Breaking news: Carnival legend collides with rccl ship!

Here's some news for all Carnival Legend collides with RCCL EOS.

This post from passender on board.

From the Enchantment of the seas. OK, so we're sitting in port. A few of us are on the pool deck watching the Carnival Legend pull out of port. As we're watching it, it's getting closer and closer. It looked like the wind was pushing the other ship toword us. I looked down and saw a tug boat try to get between the two boats, but it was too late. Then the collision became inevitable. There was some crunching and breaking glass noises and the ship rocked to one side a little. It was such a slow crash that it was barely noticeable. We could see scraped paint on the other ship, Really, nobody was hurt and we're waiting for the all-clear from the Harbor master to leave port.

Never a dull moment.

It'll buff right out. No worries.

Since it happened in port the "Pilot" from the Port was in charge at the time.. I wonder if they'll refund their port charges:D

CC

The pilot only advises, the Captain is always master of the vessel

Both ships under way and doing 18 knots

Are they going in the direction of their next port or back to their home ports? If it is something serious to where the next cruise would be canceled would they continue the current cruise? Me and my wife have been looking forward to this for a year...and she has already said this will be our last cruise because of everything that could go wrong.

Are they going in the direction of their next port or back to their home ports? If it is something serious to where the next cruise would be canceled would they continue the current cruise? Me and my wife have been looking forward to this for a year...and she has already said this will be our last cruise because of everything that could go wrong.

they would not sail unless they were perfectly safe, I highly doubt it will effect any future cruises. If it was serious the ship(s) would not have been allowed to leave.

Hope everyone is well on both ships.

On the lighter side....hope the Capitan's exchanged insurance info!! :D ;)

Agree hope all pax and crew are ok, no injuries etc...

As for exchanging info...I bet the CCL Captain is packing his bags and will be flying to Miami or home very soon...he should never have cast off without having his ship ready to leave without blowing into a parked ship. Just as bad as someone hitting a parked car...:eek:

I've got to imagine the officers on RCCL who were on the bridge at the time were none too happy!!!

On there way to next port.

...and she has already said this will be our last cruise because of everything that could go wrong.

Everything that COULD go wrong hardly means WILL go wrong. She hasn't even given the cruise a chance yet. Talk about putting a downer on it before even stepping onboard. Hopefully she'll be WOW'd from the beginning and hooked like many of the rest of us!

No offense but you need to lighten up or you are going to have a miserable time. You can get hit by a car tomorrow crossing the street but that doesn't mean it will happen. Go and ENJOY and don't stress the small stuff. If you worry about all the "coulds" you would never leave your bed.

keeping my fingers crossed that we will be sailing on Sat. then!!!:)

See you on Board. I almost thought there would be a big high and a very low low today. Earlier I was told we were upgraded to an Owners Suite and then I heard about the collision. Luckily it appears we will be sailing.

See you on Board. I almost thought there would be a big high and a very low low today. Earlier I was told we were upgraded to an Owners Suite and then I heard about the collision. Luckily it appears we will be sailing.

Did I mention I don't like you!! ;) Just kidding...congrats on the upgrade...how did you score that??

at least she's an optimist!:p

Bill

Archived