Trivia Games?

ruby2sday13

A couple of trivia tournament fans here, going on our first cruise (Carnival Freedom) next January. I have read so much about the various trivia games that are held throughout the cruise, and will probably want to take part in a couple of games. Can someone tell me how these games are played? Are the questions read out loud by the game host, or are they displayed on a TV screen? Do you write the answers down, or shout them out? About how many questions are asked in a typical game? Do they only give a prize to the first place winner? Thanks for your help.

A couple of trivia tournament fans here, going on our first cruise (Carnival Freedom) next January. I have read so much about the various trivia games that are held throughout the cruise, and will probably want to take part in a couple of games. Can someone tell me how these games are played?

Are the questions read out loud by the game host, or are they displayed on a TV screen? Yes (both ways)

Do you write the answers down, or shout them out? Write them out but you grade yourself.

About how many questions are asked in a typical game? 20 to 30

Do they only give a prize to the first place winner? Ship on a Stick.

Thanks for your help.

mapsmith

We were on the Freedom Last January. They do play a lot of Trivia..and have a great, funny staff. Some of the Trivia..early morning is serious..competition is stiff. The afternoon trivia gets silly sometimes..but still fun. There is NO Sports Trivia on the Freedom..while on the Glory..they had it every day..and it made my husband's cruise. He paired up with an engineer..and they just did awesome. He won some sticks on a ship..which he still has...

I hope the Miracle has Trivia. We are not scheduled to sail until the fall of 2010..but I have been reading reviews...and have seen nothing about that. I do hope they have Sports Trivia for my husband..and the barful of guys and gals..who showed up every afternoon at four.

You will love your Freedom Cruise. Order the Cappucino Pie..if they have that one night..I never hear of anyone bragging on it..and I thought it was heavenly..and on American Day at lunch...in the buffet..the chicken is fried..and delicious. I don't know why they don't put it on the dinner menu..everyone in there was lined up for it. I am ashamed to say..I ate a plateful of just chicken.

See the "Ticket to Ride" show if they still have. My husband..who is not a show person..saw it..and even said nice things about it. It is wonderful.

A couple of trivia tournament fans here, going on our first cruise (Carnival Freedom) next January. I have read so much about the various trivia games that are held throughout the cruise, and will probably want to take part in a couple of games. Can someone tell me how these games are played? Are the questions read out loud by the game host, or are they displayed on a TV screen? Do you write the answers down, or shout them out? About how many questions are asked in a typical game? Do they only give a prize to the first place winner? Thanks for your help.

DW and I were on the Victory week before last and play "Is it that easy trivia". I cam in last place and got a medal to try harder for the next time. :cool:

playing Trivia..some for bingo balls..this last week for winning the buzzer game. The morning Trivia..is in Cappacinos..bigger later afternoon is in the Americana..sometimes by the pool..where I won a shout out one by the pool..b4 we even left port.keep up with Capers

I hope the Miracle has Trivia. We are not scheduled to sail until the fall of 2010..but I have been reading reviews...and have seen nothing about that. I do hope they have Sports Trivia for my husband..and the barful of guys and gals..who showed up every afternoon at four.

There was lots of trivia on our Miracle cruise in July. I won the ship on a stick for "Funship Trivia.":D There was sports trivia at least several times on our cruise.

Usually 20 question games and they give you a slip of paper to write out the answers.

Sometimes the host will read the question and sometimes it will be based on a movie clip shown on a screen and than the host will read the question.

Usually one pirize the ship on the stick unless a tie and than they cut the ship in pieces (just joking).

The LEgend was the first time I played trivia. I only went to Movie themes and TV themes. I did SO BADLY! But it was fun. We all wrote our answers on a piece of paper. I came in dead last one time, but there was no award :( There was a sports trivia that I tried to get DH to do with me, but we were pretty hopeless.

I love to play all the trivia games. Each ship does things a little differently. It all depends on the Cruise Director. I've seen slide show trivia where things were shown on the big screen, picture trivia where you had to look at clipped pictures, trivia where they read the questions and give you multiple choices, etc.

All of the games are fun. I always think I'm smarter than I really am.:rolleyes:

... There is NO Sports Trivia on the Freedom..while on the Glory..they had it every day..and it made my husband's cruise. He paired up with an engineer..and they just did awesome. He won some sticks on a ship..which he still has......

When were you and your husband on the Glory? New Years 2008-2009? ;):)

DW and I were on the Victory week before last and play "Is it that easy trivia". I cam in last place and got a medal to try harder for the next time. :cool:

Oh I love your humor!! And that is what makes Trivia so much fun..the people playing usually have great senses of humor!

One time...at the big Trivia game they sometimes do on the first night on the ship in the Theater...I won a bottle of Campagne!!

If you are pretty good at trivia, you'll find it pretty easy to win. At least if you're sober. The questions aren't that hard. You might win several times over the course of the cruise.

In fact, I out thought myself on one question during my most recent cruise. They asked what the first satellite of earth was. I thought it was a trick question because they didn't say the first artificial (man-made) satellite. I thought they were trying to get you to say "Sputnik" and then tell you the right answer was the moon, a natural satellite.

No, they weren't that sophisticated. They were looking for Sputnik so I got it wrong.

(Call it sour grapes on my part, but I still maintain I was right and they were wrong)

If you are pretty good at trivia, you'll find it pretty easy to win. At least if you're sober. The questions aren't that hard. You might win several times over the course of the cruise.

In fact, I out thought myself on one question during my most recent cruise. They asked what the first satellite of earth was. I thought it was a trick question because they didn't say the first artificial (man-made) satellite. I thought they were trying to get you to say "Sputnik" and then tell you the right answer was the moon, a natural satellite.

No, they weren't that sophisticated. They were looking for Sputnik so I got it wrong.

(Call it sour grapes on my part, but I still maintain I was right and they were wrong)

Hah! You're like me - I would argue that as well. The moon was the first satellite...you were robbed!

We are regular trivia nuts...and we'll be at most of the trivia games when we sail on the Freedom as long as it doesn't interfere with dinner... We do have our priorities!! :p

We won our trophy on general knowledge. We had a 3 way tie so we had to guess the asst cruise directors age (24, Matt on Pride for any of you sailing her LOL).

We really enjoyed the brain teaser trivia they did one of the last nights. Ones you had to think of because the answer might seem obvious but it isn't. Like "what can you put in a bucket permanently that doesn't add any weight but can always be seen?" or "A man leaves home, makes 3 left turns and comes back home to see 2 men in masks. Why didn't he call the police?"

The Trivia games are held in different lounge areas. They give you paper and pencil.

There are usually 10 questions. You write the answers down. The host then reads answers.

The one with the most answers wins a little prize. It is a fun thing to do, but so much activity going on all the time, you miss a trivia game now and then.

Have a great time

Sherry

I'm also one of those that overthink answers - we were in the finals of 60s and 70s television trivia - the question was "Who played Samantha's evil twin cousin on Bewitched?" The answer is Elizabeth Montgomery - but technically the credits of the show list "..and Pandora Spocks as Serena" So I answered Pandora Spocks - WRONG!! I protested - DENIED!! The team was not happy with me (all this for a plastic ship on a stick)

I go to as many as I can. On Inspiration they had several every day. Some of them were scavenger hunts. You had to bring things back or take pictures of things to bring back. Had to run all over the ship!

I'd met a CC couple and they both played. I told him the answer to the Famous Faces face he might not recognize and he still missed it!

The Genius Test is a lot of fun. They also did a picto-gram thing. You'd get a word or two and someone had to draw it and the team guess what it was. Some people can't draw! I know I can't so I never offered. The people who did usually did a great job. For Bill Clinton one guy drew a cigar. No one got that one.

On Glory we played TV theme song trivia; there was an audio clip played of the themes; but we didn't do too well. We also played advertisement slogan trivia but missed on winning. Then we played rock and roll trivia and got every question right, thanks to DH:D. However, no ship on a stick for us, our prize was a Carnival medal on a ribbon (a ship's prow and "Carnival" engraved on the front and "Fun for all. All for fun" on the back on a red, white and blue ribbon). The 3 of us playing each got one and it's nice, but we really wanted that ship.:rolleyes:

Heather

My wife has won the trivia contest the last 2 years in a row! She laughes and says I just wanted to play the newly wed game but because she wins the game before that she(we) never get picked... (:

One was the sex and love triva game? ....hum...

Archived