Our First Hump Cabin!!

Hi.. DH and I just booked a hump cabin (7604) on Radiance of the Seas for a 10 day Mexican Riviera for April 23, 2010! I'm so excited. I've only had a balcony cabin once in 6 cruises.. and now a hump! Plus couldn't resist the prices of a 10 day Mexican Riviera!

Hi.. DH and I just booked a hump cabin (7604) on Radiance of the Seas for a 10 day Mexican Riviera for April 23, 2010! I'm so excited. I've only had a balcony cabin once in 6 cruises.. and now a hump! Plus couldn't resist the prices of a 10 day Mexican Riviera!

You'll love it! I had my first hump cabin on Mariner last month and loved it. The balcony itself wasn't much (if any) larger but there was extra space in the cabin by the sliding door which was lovely. I'm totally sold on hump cabins for the future.

Enjoy your cruise!

You'll love it! I had my first hump cabin on Mariner last month and loved it. The balcony itself wasn't much (if any) larger but there was extra space in the cabin by the sliding door which was lovely. I'm totally sold on hump cabins for the future.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ditto for us:D We experienced our first hump cabin last June on Mariner. LOVED it! In fact, we loved it so much, we have reserved the same hump cabin on Mariner for our next April cruise. LOVED the Mariner too!:p

Had a similar hump cabin on Serenade for our recent Alaska cruise. It was great...The balcony was big enough to square dance on! You'll love it - Only one problem....You'll be spoiled for any other kind of balcony for the rest of your life!

I realized yesterday that the hump cabin is the official term for it.

It is the area of the ship that bows out further than other cabins.

We got ours yesterday for VOS in Feb. & I'm excited. It will also be our first balcony.

My mind went in completely the wrong direction -- can someone please explain what a hump cabin is?

LOL!

jester121 - I have never heard of a hump cabin either and am looking forward to a description

Hump cabins are in the middle of the ship. The middle hump cabin balcony allows you to see all the way forward and all the way aft. Hump cabins have larger balconies or larger cabin space. Being in the middle of the ship they are also excellent for people who suffer from motion sickness, too.:)

It is our first cruise, and I was able to get a hump cabin as well (just changed my reservation yesterday) and I'm so glad after reading things on this site. I am worried about motion sickness and also just want more room.

My mom says though that I'll be spoiled now for the rest of our cruises, starting out with a great room!

LOL!

Hump cabins are in the middle of the ship. The middle hump cabin balcony allows you to see all the way forward and all the way aft. Hump cabins have larger balconies or larger cabin space. Being in the middle of the ship they are also excellent for people who suffer from motion sickness, too.:)

This is not entirely accurate...some hump cabins have larger balconies (usually those on the ends of the humps, but only on Radiance class ships). Voyager and Freedom class hump balconies are not larger than non-hump balconies. Also, hump cabins are the same size as any other cabin in that category. You are definitely correct about the view from the middle hump cabins and they are in an excellent location for those who may be prone to sea-sickness.

This is not entirely accurate...some hump cabins have larger balconies (usually those on the ends of the humps, but only on Radiance class ships). Voyager and Freedom class hump balconies are not larger than non-hump balconies. Also, hump cabins are the same size as any other cabin in that category. You are definitely correct about the view from the middle hump cabins and they are in an excellent location for those who may be prone to sea-sickness.

My Mariner hump cabin did have more cabin space because there is a wedge of extra space between the bed and the balcony--picture below. The ladies in the next cabin had even more extra cabin space. I haven't sailed on a Radiance class ship yet but am booked for Radiance in Oct and Jewel in Nov. Other CCers have told me they had the same hump cabins I've booked for these cruises and the balconies are larger, I hope they are right.:)

HumpCabinonMariner.jpg?t=1252534051

My Mariner hump cabin did have more cabin space because there is a wedge of extra space between the bed and the balcony--picture below. The ladies in the next cabin had even more extra cabin space. I haven't sailed on a Radiance class ship yet but am booked for Radiance in Oct and Jewel in Nov. Other CCers have told me they had the same hump cabins I've booked for these cruises and the balconies are larger, I hope they are right.:)

HumpCabinonMariner.jpg?t=1252534051

I stand corrected! Not a whole lot of extra space, but in ship cabins, every inch counts!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Here's an exterior view of the "hump" cabins on Radiance class. Your cabin is 3 to the left of the cabin with the light on.

JewelHumpBalcony.jpg

Wow... I'm the OP and thankyou so much for all of your positive replies! And thankyou Suzyloves2cruise for such a GREAT PIC! I'm just afraid I'm going to get horribly spoiled!!

Yes.............you will be spoiled. But it's OK........you deserve it! :)

So what is that structure on deck 10 hump? Part of Royal Suite or Concierge Lounge?

That's the Royal Suite............the Concierge Lounge is on the opposite side of the ship.

Archived