Millenium A1 Aqua Class side cabins on deck 11

Franconian

Hi there,

I really would appreciate some tips and pictures of the side cabin verandas on M-Class ship (1100 - 1136, 1101 - 1139.

I read that there is almost no shade there. Especially in the late afternoon or during the night, it must be wonderful to have a unobstructed view of the sky.

But what during the day?

We´re planning to go on the "Gems of Indonesia" cruise in November and I assume that there might be some hot, sunny days as well.

Will it be unconvenient during the day due to the lack shade?

Stupid question: Are there sunshades available (I assume during cruising they might be dangerous or blown away?)

Has someone taken a photo of the veranda of these side cabins?

(We will have 1114). Is it true that 1114,1116 and 1118 verandas are a bit larger?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts on that.

Greetings from Germany

Markus

HI- We were in 1116 on Constellation in December, Millie's "sister" ship. We LOVED it. It is true that 1114, 1116 & 1118 have slightly bigger balconies, they stick out a few inches farther than the rest of the cabins, with 1116 being the farthest out.

The first two feet or so of the veranda is covered and the rest is completely open. Again, we really liked the open air feel of the balcony. I'm sure while sitting in port it might be warm with no breezes but once moving I can't imagine that being a problem and at night it was wonderful with the entire open sky around you. I can't speak for Millenium but on Connie our balcony had two chairs, two tables and a foot stool, it was quite nice and larger than the lower floor balconies.

I don't know of any sun shades that might be available but a hat and some sunglasses were all we needed cruising around the Caribbean.

These rooms offer great privacy, nobody running up and down the halls, the bathrooms are great and since they are the "newest" rooms on the ship they are also in very good condition.

We liked this room so much we've booked the same one for a cruise this fall on Infinity. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!! Enjoy!!:D:)

Hi Gracie115,

thank you - this sounds great!

Did you take any photos of the veranda?

And - another question - were there any problems with noise from the sunset bar below?

Thanks again.

Best,

Markus

We didn't take any pictures, sorry! We heard NOTHING from below or above, it was the quietest area we've ever been on a ship...very nice!!

We had 1110 on the Connie, a very nice cabin and quiet. I have heard complaints of slamming doors from people who had cabins on both sides of the ships 1100-1105 or so. I can easily believe that. Next month we'll have 1117 on the Connie. I'm sure we'll be happy

......Has someone taken a photo of the veranda of these side cabins?

Boogs posted the following photo

9313.jpg

It was taken before the cabins were complete so no balcony furnishings, but it gives a good idea of the balcony size and the overhang.

We're actually looking at booking the Constellation for a charter cruise in Feb 2016, and 1116 looks like it might be a nice stateroom for us.

I know you said it was very quiet - do you get a lot of people on the deck above during the day? It looks like the only thing on Deck 12 is the basketball court?

We did the Solstice in the Mediterranean, and absolutely loved Aqua Class. The Persian Garden was awesome - does the one on the Millenium have the heated stone beds? There was nothing better than coming back from a long day in port and just relaxing on those. :) I also like being close enough to the buffet to run down, grab some food/snacks, and hang out on the balcony & eat.

We're actually looking at booking the Constellation for a charter cruise in Feb 2016, and 1116 looks like it might be a nice stateroom for us.

I know you said it was very quiet - do you get a lot of people on the deck above during the day? It looks like the only thing on Deck 12 is the basketball court?

We did the Solstice in the Mediterranean, and absolutely loved Aqua Class. The Persian Garden was awesome - does the one on the Millenium have the heated stone beds? There was nothing better than coming back from a long day in port and just relaxing on those. :) I also like being close enough to the buffet to run down, grab some food/snacks, and hang out on the balcony & eat.

1116 is far enough down the deck that we never heard anyone from above. The railing above is far enough back that they can't see into your stateroom, at least not that far down the deck. I NEVER heard anyone playing basketball. It was a very nice location.:)

Here is a photo that I borrowed from the web. :)

I never knew that 3 of those staterooms had larger balconies than the rest. We have an AQ near the end of the starboard side.

To the OP...I think when you have a port intensive cruise, such as Indonesia , you will not spend much time on your balcony. It is good for sail-in and sail-away, though.;)

10697536833_88075e614a_b.jpg.791fdc8cc0cd2a84bc5b1ab1e2633828.jpg

Photos were taken in January 2012 after Infinity added the deck 11 Aqua Class cabins.

Photo #3 is from Deck 11 looking aft on the starboard side as you approach the AQ cabin area.

Photo #4 shows what was mentioned earlier about the railing on deck 12 being far enough back that they can't see into your stateroom.

1453693454_1InfinityDeck11PortSide.jpg.b3dea016a01037bc623b508fb3b73398.jpg

1542275850_2InfinityDeck11Starboard.jpg.52db2c066e85391c01593aacdec279f4.jpg

442958985_3Fomdeck11lookingaft.jpg.907f0e54be9f492e0d47aba2f2ccbd3f.jpg

1821825135_4Lookingdownfrom12atAQBalconies.jpg.fa4e64b819694583b9dd8ade0f8ff2f1.jpg

New cabins. Super location, next to aft elevators, one flight up from aft bar and main buffet. There is an un-crowded deck just outside the forward doors. There is no "thru" traffic, and nothing above you unless you are in the cabins most forward under the basketball court. A shallow overhang provides some shade, and except at midday, one side or the other of the ship is the "shady side". You might want to stay away from the cabins at the end of the corridor, since there could be occasional noise from the door.

Hi there,

I really would appreciate some tips and pictures of the side cabin verandas on M-Class ship (1100 - 1136, 1101 - 1139.

I read that there is almost no shade there. Especially in the late afternoon or during the night, it must be wonderful to have a unobstructed view of the sky.

But what during the day?

We´re planning to go on the "Gems of Indonesia" cruise in November and I assume that there might be some hot, sunny days as well.

Will it be unconvenient during the day due to the lack shade?

Stupid question: Are there sunshades available (I assume during cruising they might be dangerous or blown away?)

(We will have 1114). Is it true that 1114,1116 and 1118 verandas are a bit larger?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts on that.

Greetings from Germany

Markus

We just got off the Constellation today, and we were in Cabin 1114. It was a very quiet, clean cabin with a veranda that was slightly larger (but just a matter of inches, really) than most verandas. The veranda was sunny part of the day and in shade other times. Very nice. Don't worry, and have a great cruise.

We were in 1119 on Summit in January. Very nice room and location. 1115-1121 have wider balconies with 1117 and 1119 being the largest. They sit over the bump out from the buffet below. Very small overhang. The basketball court on 12 is forward of the rooms so no noise from it. If someone decides to jog on the sundeck on 12 you can hear them. This only happened a couple of times. Other than the sea day and during sail away very few people use the sundeck on 12. We did have a lounger above us that was rocking in the wind that I had to go up and move. No noise after that. Also there is a staff door across from 1115 if you are concerned about noise from staff coming and going. Very little traffic in the hallways since its not an area most passengers go through. Aft elevator and stairs are a few doors down and very convenient. The only complaint my wife had is the room is fairly narrow and with the bed by the bath it feels a bit cramped getting to the couch and balcony.

• 5 months later...

I have the option to choose between 1116 (port) or 1119 (starboard) for our Connie cruise in January. They are both out on the hump and sightly bigger than the other side AQ rooms, but are there any difference between those two at all?

I have the option to choose between 1116 (port) or 1119 (starboard) for our Connie cruise in January. They are both out on the hump and sightly bigger than the other side AQ rooms, but are there any difference between those two at all?

If smoking is a concern to you, I would suggest checking if smoking is still allowed aft on deck 10 starboard side. 1119 may be far enough from the aft starboard corner not to be an issue. We were on Millie last May (1108) and some friends staying aft starboard side had some issues with it.

If smoking is a concern to you, I would suggest checking if smoking is still allowed aft on deck 10 starboard side. 1119 may be far enough from the aft starboard corner not to be an issue. We were on Millie last May (1108) and some friends staying aft starboard side had some issues with it.

Sorry... got starboard & port mixed up. Cabin 1119 is port side and Cabin 1116 is starboard side. Not sure if the port side continues to be the smoking side of the ship. During our cruise, smoking was allowed aft on port side of deck 10.

Sorry... got starboard & port mixed up. Cabin 1119 is port side and Cabin 1116 is starboard side. Not sure if the port side continues to be the smoking side of the ship. During our cruise, smoking was allowed aft on port side of deck 10.

I get port/starboard mixed up all the time.

I was in 1116 on Connie, great room...it is on the nonsmoking side.....

Would book it again happily!!:)

I get port/starboard mixed up all the time.

I was in 1116 on Connie, great room...it is on the nonsmoking side.....

Would book it again happily!!:)

Hi Gracie115-

Did you happen see if the balcony was larger or smaller beside you, in cabin 1118?

We were in #1136, the very last cabin on the side. This was a cruise in fairly cool weather (Shanghai to Seward), so we did not have a problem with too many people using the outside stairs right outside our cabin, coming in through the outside door and letting it slam shut. This might be an issue if the weather were warm and people were using the deck below and wanting a shortcut to these cabins. Otherwise, we loved the cabin.

Hi Gracie115-

Did you happen see if the balcony was larger or smaller beside you, in cabin 1118?

1116 was the largest, 1118 was just slightly smaller. Having said that the overall difference between 1116 and most of the others is probably about a half a foot, not a lot, but because it juts out just a bit farther you have the best views on the side of the ship of all those rooms. Enjoy!:)

1116 was the largest, 1118 was just slightly smaller. Having said that the overall difference between 1116 and most of the others is probably about a half a foot, not a lot, but because it juts out just a bit farther you have the best views on the side of the ship of all those rooms. Enjoy!:)

Thanks for the input :)

We have booked 1105 on the Summit 2/21/15 for Southern and I am looking for some of the same information hopefully from someone that has had this room or nearby. I am concerned about too much heat in the room and not being able to use balcony. We are going with it either way but looking for reassurance.

We had 1110 on the Summit for our cruise to a Bermuda in May. Great room!

The room tended to get hot during the day if the curtains were open, because of the sun streaming in. And that's not the Caribbean! It was maybe only 71-72 during the day. Once we figured out to leave the curtains closed, it wasn't bad in the room.

We didn't find it too hot and sunny to sit on the balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 months later...