Small fire on board Norwegian Breakaway

mikecherisk

I'm on board the Norwegian Breakaway right now, in our way back to new york.

We were just informed about a small fire in the garbage room. Situation is under control right now, and an announcement was made stating that there was no cause for alarm and that the fire was completely contained.

Hi- How are the seas for your return home?

Actually the seas are very rough! The ship is rocking a lot and all open decks and areas are closed, but still we had a great time. The crew has handled it very well and managed to make us have a nice day on board.

I'm on board the Norwegian Breakaway right now, in our way back to new york.

We were just informed about a small fire in the garbage room. Situation is under control right now, and an announcement was made stating that there was no cause for alarm and that the fire was completely contained.

OMG! How embarrassing. We started a fire in our cabin in the middle of the night on our first cruise 20 years ago. YIKES!!! Caused quite a stir to say the least. Might be a good story to share if we make it to the meet and greet. LOL

Butterfinger/ aka Kathy from northern Maine

OMG! How embarrassing. We started a fire in our cabin in the middle of the night on our first cruise 20 years ago. YIKES!!! Caused quite a stir to say the least. Might be a good story to share if we make it to the meet and greet. LOL

Butterfinger/ aka Kathy from northern Maine

Kathy, where in northern Maine do you live? I'm in Caribou!

:eek: Trying to melt chocolate cake? :D

Nope not melting chocolate cake. LOL It was our 20th anniversary and we had the honeymoon suite on a now defunt cruiseline. I had lit some votive candles on the headboard for a lil romance. While we were 'busy' the pillow caught fire and quickly went up in flames and scorched the headboard, made quite a mess on the sheets and set off fire alarms....Something we'll never forget......like being runners in Aruba last year. OYE! Well, at least we keep cruising exciting.

Nope not melting chocolate cake. LOL It was our 20th anniversary and we had the honeymoon suite on a now defunt cruiseline. I had lit some votive candles on the headboard for a lil romance. While we were 'busy' the pillow caught fire and quickly went up in flames and scorched the headboard, made quite a mess on the sheets and set off fire alarms....Something we'll never forget......like being runners in Aruba last year. OYE! Well, at least we keep cruising exciting.

I would not be bragging that you carelessly lit candles on a cruise and potentially put hundreds of passengers lives in danger. Talk about being irresponsible![emoji35]

I would not be bragging that you carelessly lit candles on a cruise and potentially put hundreds of passengers lives in danger. Talk about being irresponsible![emoji35]

I have to say I really don't appreciate your snippiness. R U one of those people who thinks they know everything??? R U Perfect and never make mistakes??? This was our very first cruise and we did NOT know that you couldn't have candles onboard or we would NOT have done this. (BTW, the candles were in votive cups) Hard lesson learned. Situation was taken care of very quickly with no one hurt but the pillow.

Nope not melting chocolate cake......

:eek: :D Thanks for sharing.

Nothing like creating special permanently seared in memories while making whoopee.

Were you able to get dressed before the fire crew arrived. :)

So that's why candles are prohibited nowadays. lol.

And the headboard.

Which you guys probably would have damaged one way or another anyhow... :cool:

Thanks to the last two posters who actually have a sense of humor. We were mortifiedly embarrassed about the situation and certainly learned a lesson from it. Yes, we were able to get dressed before security came to our room. And yes, we received a letter under our door early the next morning to have a meeting with the captain about the situation. Hubby insisted on going without me because I was already so embarrassed and I reminded him to take the credit card with him. Captain explained WHY no candles are allowed onboard ships, and told him if we promised not to burn any more candles, we were fine and no charges against us. (Marks on headboard were minimal and were easily buffed out by hubby so you could hardly tell.) Trust me, we have been on 12 cruises now and we don't bring candles, irons or anything else that heats up, except my curling iron.