I found te best Fish & Chips in London! yeah!

Natasha708

After much research we finally got it right. Our London cab driver took us to the place the cabbies go to. They are lined up for a few blocks.

This place was fantastic!

It's called Masters Super Fish

Address 191 Waterloo Road

London

SE1 8uX

tel 020 7928 6924

All I can say is the traditional cod fillet platter was 25 GBP and was well worth it. My husband got the superbites.. Huss haddock & plaice.. all with fresh " chips" which are wonderful! They also put pickles & onions on the table before our meal came out.

Hope this helps! Enjoy!

What??? 25 pounds for Fish and chips. WOW. That's over $40 for Fish and Chips. sorry, but I don't care how good it was, for that much money, I can sit down and have a pretty decent regular meal.

Did they serve it on a Gold Plate?????????/

OMG! I'm so sorry. That was a typo. It's 7.25 LOL So sorry once again! Please let me know if you try the place. Yummmmy!

I eat at Masters regularly but Faulkners of Kingsland road Dalston is definately the best fish and chip restaurant in London,although a bit far east of central London.

That's what we also liked. Masters is right off the waterloo (metro) tube. Very easy. Maybe a 2 block walk.

Hi

I work in London, and many of us from the office use this place:

http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Restaurant/Rock__Sole_Plaice/8715/

It is about 5-10 minutes walk from Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Trafalgar Square, so it is really central. The price for takeaway (so you can wander 'round eating your supper, looking at the lovely Covent Garden!) is around £5-6 for fish and chips, or around £2 for a bag of homemade English chips, cut fresh from whole potatoes!

It has been there years, I first went about 20 years ago, and can highly recommend. They also have a restaurant where you can sit in and eat.

I posted the link in my last message, just to give folks directions.I just looked at the link and see the reviewer is not very complimentary. You can ignore the review. My boss came back to work today from his lunch break, carrying a parcel of chips. We all dug in, and they were superb! (The office now smells of salt and vinegar - :-)

Hi

I work in London, and many of us from the office use this place:

http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Restaurant/Rock__Sole_Plaice/8715/

It is about 5-10 minutes walk from Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Trafalgar Square, so it is really central. The price for takeaway (so you can wander 'round eating your supper, looking at the lovely Covent Garden!) is around £5-6 for fish and chips, or around £2 for a bag of homemade English chips, cut fresh from whole potatoes!

It has been there years, I first went about 20 years ago, and can highly recommend. They also have a restaurant where you can sit in and eat.

We will be staying in the Victoria area near the Palace. Is there a fish & chip place that you would recommend.

• 2 years later...

The Following Fish and Chips shops are in central London. Information is, as far as I know, accurate.

FISH BONE, 82 Cleveland Street, W1T 6NF. 0207 580 2672 (nearest tube Great Portland Street or Warren St). Not open Sunday.

FISH CENTRAL 149 – 151 Central Street, EC1V 8AP. 0207 253 4970 (nearest tube – Old St). Not open Sunday http://fishcentral.co.uk/

FISHCOTEQUE, 79a Waterloo Road, SE1 8UD (nearest tube Waterloo). 0207 928 1484 Open everyday

FRYERS DELIGHT, 19 Theobalds Road, WC1X 8SL (Holborn Tube). 0207 405 4114 Not open Sunday

GOLDEN HIND, 73 Marylebone Lane, W1U 2PN. (Bond Street Tube). 0207 486 3644 Not open Sunday.

NORTH SEA FISH RESTAURANT – 7-8 Leigh Street, WC1H 9EW (Russel square or Kings Cross Tube). 0207 387 5892 Not open Sunday

ROCK AND SOLE PLAICE, 47 Endell Street, WC2H 9AJ. (Covent garden Tube). 0207 836 3785 Open every day.

SEAFRESH FISH RESTAURANT – 80-81 Wilton Road, SW1V 1DL. (Victoria Tube). 0207 828 0747. Not open Sundays

SEA SHELL 49-51 Lisson Grove, NW1 6UH. (Marylebone Tube) 0207 224 9000. Not open Sunday

For other fish restaurants go to TIME OUT

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/

Do the places that specialize in "fish and chips" serve anything else? I do not like fish but I want to experience the atmosphere of that type of restaurant.

We are going to be in London the first week of November and have tickets for the Noel Coward theatre to see "Million Dollar Quartet". Where is a good place to eat in that area? You mentioned Trafalgar square - Is it nearby? Of course I could check a map but it is so much easier to ask someone who knows:confused:.

Archived