Bon Voyage Experience

Cruisedreamer1

My girl friend are cruising together and our husbands are dropping us off at the port. It would be great if they could join us for lunch after we board.

Does this program still exist and if so what does it cost and what do you get for it?

We will be on a Crown cruise leaving from Los Angeles, CA. Thank you.

Edited by Cruisedreamer1
ship's name

My girl friend are cruising together and our husbands are dropping us off at the port. It would be great if they could join us for lunch after we board.

Does this program still exist and if so what does it cost and what do you get for it?

We will be on a Crown cruise leaving from Los Angeles, CA. Thank you.

Here is a link for the schedule..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48868239&postcount=10

It does...:)

$39 per person - that can be applied to a future cruise

Approx. 4 hours onboard

MDR lunch with wine

Ship tour if desired

Priority embarkation

Photo

I believe that's it ;)....check the list in the link of previous post to see if it is available for your sailing.

We've taken friends on this and done it ourselves. It's a great way to get to thank your drivers plus get on the ship a bit early too. Not everyone at Princess's call center seems to know about it so you might get transferred around a bit, but you'll get there!

I know that for many the MDR is a highlight but if you so choose you can eat any where on board ship that is open. OR eat in the MDR then try other food locations. :) Go Hungry.

Edited by waltd

It does...:)

$39 per person - that can be applied to a future cruise

Approx. 4 hours onboard

MDR lunch with wine

Ship tour if desired

Priority embarkation

Photo

I believe that's it ;)....check the list in the link of previous post to see if it is available for your sailing.

Don't forget...you must use the $39 credit within 90 days.

The rep will go over all the legal stuff when you call to book. It's obvious that they have a script that they're required to read.

BTW: they can even take a dip in the pool, if they want. :D

Edited by JF - retired RRT

You will link up the one day BVE "cruise card" to a credit card so they can buy drinks onboard, lay by the pool, have some pizza. (You dont have to do MDR lunch, I prefer buffet or PIZZA!)

I live close to San Pedro and enjoy the BVE even without knowing anyone on the cruise.

You will link up the one day BVE "cruise card" to a credit card so they can buy drinks onboard, lay by the pool, have some pizza. (You dont have to do MDR lunch, I prefer buffet or PIZZA!)

I live close to San Pedro and enjoy the BVE even without knowing anyone on the cruise.

Then the $39 is really worth it! I thought it was a Princess-guided tour.

This is probably a silly question, but how do they find you when it's time for your guests to leave the ship? Not sure everyone could participate in the honor system ;)

Everyone participates in the cruise card system, including the BVE guests. They either find their way off the ship at the right time, or they get their name announced to report to the naughty room, and you get blamed if the ship leaves late.

This is probably a silly question, but how do they find you when it's time for your guests to leave the ship? Not sure everyone could participate in the honor system ;)

Your card is scanned in when you board the ship and when the announcement is made to leave they scan you out. If you don't leave the ship doesn't leave. Not nice to fool mother Princess. :)

When our daughter did the BVE she and her bf were allowed one bottle of wine each to bring on which they left with us. :)

Also they do say 3:30 but BVE guests were also asked to leave again right before muster.

This was out of NY

When our daughter did the BVE she and her bf were allowed one bottle of wine each to bring on which they left with us. :)

Also they do say 3:30 but BVE guests were also asked to leave again right before muster.

This was out of NY

Probably because someone decided they didn't need to follow the rules.

Probably because someone decided they didn't need to follow the rules.

Thank you for the kind remark. ;)

The rules were followed. The BVE department told me about it when we booked it.

Edited by janetz