Breaking news: Carnival legend collides with rccl ship!

Carnival's John Heald has posted his first hand account of the incident on his blog. Very interesting - both humorous and touching. I feel for the captain (yes I know it's ultimately his responsibility) but it must have been agonizing attempting to avert this "love tap". I also appreciated John's clever writing style and his funny jabs at RCI. One of my best friends is also my competitor in our line of work and I appreciate the ability to be competitive and to do so with humor and respect. And he's right - you can bet the CD on Enchantment had a field day with Carni jokes. The important thing is everyone is ok.

Carnival's John Heald has posted his first hand account of the incident on his blog. Very interesting - both humorous and touching. I feel for the captain (yes I know it's ultimately his responsibility) but it must have been agonizing attempting to avert this "love tap". I also appreciated John's clever writing style and his funny jabs at RCI. One of my best friends is also my competitor in our line of work and I appreciate the ability to be competitive and to do so with humor and respect. And he's right - you can bet the CD on Enchantment had a field day with Carni jokes. The important thing is everyone is ok.

Here is the link - http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/10/01/a-touching-blog/#more-11427

It is toward the bottom even shows pictures of them drifting into one another.

Wanted, Captain of a damaged ship.

Hmmm, how do you call up the boss and tell him you just wrecked his multi million dollar ship?

Ring Ring Ring. Ah, Ummm, I just crashed your ship. Do we have insurance?

No one has posted a pix of the damage to Enchantment yet:confused:

What are you talking about?

She be a tough ship.

There was no damage to her.

Arg.:D

* Please do not take this as truth, I do not know what damage if any was done.

Pilot only advises he is never in charge !!

jj.....

I'm not so sure about that. On the LA port show a couple of months ago, the Captain of the RCCL ship took back control of her ship (yes a she) and kept the ship from hitting a cargo carrier that was docked in the channel. The pilot had miscalculated the wind.

The TV show was about the pilots in the port of LA and they made it very clear that the Captain kicked the pilot out and saved the ship from a hit.

For a inside view of the incident go to

John Heald’s Blog on the carnival site. He was on the Bridge when it happened, He talks about in in tonight blog.

Really enjoyed reading the blog, he is a good writer and a touch of humor. Worth reading.

Archived