Procedure for B2B Cruises

bun38

It varies from port to port, ship to ship, etc. The most important advice would be to FOLLOW ANY INSTRUCTIONS YOUR ARE GIVEN by ship's crew. If you don't your actions/non actions have the potential to IMPACT THE WHOLE GROUP OF "IN-TRANSIT" PEOPLE.

Our port for B2B is Port Everglades on the Crown Princess

We did a B2B on the Crown out of Port Everglades in November. We were taken off the ship together. After presenting passports we had to sit in the terminal for a while because not everyone got off the ship when told to. When the last of the passengers got off we were let back on. There were probably 60 or so of us. If the group is several hundred you might not have to leave the ship. So the answer is...it depends.

Our port for B2B is Port Everglades on the Crown Princess

We have experienced two different procedures at Port Everglades. The most common procedure was to meet with other in-transit passengers on the ship as a group. The we march off the ships to present passports to the customs/immigration officers and wait in a seating area briefly before returning onto the ship. The other procedure was we all met in the Princess Theater. Once everyone showed up the officers checked our passports as we exited the theater and we never had to leave the ship. I believe it was done this way because of the high number of in-transit passengers on board but I may be wrong.

You will receive instructions and your in-transit card in you cabin before turn-around day.

The most important thing is to meet where you are told ON TIME. No one goes anywhere until every in-transit passenger is accounted for---either present at the meeting or scanned off the ship to go into town or on an excursion.

The most important thing is to meet where you are told ON TIME. No one goes anywhere until every in-transit passenger is accounted for---either present at the meeting or scanned off the ship to go into town or on an excursion.

I couldn't agree with you more. I did a B2B on the Caribbean Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago. We all had to cool our jets in the terminal for at least an extra 45-60 minutes before the final butt head got off the ship. That's 45-60 minutes of stuffing my face in the Horizon Court that I'll never get back again. :) When he finally came down the escalator into the main waiting area, a large group of us gave him a rousing Bronx cheer.

Or, if you are so inclined, you can walk off on your own with any group that is disembarking (as long as you have your in transit card) go where ever you want and re-board as soon as boarding starts. With the card you can enter via the crew door and be one of the first to board.

Or, if you are so inclined, you can walk off on your own with any group that is disembarking (as long as you have your in transit card) go where ever you want and re-board as soon as boarding starts. With the card you can enter via the crew door and be one of the first to board.

Agree. You can leave the ship anytime between when the first passengers can disembark up until the time B2B passengers still on board need to meet to be processed together.

Whether you take a Princess tour that day or go around on your own, that option will be much more pleasant than doing the group processing. Just be sure to take your passport with you as you will have to clear immigration when you leave the ship.