stupid question.....

wvanative

we are booked on the dream on 3/20/09 as H.S. graduation present for my DD. We would love for my wifes parents to travel with us....however, she has a bad back (many surgeries and a hip replacement) and can not sleep on anything but her recliner...she can do a bed for a night or two but this is a 7 day....my father in law wants to know....would they let him take her recliner on the ship? Guest relations is closed til monday and i will call...but wondered if anyone else has had a similar request....

please be kind.....

I hope you are going in 2010 or else you missed your cruise. :) This is just a guess but I don't think they will let you bring a recliner on board. How would you even do that? Even on a dolly it would be difficult getting it up the gangway. Maybe they have something on the ship that they could move into a cabin but I doubt it. Maybe one of the penthouse suites might have room for a recliner, most cabins I don't think it would fit.

Would one of the reclining deck chairs work? Some of the balcony cabins have those, like the aft wraps.

we are booked on the dream on 3/20/09 as H.S. graduation present for my DD. We would love for my wifes parents to travel with us....however, she has a bad back (many surgeries and a hip replacement) and can not sleep on anything but her recliner...she can do a bed for a night or two but this is a 7 day....my father in law wants to know....would they let him take her recliner on the ship? Guest relations is closed til monday and i will call...but wondered if anyone else has had a similar request....

please be kind.....

Unless you have booked a handicap-accessible cabin, there is likely no room in the cabin for a recliner. They may have one, but it's not going to fit in a regular cabin.

Some friends of ours just bought a pair of recliners for thier camping trips. They are fold-up type. They got them at Camping world. They fold up to a size that could be put in checked baggage. If you could get a cabin with enough space they would work.

I wonder if Carnival has any hospital type beds ( the head of the bed can sit up) for the wheel chair assessable rooms. I'm sure Carnival has dealt with a similar situation before. I'd call first thing Monday and see if they can help you. Be sure to let us know how you make out.

That's definitely a new one and I have no idea! I think your best bet is to wait and call special needs at Carnival to see what they suggest and what's allowed.

Either way, I hope it all works out so that they can go. It would definitely be the trip of a lifetime.

I follow the Grand World Voyage threads people start over on the HAL board. More than once cruisers have mentioned that people have shipped their favorite recliner to the ship for the 100+ day voyage. So, it has been done, although this is a different scenario of course.

We did a three day cruise with sister-in-law who usually slept in a recliner too. They somehow adjusted here single bed with lots of pillows and stuff the propped up the bed and it worked for her. They said there were no recliners onboard that they could bring in for her. She had a wheelchair room too.

please be kind.....

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO wvanative: How did you get a sailing date for when the ship is still being built? It launched on 09/21/2009. Don't think they would allow you to take a reclining chair onboard the ship.

please be kind.....

My parents can not sleep in a bed and they both do recliners.

This is what they do on the ship, they ask for a lot of extra pillows and make a chair affair out of the bed with the pillows, they also have the beds split apart instead of the king affair together. This seems to work for them at motels too.

I don't have a clue how one sleeps sitting up or in a recliner, but they tell me that is just how it is.

please be kind.....

Ignore some of the folks that seem to want to be either rude or antagonistic...astounds me at times...truly.

I would call Carnival directly and inquire....the worst answer would be a "no" but then again....maybe they can work something out to help with your situation. By the way... I think it is great to be including the proud Grandmother....some people can't fathom what chronic intractable pain feels like....I hope it all works out for your family trip and you have a wonderful cruise.

Cheers!

Archived