Ruby Menus, 7-Night Inside Passage, May 19-26

ericopia

I captured the Main Dining menus on our sailing last week, and if technology plays along, I’ll share them here. Starting with embarkation dinner (the only time I snapped the dessert menu)...

f46b96dc2fcec910879d773a8e7a6327.jpg

40f0399729fa78b5dec4cfa80127d5a0.jpg

925cc5dce1f2e96f3102c3c6461fc658.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Thanks for posting these menus. Everything looks good. Looks like they have made some major changes.Sad that there is no Prime rib. How wasthe roast Beeef substitute?

I like the idea of getting a filet Mignon from the crown Grill as thats all I would ever order there and hate the three hour dinners I usually wind up with there. This way I get my same waiters at the pace I am used to.As for the Lobster and rib eye. Tried them . Not worth the up charge.

There was Prime Rib on the Juneau night, but we ended up at the buffet that night (got back onboard from our shore excursions after 8 and didn't feel like rushing to clean up for MDR). In hindsight, we should have rushed as I didn't really find anything appealing at Horizon Court that night.

THANK YOU so much for posting the menus. I have not yet been on a Princess cruise with the more modern menu like this but I have to admit, I have emailed Princess and requested that they get their dinner menu out of the 1970's. Like who eats that way anymore (except maybe my 65 year old husband from the Mid-West who can't get out of the 50's and 60's!) This looks fantastic. Did you enjoy the meals?

THANK YOU so much for posting the menus. I have not yet been on a Princess cruise with the more modern menu like this but I have to admit, I have emailed Princess and requested that they get their dinner menu out of the 1970's. Like who eats that way anymore (except maybe my 65 year old husband from the Mid-West who can't get out of the 50's and 60's!) This looks fantastic. Did you enjoy the meals?
For now, I believe this new menu is just being tested on the Ruby.

There was Prime Rib on the Juneau night, but we ended up at the buffet that night (got back onboard from our shore excursions after 8 and didn't feel like rushing to clean up for MDR). In hindsight, we should have rushed as I didn't really find anything appealing at Horizon Court that night.

Thank you so much for posting all these menus!!!!! When you came back from Juno and you went to the Horizon Court by any chance, did you notice if they had crab legs? I see they had them in the dining room and I was hoping that being the buffet as well.

Thank you again!

Did you enjoy the meals?

Honestly, for us, they were OK, but not exceptional. (We only ended up in MDR three out of seven nights, though, and could only get in for two lunches.) The first night, I had the Hazelnut Crusted Salmon, which was great, but the accompanying rice was almost completely flavorless. (As a newbie, I had no idea that "Princess Favorites" meant the item would be on the menu every night. I just wanted to eat fresh salmon right away on my Alaska voyage. :cool:) We felt the rice dishes often were similarly bland in other MDR meals, too. DH did love the Duck à l'Orange, finding it to be not overly sweet like he's found on shore many times.

When you came back from Juno and you went to the Horizon Court by any chance, did you notice if they had crab legs? I see they had them in the dining room and I was hoping that being the buffet as well.

They didn't. On Juneau night, the buffet had a themed menu with what I think was mostly Indian (and/or possibly Southeast Asian) food. (The next night – Skagway – was themed more Chinese/Japanese, including fresh-made sushi and sashimi. Made for a good early-evening treat before a late dinner at CG.) I never saw crab legs other than on the menus for MDR and for Crab Shack nights.

I hope that they stay with these menus and that they are available on the Grand in September when we sail next with Princess. We have been very disappointed with the food choices and quality on Princess on our last 2 cruises (except for the Crown Grill and Alfredo's Pizza which were both excellent).

Thanks so much for posting! I recently had surgery resulting in replacing my lower jaw. It takes any sinewy proteins away (essentially all red meats and chicken). It looks like they have decent fish and soup choices and some "softer" entree or appetizer choices. Thank you again for sharing. I hope the menu is the same in August.

Thank you for sharing. I am sailing on Princess in September - first time. I especially like the chilled soups and other dishes they showed in the starters. Hope we can expect those when we go. The first thing that jumped out at me was the Duck. So glad your husband liked it and hope it is on the menu when I go. How would you rate the servings as to size? I don't have a man-size appetite. Would a soup and starter plus a main and dessert be too much?

Not much really changed with the menus other than rearranging, switching to a nightly bread and spread, adding extra charge Crown Grill options and changing the burger option to an Ernesto burger. The various chilled soups should be available on you ship/cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for sharing. I am sailing on Princess in September - first time. I especially like the chilled soups and other dishes they showed in the starters. Hope we can expect those when we go. The first thing that jumped out at me was the Duck. So glad your husband liked it and hope it is on the menu when I go. How would you rate the servings as to size? I don't have a man-size appetite. Would a soup and starter plus a main and dessert be too much?

I have a lighter appetite, too. Portions were about what I'd expect from a restaurant in the U.S. on land. (Not "Cheesecake Factory"-sized though.) I think if I'd had both a soup and a starter, I'd have been too full by dessert. The only restaurant with truly small portions was SHARE, and that was appropriate given it's a six-course meal.

Correct..started on March 31st sailing...but they have tweaked it for Alaska....

I happened to be on the 31st sailing of Ruby and May 12-19th in Alaska..so noticed the difference,the new menu is a welcome change IMHO.

Crown Grill we did enjoy some "North Alaska" oysters

f86d4a80b81c83e7c7591d69ae80fda6.jpg

This is the "special one" for Alaska....I order both the crab legs(good) and halibut(disappointed, in it preparation but still was happy to see it on the menu)

Chick & waffles have been on since the inception..I tried them on the first cruise as I thought it was novel....but I was not expecting drumsticks...

Prime rib is no longer served on the first night with the new menus but they do serve it once during the cruise...you see it on this menu at the top.

Thanks OP for printing these menus....as I wanted a copy of this one....