Breaking news: Carnival legend collides with rccl ship!

With both ships heading to Belize...I wonder if the captains will have words down in Belize... Carnival needs to send a paint crew to get RCCL back in order... I hope the captain from CCL is pulled from the ship in Belize, subject to drug testing etc... No excuse for such poor ship handling even with a sudden gust of wind.

WOW Dave.....lighten up. Calling for the Captain to be fired when you don't have a clue as to what happened on the bridge or what factored into the accident is pretty harsh.

I hope the captain from CCL is pulled from the ship in Belize, subject to drug testing etc... No excuse for such poor ship handling even with a sudden gust of wind.

Give me a break! I don't see anywhere in the details that have been posted that "poor ship handling" was the cause of this collision.

We were aboard Carnival Liberty in 2005 and while docked in Costa Maya a storm blew in. The ship was listing so badly at the pier that passengers were all called to return to the ship early so that we could leave immediately. As Liberty left the port there were visible signs of damage to the pier where she was tied up.

Heavyweight bout of the Century.....

In the red corner Carnival Legend at 88,500t

And in the blue corner RCCL Enchantment at 80,700t

and the winner is ..........

Great that everyone is OK and we can laugh it off.

Sopme great photos to by the way, thanks.

The photos of the Carnival and RCCL ships, which I posted on page 6-8 of this thread, were taken by Greg Land of South Orange, New Jersey. All rights to these photos belong to Greg Land and the photos may not be re-used or published without his consent.

Thank you!!

The photos of the Carnival and RCCL ships, which I posted on page 6-8 of this thread, were taken by Greg Land of South Orange, New Jersey. All rights to these photos belong to Greg Land and the photos may not be re-used or published without his consent.

Thank you!!

Ah yes, the almighty dollar. Someone is looking to make some money!;)

Ah yes, the almighty dollar. Someone is looking to make some money!;)

Not really. Someone is just protecting their COPYRIGHT rights. In this day and age of technology people seems to forget that individuals still have a right to their own work. If you want to use their work you usually just have to ask permission (in writing) and give credit to them. They certainly can charge a fee if they so desire.

Thank you!!

So... did he forgive you? :p

Great pix, BTW... would be curious to see the damage to the Enchantment from the perspective of the Carni ship!

A~

Thank you!!

Thank you Greg Land for having your cell phone/camera at the right time........good pics.......

Glad no one was injured - at least not physically - emotionally tho it hurts those in leadership, can't imagine how that feels :(. You're out there doing your best and then "something" happens......that's why it's called an "accident", right........

We're due on the Enchantment in 2 weeks - can't wait :D

We were on Carnival Pride in April (sister ship to Legend) and as we were pulling away from Key West there were big waves/swells and it took a long time to be able to pull away we just kept being pushed back into the dock so I can see how this could happen if it was windy.

Glad everyone is okay!!

With both ships heading to Belize...I wonder if the captains will have words down in Belize... Carnival needs to send a paint crew to get RCCL back in order... I hope the captain from CCL is pulled from the ship in Belize, subject to drug testing etc... No excuse for such poor ship handling even with a sudden gust of wind.

Truck drivers, and airline pilots in the states have mandatory drug testing for virtually anything, i hope that they do test him, it could save potential lawsuits for Carni in the long run! We all know the sue happy (no offense Sue L) there are in this world!

Rumor is it wasn't Carnival's fault. It was Royal Caribbean's. In an effort to appease the "Friends of Earth", RCI was attempting to connect to the new Port plug in power system. A crew member accidentally plugged the extension cord in backwards. This turned the Enchantment into a giant magnet. The Carnival Legend, while leaving port, was sucked into the side of the Enchantment. Only when the extension cord was reversed, was the Legend able to leave under her own power. Royal Caribbean apologized, and stated no fish, fowl, or other sea life was believed to be injured in the incident.:D

Truck drivers, and airline pilots in the states have mandatory drug testing for virtually anything, i hope that they do test him, it could save potential lawsuits for Carni in the long run! We all know the sue happy (no offense Sue L) there are in this world!

thanks that made me giggle!!

Maybe they were close enough, long enough that the RCL passengers were able to jump over to the Legend and get some good pizza. ;)

That's odd, according to some over on the Carnie board, the pizza on Carnival now consists of frozen pizza crust and imitation cheese. Doesn't sound too good to me.

rumor is it wasn't carnival's fault. It was royal caribbean's. In an effort to appease the "friends of earth", rci was attempting to connect to the new port plug in power system. A crew member accidentally plugged the extension cord in backwards. This turned the enchantment into a giant magnet. The carnival legend, while leaving port, was sucked into the side of the enchantment. Only when the extension cord was reversed, was the legend able to leave under her own power. Royal caribbean apologized, and stated no fish, fowl, or other sea life was believed to be injured in the incident.:d

lmao!!!!!

Rumor is it wasn't Carnival's fault. It was Royal Caribbean's. In an effort to appease the "Friends of Earth", RCI was attempting to connect to the new Port plug in power system. A crew member accidentally plugged the extension cord in backwards. This turned the Enchantment into a giant magnet. The Carnival Legend, while leaving port, was sucked into the side of the Enchantment. Only when the extension cord was reversed, was the Legend able to leave under her own power. Royal Caribbean apologized, and stated no fish, fowl, or other sea life was believed to be injured in the incident.:D

Rotflmao! That's the best one yet!:p

A few months ago a Carnival ship had a crew member jumping up on a rail and acting a fool and lost his life by falling overboard. A few weeks ago in an attempt to save a passenger a Carnival crew sink their rescue boat and are bailed out by a nearby Disney ship. Now we have a Carnival ship in light winds backing into a docked ship. It is getting harder and harder to believe these events are just bad luck / coincidence. Carnival better get a grip on its crew training before its too late.

I am sure we will enjoy the cruise either way! I just hope the Mariner was a fluke cause i had heard so much on here how RCCL was better compaired to Carnival. Yes the ship was nicer, but the food and service was a let down.

Here is for hoping. Either way we will enjoy ourselves. Vacation is always enjoyable.

On all three of my RCI, I have found the same thing. Food & service were not as good as Carnival, IMO. Their ships are beautiful, and by no means were the cruises themselves bad. ( although Splendor was close ) I will still sail RCI because I like the ships, and although the food and service are not as good, they are still not bad! I will tell you that the Radiance class is really nice.

Archived