Freedom Eastern or Western?

25th wedding anniversary celebration cruise. We have sailed and loved the SOS and Monarch of the Seas. Have done the eastern cruise with Disney but never a 7 night with RCCL. Very excited about 7 night Freedom cruise. Our anniversary is in April but we can go anywhere between Feb-Apr. Any suggestions on better timing, prices etc and eastern or western. :confused:

Thanks everyone!

I Love eastern but if you haven't done western I sugest you try it you might like it either way you will not be disappointed whatever you decide enjoy your cruise God bless and enjoy!

Mikkc,

I am your neighbor just about 7 miles north of you by the airport.

Doing Western in July, did it two years ago on Mariner loved it.

Did an Eastern version 4 years ago on Disney Magic, and over the two love western.

Safe travels

Eastern has 3 sea days/3 port stops and western has 2 sea days/4 port stops....think it just depends on what sea day/port stop combo you like better....can't go wrong with either. As far as best time....I would avoid March as that will be the most college/spring breakers.....April is also spring break but mainly for elementary and high schools, so more a family crowd than the college spring break party crowd that can occur in March.

We did the Western route two times this year on the Freedom. We've done the Eastern as well on other ships, and prefer the Western. We like having only 2 sea days that are split apart. On the Eastern itinerary I believe you have 3 sea days and two of them are back to back. It's nice enjoying the ship on the sea days, but two back to back seemed a little over crowded to us. Whichever route you choose, you will love the Freedom. I can't wait to go back on her. Have a great cruise!

If you can swing the airfare to get to San Juan, I vote for SOUTHERN! You'll get less touristy ports with more variety. Often times, the cruises are about $100-$150/per person less expensive, which for us makes up the difference in flying to Puerto Rico versus Florida. (However, I notice you're already IN Florida, so perhaps you wouldn't have ANY air fare at all cruising on Freedom.)

Freedom is a great ship. We just did the western route in January. We had some cold/rainy weather, but mostly good. (If you live in Florida, you'll be familiar with the weather at that time of year.)

The southern islands have their dry season during the winter, so you can count on sunshine.

Good luck!!

I just got off a western FOS cruise 2 weeks ago:( and did eastern MOS last year for our 25th Anniversary. I'm glad I have done western, but not sure I would do it again. Western is more aggressive in selling tactics, mainly Haiti and Jamaica. I know they are in need of the money but it gets old having your arm grabbed and a bracelet tied on only to have to say "no thank you". Our next one will be eastern again. But whatever you do, you will enjoy it.

Archived