I found te best Fish & Chips in London! yeah!

Natasha708

Do the places that specialize in "fish and chips" serve anything else? I do not like fish but I want to experience the atmosphere of that type of restaurant.

We are going to be in London the first week of November and have tickets for the Noel Coward theatre to see "Million Dollar Quartet". Where is a good place to eat in that area? You mentioned Trafalgar square - Is it nearby? Of course I could check a map but it is so much easier to ask someone who knows:confused:.

http://www.seafresh-dining.com/menu.html

click on the link. the sea fresh near victoria station has many things on the menu. fish, salad & sticky toffee pudding were excellent

If you are looking at 'ordinary' chippies - they do sausages (with or without batter), saveloys (don't ask!), chicken, spare ribs (Mmmmm) and maybe burgers etc.. There is plenty for non fish eaters to get their cholesterol levels up.

Large Ribs - half now - half for breakfast - food of the gods!

We are going to be in London the first week of November and have tickets for the Noel Coward theatre to see "Million Dollar Quartet". Where is a good place to eat in that area? You mentioned Trafalgar square - Is it nearby?
Yes, but if you're thinking about Trafalgar Square in the context of Rock and Sole Plaice, they're pretty much in opposite directions from the theatre. See this map for a suggested walking route.

Otherwise, there's a good couple of hundred places to eat within a few minutes walk of the theatre. Narrowing down the choices (eg what type of food) might make it easier to come up with some suggestions.

Do the places that specialize in "fish and chips" serve anything else? I do not like fish but I want to experience the atmosphere of that type of restaurant.

We are going to be in London the first week of November and have tickets for the Noel Coward theatre to see "Million Dollar Quartet". Where is a good place to eat in that area? You mentioned Trafalgar square - Is it nearby? Of course I could check a map but it is so much easier to ask someone who knows:confused:.

This place was fantastic!

It's called Masters Super Fish

Address 191 Waterloo Road

London

SE1 8uX

tel 020 7928 6924

Yes, they had a full menu. Such a GREAT place. Off the waterloo tube stop.

I'm looking for a restaurant that's reasonably priced within walking distance of the Grosvenor House on Park Lane. We got a good deal on the hotel, but the in-house restaurant's seem very expensive.

• 1 month later...
I'm looking for a restaurant that's reasonably priced within walking distance of the Grosvenor House on Park Lane. We got a good deal on the hotel, but the in-house restaurant's seem very expensive.

First time we stayed at Grosvenor House we ate at Audley House (?--think that was the name?) on Audley street. It was a pub with "restaurant" upstairs. It was good and more reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I work in London, and many of us from the office use this place:

http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Restaurant/Rock__Sole_Plaice/8715/

It is about 5-10 minutes walk from Covent Garden/Leicester Square/Trafalgar Square, so it is really central. The price for takeaway (so you can wander 'round eating your supper, looking at the lovely Covent Garden!) is around £5-6 for fish and chips, or around £2 for a bag of homemade English chips, cut fresh from whole potatoes!

It has been there years, I first went about 20 years ago, and can highly recommend. They also have a restaurant where you can sit in and eat.

We stumbled upon this place on our 1st day in London, followed a bunch of local construction workers and wonderful aromas and got a table inside. The fish and chips were very good. A great start to our London visit.

Archived