Best thing about celebrity cruises?

Capella Black

Hi all!

So, I'm having a stressful week. However next week, I'll be on the Infinity, and away from it all for 12 whole days. Anyone want to help me get more excited? If so, please post what you think is the best thing about Celebrity cruises! There's even a chance this will make others happy too.

Capella, I'm going in 61 days and while I don't want to wish my life away, I wish it were sooner :) The best thing for me about Celebrity cruises other than the beautiful ships is how much MORE relaxed I am than when I travel on other cruise lines. Whether it's a 4 day jaunt to the Western Caribbean or a 7 - 12 day trip, I always find that I come back feeling rested. Considering I hit the gym every day, take the stairs, take active excursions and walk every morning, I have to think it must be the culture of Celebrity that brings this to me. Worth every penny.

I wish we were going sooner than next March, too, but I hope you have a wonderful time on the Infinity.

There are quite a few things that make a Celebrity cruise special:

How hard the crew and staff work to make your voyage a wonderful one; the smiles and greetings from the staff and crew; the motion of the boat rocking you to sleep; the almond croissants and lattes from the Cafe al Bacio enjoyed on your balcony early in the morning; the African Solstice tea enjoyed late at night in Cafe al Bacio; the view of the sea from ANYWHERE on the ship; a glass of wine in Cellarmasters; a martini in the Martini Bar; reading a book while the sea slips by your balcony or another outdoor spot; playing bocce ball on the lawn with friends; wine and cheese on the lawn while the jazz band plays; listening to the guitar player on the aft deck while enjoying the view and a glass of wine; meeting new friends at the CC get together; the wonderful smoking policy; dinner in one of the specialty restaurants; and as you said, being at sea and away from all the stresses of life. Bon Voyage to you!

If I had to sum it up, I would say that it's a feeling of warmth - almost like coming home.

The entire staff is friendly, smiling and saying hello - down to the guy cleaning the floor in the Atrium late at night (or early in the morning). They all stop what they are doing to greet you.

Haven't experienced that on any other cruise line.

Keep the Infinity safe for us - we're on her in January

Fabulous ships, fabulous staff, fabulous food, fabulous cabins, its all totally fabulous dahling!! Have a wonderful time!!

Love your post Louise

I have just downloaded dropbox - not sure how you made the link for the tours- I will have to investigate.

Thanks for a good post

which cruise line do you rate closest to Celebrity?

Gail

Love your post Louise

I have just downloaded dropbox - not sure how you made the link for the tours- I will have to investigate.

Thanks for a good post

which cruise line do you rate closest to Celebrity?

Gail

Celebrity! We have only sailed celebrity, and fred olsen, who i work for, and love too.

- Contemporary but elegant design

- Smoking Policy

- No Unnecessary announcements

- Food, while not quite gourmet, still better than other mass market lines

- Best designed buffet at sea on Solstice class

- Excellent specialty dining...just wish they would quit raising the price

Hi all!

So, I'm having a stressful week. However next week, I'll be on the Infinity, and away from it all for 12 whole days. Anyone want to help me get more excited? If so, please post what you think is the best thing about Celebrity cruises! There's even a chance this will make others happy too.

We're excited to have you on board! We're sorry that you are having a stressful week, but we can promise that the moment you are on the Celebrity Infinity, you'll be able to relax, unwind, and have a fantastic trip. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Fabulous ships, fabulous staff, fabulous food, fabulous cabins, its all totally fabulous dahling!! Have a wonderful time!!

I like the overall package which is made up of your reasons. In thinking about it, I would add age demographic, a sense of upscale product/service, and based on the age demographics a flow of product/services geared to that demographic.

I do get the sense that Celebrity is changing/adjusting so that they are broadening their demographic scope both in age and in spendable resources ($$) :)

For me, I look to Celebrity first, then Royal and then others.

#1. Strict smoking policy

#2. Beverage packages (no receipts to sign and hang on to)

Yes to both!

Currently, it the FREE Beverage Package and one of the main reasons we booked 3 more cruises while onboard the Century two weeks ago. And we don't even drink a lot! It's the convenience more than anything, and not having to worry about how much we are spending. We enjoyed the coffee's, the juices, water and soft drinks...things that use to be expected with your cruise fare. Like not having to sign anything, as well. :)

I love that Celebrity is the only line that allows one person in a cabin to purchase a certain beverage package or upgrade just one of them on when board. On other lines everyone in a cabin has to purchase the same one.

I enjoy wine and cocktails, but hubby does not (coke zero for him) so it wouldn't pay to have to purchase the exact same package. That's why we have the next 3 cruises booked with Celebrity.

Ooh, chocolate croissants - bliss! And hey there betterthanvegas - the martini bar does sound good! What I'm currently looking forward to most would be a toss up between trying a lemon drop at that ice-topped bar, or breakfast in bed the first morning, with a view of the ocean.

Hi all!

There was one day while sailing on the Summit that I will always remember. It was an sea day in February in the Caribbean, extremely hot. Everyone was sitting around the pool enjoying the day when over the loud speaker system the theme song from Chariots of Fire started to play. Then the two sets of double doors about the pool deck opened and 4 waiters in tux pants and white shirts stood there holding the doors open with one hand and twirling white napkins in the air with the other hand.

Then dozens of waiters also in black and one walked through the doors holding a silver tray in the air in their right hand. They paraded around the upper deck while the music played then when to the double staircase opposite the doors they exited. Down the stairs circled the pool perimeter stepped up on the pool ledge turned to the crowd, bowed and then stepped down and served everyone sorbet from silver dishes. It was truly a memorable event. Enjoy your cruise. Mike

Archived