Haven't Cruised All Year

C 2 C

Happy New Year...HAL cruisers

We have now cruised ZERO times all year.... no bragging rights, no wonderful memories of places I haven't been to..

Let the race begin... who's going first?

I`m going on my 1,063rd cruise tomorrow.

Very much looking forward to it now that the holidays are behind us.

Let's see... at $2,OOO a cruise that's over $2,000,000... ;)

On what type of cruise ship do you work?

Guess we won't be first, we don't sail until March 6th! No problem finding something to do around here until we sail, the weeds have grown tremendously since our Hawaii cruise, so lots of yard work to do! All that California rain , then the sunshine in between showers has made the weeds go crazy!

:) wait i am a winner after all................. i am going on a cruise..bought and paid for...we sail on caribbean princess feb 5th 2005 woohooooo.....this will be our first on princess,. i can't wait!! going with my blue eyes (my fiance dan ):D we are in mini suite 628 was thinking of going for the vista suite but ended up with just a minisuite :( oh well will have to make do i guess lol.......hope everyone had wonderful holidays.....i am nursing a hangover today....

Sailing on the Conquest out of New Orleans January 30. Love New Orleans and can easily drive to the port. Besides, it's almost cheaper than staying home!

14 day'er on the Vendam November 26.

I'm at the beginning of the line and the middle. I leave on my NCL cruise in 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then I cruise on HAL in May. If thing go as we expect, I will also be sailing in September, but I will keep you updated. For now I am so excited for what is going to occur in 6 days. I pulled out the suitcases today and pissed off the cats.

Jan 15 th Veendam ghost cruise..

C 2 C .... Looking forward to the Veendam cruise on January 15th as well.

The ship is full ... just not many CC members! Finally, last Thrusday our friends who have been on the wait list for this cruise for a very long time GAVE UP and have booked another ship.

We're leaving on the 14th for Tampa -- can't wait!

Hopefully, we'll meet on the ship!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Feb 5, Oosterdam. Mexico! :)

Looking forward ... getting excited ... can't believe it's just a month and a couple of days away!!!!

I didn't think I would be looking forward to getting away THIS soon after my 21 day cruise on the Zaandam last Fall, but I am. It's been a busy few months -- All Hallows Eve, Thanksgiving, Annual Congregational Business Meeting (in the UMC called a "Charge Conference"), Advent, Christmas, New Years ... I'm tired! And ... I only have a month to wait! Yippie! Already pulling out my bags and trying to think about what I'm going to wear.

Wow, trying to decide what to take for just 7 days is HARD. I've not had to do it in a while.

You January 15th Veendamers have a great time. Take a coat. It may be cold in Tampa, but a couple of days later, things should be balmy!

DFD1 .... THANKS! Know you'll be cruising on Veendam later in the year. We'll post a review when we return!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Feb 5, Oosterdam. Mexico! :)

Looking forward ... getting excited ... can't believe it's just a month and a couple of days away!!!!

I didn't think I would be looking forward to getting away THIS soon after my 21 day cruise on the Zaandam last Fall, but I am. It's been a busy few months -- All Hallows Eve, Thanksgiving, Annual Congregational Business Meeting (in the UMC called a "Charge Conference"), Advent, Christmas, New Years ... I'm tired! And ... I only have a month to wait! Yippie! Already pulling out my bags and trying to think about what I'm going to wear.

Wow, trying to decide what to take for just 7 days is HARD. I've not had to do it in a while.

Really looking forward to your review Rev. Will be doing the same cruise next October! :)

hi colorado julie! i almost choked on my coffee when reading your post :eek: i got to what you said about the cats hee...hee...lol......i have two 5 year old female bob tail bengal cats......named lilly and sumner :) and oh it is sad whenever i lug out the suitcases lol...instantly they no dan and i are going away...they get real big eyes and the attitudes change instantly!! they get real quiet...we are going on the caribbean princess this feb 5th and will have to leave them for 11 days........not sure i will make it!! but feel good knowing our friends will be able to watch them :) also one of the best things about going on a cruise is knowing you already have another one planned :) my fiance and i did 4 last year rccl...voyager of the seas..navigator of the seas....adventure of the seas and carnivals conquest......ah what a wonderful year that was.....have a blast on your cruise................................cruiseaholic...........stephanie

also one of the best things about going on a cruise is knowing you already have another one planned :) my fiance and i did 4 last year rccl...voyager of the seas..navigator of the seas....adventure of the seas and carnivals conquest......ah what a wonderful year that was.....have a blast on your cruise................................cruiseaholic...........stephanie

Hi fellow cruisenut....

1) How do you rank Carnival compared to your RCL cruises?

2) Are you aware of the credit you receive if you own RCL stock?.. if you cruise a lot it's worth at least a $100 a cruise...

3) do you book onboard for the extra savings?

... for a 2 week cruise you would get $200 + $250 per cabin... (2) + (3) above...

Just wait until you retire... then you'll really take cruising seriously..... :D

:D hmmm how would i rate carnival to rccl? my first cruise was with carnival in feb 2001 on the destiny.....2002 did carnivals spirit...........2003 went on to rccl navigator of the seas followed by voyager of the seas followed by adventure of the seas and then back to carnival with the conquest.and i have my first princess booked on feb 5th for the caribbean princess :) i think i am a very easy to please person......so it would take a lot for me to get upset.i prefer the big big megaliners.......i am awed at each new one i see or go on.i love people and the more the merrier for me!! i dont mind crowds and when i board i make all reservations right away! often make reservations that i end up cancelling because we meet people and end up doing something else:) i have met crew members on carnival of which i partied with on ship and off......this has not happened yet with rccl........one of the differences i think i did see was rccl spent a lot of time keeping there ships spotless and i think the captain on rcc's adventure of the ses was the best.he kept the ship absolutely spotless!! he also told parents via intercom to have all children in cabins by think 11:00pm unless acompanied by an adult.i like the look of the rccl ships better and was amased i was able to teach my 10 year old daughter how to ice skate on a ship in the middle of the caribbean!!! i found i enjoyed the entertainment equally on both lines......and as far as the food goes i had everything from specialty restaurants to having a slice of pizza and to be honest i did not notice much difference........i guess if i had a complaint it would come from only two people i can think of and they were the matre'ds on the spirit down right rude...and did not receive a tip from me.......i love to dance and that is a big point with me!!! i enjoyed the discos on all ships....some played to much rap or hip hop for my liking as i like dance and top fourty but i managed :) both carnival and royal have saltwater pools and i prefer fresh water so i am looking forward to princess as theirs are fresh water:) i have smuggled alcohol onto each and every ship never had a problem.....as i like my martinis and is wonderful to help offset our bar tab! i have only gambled a few times on any of the ships and remember losing money on all of them.on rccl they broadcast info right into your room and i'd rather they didnt.....on the conquest it was out in the hallways which i prefer.i started with an inside cabin on the destiny then moved up to a balcony on the spirit and then went up from there as in cat b suites a suites owners suites and so on.i really enjoyed the promenades on the voyager class ships long and lots to see and do.......i can honestly say i dont see much in the way of differences between the two......lots of good points and a few bad points with both lines.........not sure if this helps .......cruisaholic stephanie

hmmmm will have to look into this rccl stock thing :) and yes i have booked on board...we were on the navigator of the seas(nos) and booked the voyager of the seas (vos) from it....was great to talk personally with rcc and pick a cabin of our choice that may not have been available to other people...was an aft cat c suite on the voyager of the seas(vos)......then when on voyager we booked the royal suite on the adventure of the seas(aos) have had wonderful experiences booking on board....one time on rccl ship we did one of those timesharing meetings that the ship was offering and ended up comping a free party from it that had open bar for an hour!! woohoo....drink up :D have not booked on board from carnival though ......................stephanie

Thanks for the comparison...

We have cruised a lot on Celebrity, HAL, and Princess.. only three times on RCL, 1 one NCL and never on Carnival...

We prefer longer cruises and Carnival concentrates on 7 days..

I'm hearing more positive comments about Carnival.... compared to 90% negative in the past...Will have to try them eventually...

Archived