"LIVE" from the Grandeur 06/04/06

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
6,084 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Tomorrow is the day ! The beautiful Grandeur of the Seas will set sail to

beautiful Bermuda for a 5 night cruise. Join me from the NEW

Cruise Maryland Terminal at the Port of Baltimore.

Stay tuned for "LIVE" trip Reports of all aspects of the Cruise, including

Daily Photos life on board the Grandeur, photos of Public Rooms, exteriors, dining, Hamilton, and Kings Wharf,

Daily Commentary , and answers to what you want to know

about the Grandeur of the Seas.(hopefully I will have the

answers .) The Grandeur has recently installed

Wi Fi throughout the Ship, so my Internet connection should hold up well.

(keep your fingers crossed )

I hope that all goes well....I checked the forecast for Bermuda, and they are calling for showers both days that we are there (Tues-Wed)....
We will make the best of it a nd have a Great relaxing Cruise no matter what the weather is !

I should be boarding tomorrow by 3PM. See you then

Radio

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon !
Carnival Pride / November 2017
Anthem of the Seas January / 2018

5 NEW Videos

*Oasis of the Seas 2017
*MSC Divina May 2016
*Quantum of the Seas –January 2015
*Quantum of the Seas 2 Night Pre Inaugural
*Carnival Pride 2015- Bahamas

Radio's Cruise Album
Ship Photos
Cabin Pics
Video's
Ports of Call
Photos from "LIVE" Cruises and More !
Florida
72 Posts
Joined Aug 2001
Hey Radio

Always enjoy your live from threads and the pictures. Look forward to seeing these!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Scott
28 cruises past
Central Ohio
16,195 Posts
Joined May 2003
Radio:

Stop by the Schooner Bar and say ``Hi'' to pianist/entertainer Jim Brookheart for the ``Candy Lady'' and ``Crazy Guest.'' Jim is a great entertainer. Spent many hours at the Schooner during our 4/29 repo cruise, Tampa to SJ.

Dianne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
USASA - We were never there. That's our story and we're sticking to it.
239 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Hi Radio.

I will be boarding the ship next Friday when you depart. I am excited to see what you experience. This will be my first cruise so I am not sure what to expect. You reports will help me get through the week. Have a great cruise and I hope the weather turns out well for you.

Alliesma
Northeast Ohio
293 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Hi Radio,
We'll be joining you tomorrow on the Grandeur! If I bring my laptop, will I be able to use it anywhere on the ship? Will there be a fee?
Thanks, Karen
6,084 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Originally posted by Skippers
Hi Radio,
We'll be joining you tomorrow on the Grandeur! If I bring my laptop, will I be able to use it anywhere on the ship? Will there be a fee?
Thanks, Karen
Hi Karen, yes there will be a fee. the price starts at .50 per minute. It will be cheaper per minute if you buy a package of minutes.

You must have an Aircard or Laptop that is capable for WiFi. If not, Grandeur should be able to provide a rental while on board.

WiFI should be available in several ares on the ship. It is not available everywhere... I will provide details once on board.

I have sailed the Grandeur many times, but when I was on last July, there was no WiFi....

Radio
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon !

5 NEW Videos

*Oasis of the Seas 2017
*MSC Divina May 2016

Radio's Cruise Album
Ship Photos
Cabin Pics
Video's
Ports of Call
Virginia
1,650 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Radio,
I too will be on next Friday when you are returning. I look forward to the insight on this ship before our arrival. Take care of her!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SunnieD

Serenade of the Seas 3/19/05 7 day Mother/Daughter Southern Caribbean
Grandeur of the Seas 6/9/06 9 day Family Cruise Western Caribbean
Carnival Pride 3/4/07 7 day 10th Wedding Anniv. Mexican Riviera
Carnival Sensation 10/11/07 - DH's 40th Birthday Surprise Cruise!!!
Adventure of the Seas 4/13/08 - Southern Caribbean with Mom again!
Carnival Splendor 1/3/09 - Winter Getaway Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Fascination 8/16/10 6 day Summer Fun cruise to Key West and Nassau
Carnival Pride 4/18/2011 Family Cruise #2 to Bermuda
Norwegian Jade 6/18/2011 Just Friends cruise to the Med!!

Carnival Pride 4/17/11 Family

Always working on the next one.....
Northeast Ohio
293 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Thanks for the info on the WiFi, Radio,
Any more updates on the weather? Last year when we were going to Bermuda on the 5 day Explorer trip we went to Canada instead and I am hoping for much better weather this trip!
Karen
6,084 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Originally posted by Skippers
Thanks for the info on the WiFi, Radio,
Any more updates on the weather? Last year when we were going to Bermuda on the 5 day Explorer trip we went to Canada instead and I am hoping for much better weather this trip!
Karen
I don't think we will be going to Canada...Its just calling for Showers both days....

If they change course, I will be happy jsut to be on the Ship

Radio
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon !

5 NEW Videos

*Oasis of the Seas 2017
*MSC Divina May 2016

Radio's Cruise Album
Ship Photos
Cabin Pics
Video's
Ports of Call
Little Rock, Arkansas
37,374 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Hey Radio, have a great cruise! Look forward to seeing your Live From postings. Wish I was doing the same thing!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wrona

3/02 Sovereign of the Seas Bahamas, 5/03 Voyager of the Seas Western Caribbean, 1/05 Voyager of the Seas Eastern Caribbean, 12/05 Rhapsody of the Seas Western Caribbean, 2/06 Brilliance of the Seas Partial Panama Canal(Live posts or photos), 3/06 Serenade of the Seas Southern Caribbean (Review or photos), 3/06 Monarch of the Seas Mexico, 2/07 Jewel of the Seas Eastern Caribbean (Mustard of the Seas 1) (View photos), 1/08 Maui Trip (View photos), 5/08 Rhapsody of the Seas Alaska (trip report, photos, Compasses/Menus/Other Info, review, review with pictures), 5/09 Serenade of the Seas Alaska (View Photos), 11/09 Radiance of the Seas Mexico (View Photos), Jewel of the Seas WB TA 09/10 (Review, View Photos), 8/11 Peru & Machu Picchu (View Photos), 8/12 Colombia (View Photos), 10/12 Jewel of the Seas Canada/New England (View Photos), 2012 Christmas Markets Salzburg/Munich (View Photos), 4/13 Jewel of the Seas Cozumel (View Photos), 8/13 Ghana (View Photos-Part 1 & Part 2), 11/13 Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean (Review, View Photos), 1/14 Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean (View Photos), 9/14 Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean (View Photos), 11/14 Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean (View Photos), 5/15 Jaco Beach, Costa Rica (View Photos), 6/15 AmaSerena Danube River (View Photos), 7/15 Majesty of the Seas Bahamas (View Photos), 8/15 Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean, 1/16 Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean, 11/16 Celebrity Silhouette WB TA, 1/17 Celebrity Infinity South America
Stafford, VA
1,089 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Wow...Radio....that's great...I have kept up with your posts before from the Grandeur...We have cruised the Grandeur before to the the Carib from Baltimore and we have another booked for next year to Bermuda for our DD's graduation (didn't want to spend money for airfare, hello, just being honest)...So I am very anxious to hear everything about this cruise....will be staying tuned...and I alreay know you provide awesome pictures and great info!!!! I am so happy to find this out!!! WOOOOHOOOO...enjoy your cruise tho....dammit
Southern New Jersey
2,149 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Radio:

Going on the Grandeur in Sept, we were on her last Sept and loved her. We have followed your "live" threads before and enjoyed them very much.

We are looking forward to your cruise as much as you are since you are posting..."live". You do have a way with words. We will be interested in reading your posts about the new terminal on how soon you can arrive, luggage drop offs and any info on handicapp parking.

We go to Bermuda every year and never tire of it's beauty. You are on a great ship going to a beautfiul port. You can count on us to be "cruzin the net" and tuning in with you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Fantasy 8/03, Sensation 10/03, Fantasy 12/03 , Glory 10/04 , Sunshine 10/16
RC Grandeur 09/05 and 09/06, Voyager 11/05, Explorer 10/06, 11/7, 10/08, and 10/13, Navigator 4/13, Serenade 4/15, Anthem of the Seas 12/6/18
Celebrity Zenith 5/05, Constellation 4/06, Summit 6/08, Mercury 11/09, Equinox 10/10, Silhouette 10/11, Eclipse 10/12, Constellation 11/13
NCL Norwegian Majesty 8/09

https://carnivalsunshinecanadacruise.shutterfly.com/
https://serenadeoftheseasnorthernta.shutterfly.com/
http://constellationtransatlantic.shutterfly.com/
http://celebrityeclipsetransatlantic.shutterfly.com/
http://celebritysilhouettecruise.shutterfly.com/
http://holylandandancientempiresvoyage.shutterfly.com/
http://bermudacruise2.shutterfly.com/
http://home.comcast.net/~optifire173/site/
http://navigatoroftheseastransatlantic.shutterfly.com/

Annapolis, Maryland
22,937 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Hey Radio, I'll be fishing for Rockfish near the Bay Bridge tomorrow (well, today) and will be giving you the Bon Voyage wave when you get there.

Have a great cruise!!!
Fred

Ps. can you ask the captain to rev the engines when he gets to the bridge... it might stir some fish off the bottom.. thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
Carnival Sunshine 12/31/17 (NYE)
Celebrity Summit: 3/29/18
Ruby Princess: 7/28/18
Harmony of the Seas: 8/25/18

Previous Cruises
Royal Caribbean:
Sovereign Class: Sovereign of the Seas (2x), Monarch of the Seas (2x), Majesty of the Seas
Vision Class: Enchantment of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas (2x), Rhapsody of the Seas
Radiance Class: Jewel of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas
Voyager Class: Adventure of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas (2x), Navigator if the Seas (2x), Voyager of the Seas
Freedom Class: Freedom of the Seas (3x), Liberty of the Seas
Oasis Class: Oasis of the Seas (5x), Allure of the Seas (5x)

Celebrity Cruises:
Galaxy
Solstice

Carnival Cruises:
Triumph
Pride
Dream

NCL:
Windward
VA
328 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Can't wait for your you LIVE updates Radio. Going in September, can't wait to hear what the new terminal is like.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NOT a member of the Royal Champions.

RCCL Grandeur - 5/04,9/06
NCL Norway 5/03
6,084 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Originally posted by The Grumpus
Hey Radio, I'll be fishing for Rockfish near the Bay Bridge tomorrow (well, today) and will be giving you the Bon Voyage wave when you get there.
Have a great cruise!!!
Fred
Ps. can you ask the captain to rev the engines when he gets to the bridge... it might stir some fish off the bottom.. thanks!
HaHa...Yeah , I'll ask him to do a "Crazy Ivan" when he gets to the Bridge

Radio
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon !

5 NEW Videos

*Oasis of the Seas 2017
*MSC Divina May 2016

Radio's Cruise Album
Ship Photos
Cabin Pics
Video's
Ports of Call
6,084 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
**UPDATE** new weather forecast for Bermuda... for Tues and Wed.

Climate data recorded Saturday, June 03, 2006, at the Bermuda International Airport

Tuesday -

Sunny breaks with patchy rain or showers... Winds south-southeasterly moderate... Low near 21°C/71°F, high near 24°C/76°F.
Wednesday -

Sunny breaks with isolated showers... Winds south-southeasterly moderate... Low near 21°C/71°F, high near 25°C/77°F.

It's beginning to look much better ! !

Radio

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon !

5 NEW Videos

*Oasis of the Seas 2017
*MSC Divina May 2016

Radio's Cruise Album
Ship Photos
Cabin Pics
Video's
Ports of Call
Nazareth, Pa.
2,401 Posts
Joined Feb 2001
Bon Voyage Radio - have a great cruise. Will be on the Grandeur in September and would appreciate any info on handicapped parking you may have. Hope things are going well with the new terminal.

We look forward to all your "Live" reports.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MaryLou
Wayne, NJ
3,212 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
Have a nice cruise! Looking forward to reading your reviews even though I won't be saling in that ship. I found your last review very entertaining
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
15 cruises and counting!!!

Southern, Eastern & Western Caribbean, Alaska, Bermuda, Canada/New England