Booking next cruise while on board.....

STEVE-O

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I'm a recent transplant from the RCCL boards......

Does Celebrity offer an OBC when you book your next cruise while on board? If so, should I a-s-s-u-m-e that the OBC is based on the length of the cruise booked....?

Thanks!.....

Steve=O

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I'm a recent transplant from the RCCL boards......

Does Celebrity offer an OBC when you book your next cruise while on board? If so, should I a-s-s-u-m-e that the OBC is based on the length of the cruise booked....?

Thanks!.....

Steve=O

Hi, you are assuming incorrectly....when you book a cruise while

you are on one?....the credit for that new cruise is based on

cabin category, not length of cruise.

About 2 or 3 years ago it was based on length..but they changed

it to cabin.....example, a balcony gets more credit than an inside.

I booked another cruise while onboard Solstice a few months ago and Celebrity offered OBC based on the COST of the cruise -- not the cabin category.

The credits were awarded as follows based on the total cruise cost:

$1-$2499 = $50 OBC

$2500-$3999 = $100 OBC

$4000-$5999 = $150 OBC

$6000-$7499 = $200 OBC

$7500+ = $300 OBC

(all OBCs above are per stateroom, not per passenger)

I seem to recall a recent post on here that Celebrity recently changed this so OBCs are now awarded on the LENGTH of cruise rather than the total cost. I did a brief search but couldn't find the post I was thinking of.

Hi, you are assuming incorrectly....when you book a cruise while

you are on one?....the credit for that new cruise is based on

cabin category, not length of cruise.

About 2 or 3 years ago it was based on length..but they changed

it to cabin.....example, a balcony gets more credit than an inside.

Hi Lois !

I may be wrong about this, but some recent passengers have reported that Celebrity has reinstated the old method, where you can book a Cruise and the OB credit is based on the # of days sailing. As previous, you must choose a specific sail date & cabin, and pay the full deposit. In addition, they are still offering Celebrity Passages, where you pay a smaller deposit, and can book at a later date. The funny thing is, this is exactly what I suggested that Celebrity should do.... only 2 years ago :)

The caveat is, you still cannot combine any of the above with Shareholder Credits, so for those who own RCCL shares, there is no compelling reason to book in advance. If only Celebrity would allow the combining of Shareholder and Onboard Booking Credits (as they previously did), it would go a long way towards getting Shareholders to book onboard. Interestingly, I read that Carnival now allows these types of combinations, and it would be great if Celebrity did the same.... though I doubt Celebrity will reinstate this policy.

Hopefully, recent Celebrity passengers can confirm if Celebrity is offering both booking options onboard.

TA just sent final payment notice for my December Equinox cruise that was booked last Dec. while on Solstice. The OBC is $100.00 and based on cruise cost, not cabin. I'm in a AQ cabin. Fortunately I booked prior to December 31, 2008 so I will also get stockholder credit one last time(unless they bring it back).

Hi Lois !

I may be wrong about this, but some recent passengers have reported that Celebrity has reinstated the old method, where you can book a Cruise and the OB credit is based on the # of days sailing. As previous, you must choose a specific sail date & cabin, and pay the full deposit. In addition, they are still offering Celebrity Passages, where you pay a smaller deposit, and can book at a later date. The funny thing is, this is exactly what I suggested that Celebrity should do.... only 2 years ago :)

The caveat is, you still cannot combine any of the above with Shareholder Credits, so for those who own RCCL shares, there is no compelling reason to book in advance. If only Celebrity would allow the combining of Shareholder and Onboard Booking Credits (as they previously did), it would go a long way towards getting Shareholders to book onboard. Interestingly, I read that Carnival now allows these types of combinations, and it would be great if Celebrity did the same.... though I doubt Celebrity will reinstate this policy.

Hopefully, recent Celebrity passengers can confirm if Celebrity is offering both booking options onboard.

Hi Andy,:). I will be on Mercury this Sunday and if I decide

to put a deposit down on something for 2010 I will let you know

what they tell me.

I booked another cruise while onboard Solstice a few months ago and Celebrity offered OBC based on the COST of the cruise -- not the cabin category.

The credits were awarded as follows based on the total cruise cost:

$1-$2499 = $50 OBC

$2500-$3999 = $100 OBC

$4000-$5999 = $150 OBC

$6000-$7499 = $200 OBC

$7500+ = $300 OBC

(all OBCs above are per stateroom, not per passenger)

I seem to recall a recent post on here that Celebrity recently changed this so OBCs are now awarded on the LENGTH of cruise rather than the total cost. I did a brief search but couldn't find the post I was thinking of.

Is the OBC amount based on the cruise you're on at that moment or the cruise you're booking?

....Fortunately I booked prior to December 31, 2008 so I will also get stockholder credit one last time(unless they bring it back).

Not sure what your reference to prior to 31 Dec 08 means. We are getting credit on our next two cruises and the one we just booked for next year.

According to the RCL website http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/10/103045/ShareholderBenefitLetter2.pdf

You get OBC if you own 100 or more shares that you must hold to at least the time of sailing.

Someone once mentioned a change in the program. What was it before 31 Dec 08?

Denny

Thinking of booking a 15 nts TA for Oct 2010.

Not sure if we should wait till we board our upcoming cruise on Solstice to E. Med in 6 weeks and book it directly with Celebrity or just reserve it now with our TA?

Will the deposit be less than $900 if we make the reservation directly with Celebrity on board?

If we reserve it on board and get the Celebrity OBC, and then transfer the reservation to our TA later, will we get the TA's OBC in addition? Right now, our TA is offering $200 OBC for a C3 cabin.

Thinking of booking a 15 nts TA for Oct 2010.

Not sure if we should wait till we board our upcoming cruise on Solstice to E. Med in 6 weeks and book it directly with Celebrity or just reserve it now with our TA?

Will the deposit be less than $900 if we make the reservation directly with Celebrity on board?

If we reserve it on board and get the Celebrity OBC, and then transfer the reservation to our TA later, will we get the TA's OBC in addition? Right now, our TA is offering $200 OBC for a C3 cabin.

Yes, I just transferred my reservation that I booked onboard to a TA and was able to combine the OBC I received from Celebrity for booking onboard with the OBC my TA offered.

As for a deposit, when I booked onboard the last time Celebrity offered a deposit reduced by 50% of a normal deposit. In my case, the deposit would have been $900 but booking onboard meant I had to pay $450.

Just sailed on the Solstice in July 2009. Booked a future 14 day cruise while on board. Paid only a $100.00 per person deposit and received a $300.00 OBC per cabin. Not able to combine with shareholder's credit. Can also leave the $100.00 per person depsit on a future cruise , to be specified at a later date, and would receive an OBC based on the number of days of the future cruise.

If you wait to book while on a cruise, you take the chance that the rate may increase , or a specific cabin may not be available.

Hope this helps.

Hi Andy,:). I will be on Mercury this Sunday and if I decide

to put a deposit down on something for 2010 I will let you know

what they tell me.

Hi Lois !

How are you ? I hope all is well. I look forward to your update. Have a wonderful time on Mercury. I really miss sailing on her. Bon Voyage !

I may be wrong about this, but some recent passengers have reported that Celebrity has reinstated the old method, where you can book a Cruise and the OB credit is based on the # of days sailing.

Hello Andy, nice to see you posting, and you are correct. :)

Hello Andy, nice to see you posting, and you are correct. :)

Thanks Ed. You know I love posting on here, but work has been incredibly busy. I'm working 16-20 hour days again, plus keeping an eye on all of my boards on CC. I'm going to try my best to post more.

One good piece of news. I finally know what my next Cruise will be. I'm sailing on Constellation on 11/9. 13 night Caribbean. We made Final Payment yesterday. I can't wait !

Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it.

As for a deposit, when I booked onboard the last time Celebrity offered a deposit reduced by 50% of a normal deposit. In my case, the deposit would have been $900 but booking onboard meant I had to pay $450.

Could you have booked onboard during a time when Celebrity had their 50% deposit special going on? They ran a couple of those reduced deposit specials over the past year.

I thought that if you book onboard for a specific cruise, you have to put the normal deposit for the cruise - the same amount that is required for that cruise at that time.

I know that they offered a future cruise booking which was a minimal deposit for a cruise to be determined later. Don't know if they still do that.

Could you have booked onboard during a time when Celebrity had their 50% deposit special going on? They ran a couple of those reduced deposit specials over the past year.

I thought that if you book onboard for a specific cruise, you have to put the normal deposit for the cruise - the same amount that is required for that cruise at that time.

I know that they offered a future cruise booking which was a minimal deposit for a cruise to be determined later. Don't know if they still do that.

Nope -- booked onboard for a specific cruise and no "normal" deposit required; deposit was reduced by 50%. See another's post above who said their deposit was only $100.

Celebrity changed their on-board booking in April 2009. It is only a $100 per person deposit, regardless of the length of the cruise. Onboard credit is now:

$50 for 3-5 nights

$100 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-13 nights

$300 for 14+ nights

The reduced deposit was what got us to book onboard in May (we get the shareholder credit which is no longer combinable). I hate shelling out a $900 deposit for a cruise that is over a year away.

Celebrity changed their on-board booking in April 2009. It is only a $100 per person deposit, regardless of the length of the cruise. Onboard credit is now:

$50 for 3-5 nights

$100 for 6-9 nights

$200 for 10-13 nights

$300 for 14+ nights

The reduced deposit was what got us to book onboard in May (we get the shareholder credit which is no longer combinable). I hate shelling out a $900 deposit for a cruise that is over a year away.

I thought the 100.00 is for "Celebrity Passages":eek::confused:...I have given

100 bucks but it was never for a full deposit and I sailed in

April too:D

Archived