distance. Of course since they post pictures of the hotel its not really a blind hotel and with this site you KNOW which hotel it is when you book if you do a little DD.

I would check 5 star downtown with lastminute and see what price they have on it.

Breakfast in the buffet dining room, is approximately $23+ per person. Is the $60 per person or for two.....sounds like with a couple of drinks/snacks it might be worth it to be a 'high roller' for the day.

IC is a wonderful property with beautiful views and only 5 minutes from port.

This is what I read in a review just nothing on the website about it that I could find.The price $60 total more not PP

We had upgraded to the "club" level for pennies more. What a bargain! We stayed in Miami, bay views galore, spacious room with many amenities. Club level evening hours were like a cocktail hour at a wonderful wedding. Full bar, soft drinks, water/juices, lots of munchies, desert, newspapers, TV's, and a wonderful caring staff. Continental breakfast the next morning, until 11am, was the icing on the cake. What a deal! I highly recommend when you book your room to try to upgrade. Just the drinks alone that evening would have been $15 to $20 each at a Miami bar, not to mention snacks and then breakfast the next morning. Yes, the room was too wonderful for words

We did this hotel as a blind hotel thru lastminutetravel for $86. There are plenty of places to eat in the downtown area within walking distance. Of course since they post pictures of the hotel its not really a blind hotel and with this site you KNOW which hotel it is when you book if you do a little DD.

I would check 5 star downtown with lastminute and see what price they have on it.

Thanks Fire

I did check LMT and spoke with a person who could do it for $130.Booking direct would be $135 and the club level was $195

The blind hotel thing I have never done but I think the 5 stars were $114 and 4 stars were a little cheaper but not much.I think the Intercontinental was listed as 4 stars

Thanks Fire

I did check LMT and spoke with a person who could do it for $130.Booking direct would be $135 and the club level was $195

The blind hotel thing I have never done but I think the 5 stars were $114 and 4 stars were a little cheaper but not much.I think the Intercontinental was listed as 4 stars

It must have gone down then, because if you look at 5 stars downtown at their site, and then click on pictures.. you should see pictures of the hotel.

I was NOT suggesting you book the hotel by name with lmt, why? when you can do it as a blind hotel .. and see pictures and KNOW what hotel it is.

There are a couple of other ways if you cant match the pictures up to pictures of hotels on expedia (they are related). You can try adding on a car, and then it will tell you what hotel often .. and there is a code in the link that you can put in some site to comfirm what hotel.

The blind hotels are not blind on this site. If you go to florida departures, they are all over this hotel and site and info.

I also joined the LMT club so I usually get a bit more discount now off the listed prices.. even better, but the club is not open for free all the time, you need to watch for it.

if it is now 4 stars.. easy to tell if you click on the pictures of the blind hotel being offered.

I stay at the IC pretty much each time we cruise from Miami. $195 for club level is a great price. The breakfast is great, and the cocktail time is also nice, with decent munchies. My only complaint about the IC is that the pool doesn't get a lot of sun, as it is often shaded by the hotels/condos around it. We usually walk to the park next door and sit in the chairsmthey have and watch the beautiful water and get our sun thatbway. if you do stay there, ask for a bay view room. We often watch the dolphins playing from our room, and also love to see the cruise ships lined up in the a.m. Waiting for their new batch of passengers!

I walked over to Hooters who had a pretty good happy hour going with good prices and good wings. Its at Bayside, that little shopping area close by.

How much is a continental breakfast really worth to you?

It would depend on how much of a drinker you are what the package is worth to you.

I will also say when I checked in at the $86 price, I was given a option to upgrade my room I think for $30 if I wanted to face the ocean, instead of just getting a side ways slice of ocean view.

Stayed there many times. Was just there in April - got a great rate via LMT. Hotel has gone down from what it was once - my view only. After that stay there is no way I'd pay $200 for that - especially given there are newer beautiful hotels very close. I suggest looking around and checking LMT!

It must have gone down then, because if you look at 5 stars downtown at their site, and then click on pictures.. you should see pictures of the hotel.

I was NOT suggesting you book the hotel by name with lmt, why? when you can do it as a blind hotel .. and see pictures and KNOW what hotel it is.

There are a couple of other ways if you cant match the pictures up to pictures of hotels on expedia (they are related). You can try adding on a car, and then it will tell you what hotel often .. and there is a code in the link that you can put in some site to comfirm what hotel.

The blind hotels are not blind on this site. If you go to florida departures, they are all over this hotel and site and info.

I also joined the LMT club so I usually get a bit more discount now off the listed prices.. even better, but the club is not open for free all the time, you need to watch for it.

if it is now 4 stars.. easy to tell if you click on the pictures of the blind hotel being offered.

i just checked and it's still listed as 5 star.

Bill

I misread I guess

I saw it listed at 4.2 stars on their site based on reviews

Maybe you were looking at the tripadvisor ratings?

Not sure what dates you are looking at but for weekend dates i see it listed at $114 plus taxes for September.

Bill

Maybe you were looking at the tripadvisor ratings?

Not sure what dates you are looking at but for weekend dates i see it listed at $114 plus taxes for September.

Bill

Second Sunday in September. I did see the $114 and $115 rates on LMT 5 star hotels

I have never been so looking at the pictures of mainly banquet/meeting halls and the gym it really doesn't help me much. Im still looking at the pictures though

Im sure either you or fire will be able to answer this :)

So if I book through LMT I should call (it says its a better rate if I call) It will be a nice hotel and pretty close to the port as long as I book downtown

Second Sunday in September. I did see the $114 and $115 rates on LMT 5 star hotels

I have never been so looking at the pictures of mainly banquet/meeting halls and the gym it really doesn't help me much. Im still looking at the pictures though

So if I book through LMT I should call (it says its a better rate if I call) It will be a nice hotel and pretty close to the port as long as I book downtown

As above, when you start to book the 5 star hotel downtown, try adding on a car.. and see if it lets you .. and it probably will tell you the name of the hotel if it allows the add on.

Then if that doesnt work, go to Expedia, and look at pictures of the same hotel you think it is.. if the pictures are identical .. bingo.

There is one further way listed on the florida board, but the above worked for me.

I read about lastminutetravel on here and used it to book our Miami hotel 2 years ago. I was lucky though when I cruised in 2006 we had stayed there and I recognized the lobby from the pictures..so that is why I booked that one.

Sorry I know that I didn't answer your question but it is a wonderful hotel.

I have never called so I don't know how much cheaper it would be if at all but worth a shot.

also if you click on description and scroll down to meeting facilities it will say 66,000 sq ft for the Intercontinental.

Here is a picture of their lobby.

lobby.jpg

Intercontinental is a very nice 5 minute walk along the water to bayside. When out at the pool you can see the ships on the other side of the bay.

Bill

I have never called so I don't know how much cheaper it would be if at all but worth a shot.

also if you click on description and scroll down to meeting facilities it will say 66,000 sq ft for the Intercontinental.

lobby.jpg

Intercontinental is a very nice 5 minute walk along the water to bayside. When out at the pool you can see the ships on the other side of the bay.

Bill

Yep..that is the exact picture that made me know that I was booking to correct hotel.

lobby.jpg

Bill

Thanks so much Bill .I did see that picture

As above, when you start to book the 5 star hotel downtown, try adding on a car.. and see if it lets you .. and it probably will tell you the name of the hotel if it allows the add on.

Then if that doesnt work, go to Expedia, and look at pictures of the same hotel you think it is.. if the pictures are identical .. bingo.

There is one further way listed on the florida board, but the above worked for me.

Thanks again Fire It does show the hotel :)

Archived