Drydock Update to Owner's Suite on Sensation.. FANTASTIC!

Tom-n-Cheryl

We have stayed in these cabins a few times on different ships, before and after dry docks. Although we liked the updates on the Inspiration, I and others felt it fell short. I doubt that those same people will be able to find as much to say (critically speaking) about the changes made to the OS on the Sensation.

Carnival has, IMHO, hit a home run with this one! Up until the date of sail (3/26/09) it was not known if we would be in the starboard or port side (S1 or S2) due to some work still going on in S2 (our preference). As it turned out we were able to enjoy S2, and were the first people to sail in there since the modifications - breaking in the tub, shower, etc... From what I understand, S1 has been utilized a couple of times. S2 is not TOTALLY finished (no lamp over the dining room table, and no bed skirt on the bed). That mattered not, as we really enjoyed it!

Here are a few photos, with a lot more in our SmugMug link below.

501125863_NBxo8-L.jpg

501126245_UPFcC-L.jpg

501132795_sRtNq-L.jpg

501142272_giRPr-L.jpg

501142717_cnYkL-L.jpg

Before some of you (new to CC) ask about booking this cabin - that has all been covered in previous threads. Here are links:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=922389

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654231

Tom

It looks great, I have one booked

You'll love it!

I'l bet that made for some tough living that week Tom :eek: :D ? How is the motion in those Cabins ? Thanks for the great pics as always and welcome home..:)

Given that those suites are on Sports deck, when there is a lot of movement, it can be felt. We are pretty used to most motion at this point and this sailing, even with 20-25 knot winds most of the time, was rather smooth.

We might sneak in another quickie in June. Looking forward to our mini B2B in October - it will be nice NOT being kicked out of that cabin after the first leg but that much harder, I suspect, after the second!

Tom

Wow that is a lot nicer than the other remodeled ships. Maybe they will re-remodel the other ships they have already one.

I really wish they would have put theses on the Elation and Paradise and all of the Carnival fleet. At least there is something similar to it on the Liberty.

The only thing I don't like about the cabin is the balcony could be larger and it is partially obstructed.

Tom, beautiful pics in your smug mug album, thanks for sharing those. Did you bring your sirius radio on this trip? What kind of mp3 player is that plugged in?

We did bring our Sirius radio with us. I use my Creative ZEN mp3 player as a back-up (via the AUX-in) on the Sirius boom box when I don't have a signal. I feel like a FOOL, as I did not put 2 and 2 together and realize that my mp3 player could plug right into the Yahama "Digital Sound Projector" until the LAST afternoon!!!! :rolleyes: It, needless to say, had a bit more "depth" of sound than my portable boom box!! I will bring a LONG aux cable with us next time so that I can pump the Sirius headphone output straight into the Yahama.

By the way - there were Sony Blu-Ray players for both TV's as well.

Tom

I'm hoping for THAT for my October 22 sailing on the Ecstasy, Tom. They had already upgraded the sinks in the dressing area, installed new carpet and wallpaper, but maybe they'll do the rest when it's in drydock in Sept-Oct. I have the second sailing after drydock!!

Can't wait!!

BTW, ask Cheryl if I can borrow those shoes....:)

I'm hoping for THAT for my October 22 sailing on the Ecstasy, Tom. They had already upgraded the sinks in the dressing area, installed new carpet and wallpaper, but maybe they'll do the rest when it's in drydock in Sept-Oct. I have the second sailing after drydock!!

Can't wait!!

BTW, ask Cheryl if I can borrow those shoes....:)

Shoes, lol... that would be her "Beverly Feldman" pair. She even takes them in the original box w/packing material. Don't get between Cheryl and her shoes:D. (but she said you could borrow them :) )

Tom

I'm hoping for THAT for my October 22 sailing on the Ecstasy, Tom. They had already upgraded the sinks in the dressing area, installed new carpet and wallpaper, but maybe they'll do the rest when it's in drydock in Sept-Oct. I

:)

Sorry to get off topic - didn't know the Ecstacy drydock was finalized. I see they still have the old deck plans for sale. I wonder if its worth booking one of the OVs that will get a balcony slapped on it before its announced?

Can always change it later right?

Shoes, lol... that would be her "Beverly Feldman" pair. She even takes them in the original box w/packing material. Don't get between Cheryl and her shoes:D. (but she said you could borrow them :) )

Tom

We who appreciate fine shoes always keep them in their dust bags and boxes!

I'll bring along the Manolos and Louboutins, you take S2, I'll take S1, and Cheryl and I can have a shoe parade on the track! I have some vintage Manolos she'd drool over!

Sorry to get off topic - didn't know the Ecstacy drydock was finalized. I see they still have the old deck plans for sale. I wonder if its worth booking one of the OVs that will get a balcony slapped on it before its announced?

Can always change it later right?

It's scheduled for Sept and half of October! I sail on October 22 with my freak show.

I don't know if it's set that the balcony cabins will be added, but why not give it a try? As you say...you can change it later!!

What great pics....the suite is amazing! But, reallly how did you manage without the bedskirt.....LOL

THAT must explain why we did not sleep well! :eek:

In reality, the bed was VERY comfortable (it never hurts to bring along your own pillows)! Oddly, the only time I was aware of the MIA bed skirt was when we first entered the cabin, and when I had the camera in hand.

SEE YOU ON THE DREAM!!!

Tom

All I can say about that room is WOW!! I don't think I'd want to leave the room for anything. It's just absolutely beautiful. I (being a rookie) can only dream of a room like that for the time being. Like another poster said, I'll just take baby steps. Having 2 small children it can be a little rough dishing out big bucks like that. I figure just as long as I'm on the ship and not at work I'm happy. Heck I'd even sleep on a deck chair for a week if it meant I was on vacation!

Also I loved your pics in your smugmug. Especially the millitary ones.

Wow, that one looks great! Someday I want to book one of those.

I was thinking of trying to get one on the 22nd sailing with my friends, but I see you snatched them up already. :p Oh, well, some other time!

I don't know if it's set that the balcony cabins will be added, but why not give it a try? As you say...you can change it later!!

They do have post-10/17 deck plans on Carnival's site, so it looks like it's a done deal! However, some people have said they pulled the possible new balcony cabins from the booking pool so they don't get sold as OVs.

All I can say about that room is WOW!! I don't think I'd want to leave the room for anything. It's just absolutely beautiful. I (being a rookie) can only dream of a room like that for the time being. Like another poster said, I'll just take baby steps. Having 2 small children it can be a little rough dishing out big bucks like that. I figure just as long as I'm on the ship and not at work I'm happy. Heck I'd even sleep on a deck chair for a week if it meant I was on vacation!

Also I loved your pics in your smugmug. Especially the millitary ones.

Thanks for the photo compliments - it's a pleasure snapping those KODAK (ok, SONY) moments!!

What ship is that? That's not the Sensation is it?

Yes - that's the Sensation.

I emailed my booking contact (a friend) at Carnival yesterday and commented that it's GREAT to have ready access (20 miles from the port) to the BEST cabin in the fleet... and on a ship which is available for a quickie weekend!!

Tom

They do have post-10/17 deck plans on Carnival's site, so it looks like it's a done deal!

The post 10/17 deck plans show Serenity and the waterpark - but no new balcony cabins. :(

Any other Fantasy class scheduled for dry-dock between now and then?

Archived