Dimensions of Safe on Ship

bwc318

Dimensions of safe on ship.

My husband has contacted Viking by phone and email but hasn’t been able to find the dimensions of the safe in a DV room on the Sun. He is trying to decide if a 15” laptop will fit in the safe. Any ideas?

Edited by bwc318
finish

Try contacting tellus@vikingcruises.com. They are usually pretty good at responding to inquiries. Or, if we are lucky, they will post an answer here.

When you find out, please share the answer here. I am sure that you aren't the only one who is asking.

Also, keep in mind that 15 inches is a diagonal measurement. Grab a tape measure and measure the length and width of the laptop. Also note that the outside measurement of the safe is not the same as the size of the opening or the usable space inside (the door eats up about an inch of the depth).

Dimensions of safe on ship.

My husband has contacted Viking by phone and email but hasn’t been able to find the dimensions of the safe in a DV room on the Sun. He is trying to decide if a 15” laptop will fit in the safe. Any ideas?

I’m writing from the Viking Sea. I don’t have a ruler, but by using a piece of 8.5 by 11 paper, I think it’s at least 11” deep by 17” wide. The door opening is narrower but you could get your laptop in.

We’ve left iPads, iPhones and jewellery out and never worried about it..

I’m writing from the Viking Sea. I don’t have a ruler, but by using a piece of 8.5 by 11 paper, I think it’s at least 11” deep by 17” wide. The door opening is narrower but you could get your laptop in.

We’ve left iPads, iPhones and jewellery out and never worried about it..

I sometimes think that we use the safe more to keep track of these items than to deter theft. "Honey, where did you put the....?"

I sometimes think that we use the safe more to keep track of these items than to deter theft. "Honey, where did you put the....?"

That is what we do! For us it's an easy place to keep important stuff we do not want to lose track of. We keep anything important there all the time and only get stuff out as needed.

I don’t believe it will. It’s big enough for passports, jewelry, wallets, etc. but not a laptop. On our three week cruise in December, we left our laptop, iPads, phones and occasionally jewelry out and they were never disturbed.

To expand on my "it will fit" reply. The very laptop I'm typing on now (15" Macbook Pro) easily fit, along with an iPad, Kindle, jewelry box, and god-knows-what-else with no problem. It's not very tall, but plenty wide. That said, we left them out from time to time without incident or concern.

My 12” MacBook fit with plenty of room to spare. I kept it in the safe initially, then didn’t bother after that.

Agree.

If you think the staff will steal your electronics, you shouldn’t book Viking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To expand on my "it will fit" reply. The very laptop I'm typing on now (15" Macbook Pro) easily fit, along with an iPad, Kindle, jewelry box, and god-knows-what-else with no problem. It's not very tall, but plenty wide. That said, we left them out from time to time without incident or concern.

We had our Apple out for 141 days on VWC including 3 off the ship tours of 4 days each and nothing including the Apple was ever misplaced or missing when we returned . If it bothers you get a security cable with a padlock and use it !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had our Apple out for 141 days on VWC including 3 off the ship tours of 4 days each and nothing including the Apple was ever misplaced or missing when we returned . If it bothers you get a security cable with a padlock and use it !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure your reply was directed at me, but you quoted my post, so to reiterate, as I stated in the post you replied to, we left things out without incident or concern. Never in the least bit concerned about theft or misuse.

We put things in the safe so:

1) we knew where they were,

2) to tidy up the cabin, and

3) its a ship so, while rare, it is subject to sudden unexpected movements that can send things flying. Things are "safe" in the safe.

Agree.

If you think the staff will steal your electronics, you shouldn’t book Viking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I didn’t say anything but staff or theft, only asked about the size of the safe.

Thanks and thanks for telling me how to have the duplicate post taken down.