Breaking news: Carnival legend collides with rccl ship!

they will have to assess the damage.

They may not know what if any repairs will need to be done and how long they will take.

If they are sailing now the damage must not be bad enough to keep them from getting home.

It will be the next sailings that may be affected once they see what is up.:(

they will have to assess the damage.

They may not know what if any repairs will need to be done and how long they will take.

If they are sailing now the damage must not be bad enough to keep them from getting home.

GOS sailed for a year with a huge dent in the side. I doubt this will affect sailings much if they are already under way. They'll just need to buy a large banner to hang over the side to cover the damage. :)

Yes, that's what we're afraid of. Thank goodness for cruise insurance, I guess. We're scheduled to fly down on Friday, but I guess they won't know anything until after the current cruisers disembark, right? I sure won't plan on being the first at the port that day.

Yes, that's what we're afraid of. Thank goodness for cruise insurance, I guess. We're scheduled to fly down on Friday, but I guess they won't know anything until after the current cruisers disembark, right? I sure won't plan on being the first at the port that day.

If you call they should be able to tell you what the situation is.

I'm sure they will have looked things over pretty well and will know if the damage will impact the next cruises.

Give it a day or so and then call.

they should know by then.

Enchantment already had thatencounter with the dock in Cozumel a few years ago. I was on the following cruise. They sailed. No problem. And did repairs while we were in port. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since friiends of mine are scheduled to sail on her in a couple of weeks

Here's some news for all Carnival Legend collides with RCCL EOS.

This post from passender on board.

From the Enchantment of the seas. OK, so we're sitting in port. A few of us are on the pool deck watching the Carnival Legend pull out of port. As we're watching it, it's getting closer and closer. It looked like the wind was pushing the other ship toword us. I looked down and saw a tug boat try to get between the two boats, but it was too late. Then the collision became inevitable. There was some crunching and breaking glass noises and the ship rocked to one side a little. It was such a slow crash that it was barely noticeable. We could see scraped paint on the other ship, Really, nobody was hurt and we're waiting for the all-clear from the Harbor master to leave port.

Never a dull moment.

Archived