Will Crown & Anchor Perks Improve?

I wouldn't hold my breath.

They tried to make the new perks sound great/better but in fact they really are not.

So...........for those that may have an interest in other lines for whatever reason, the perks don't keep you from not investigating other options.

ie: price, perks, different lines, places to visit, OBC, etc...

The old perks were SO much better.

Personally, I don't see them ever bringing back the old benefits. If it wouldn't have been for the worst economy in most of our lifetimes I don't think they would have even repelled the fuel charge (and I fully expect to see them back when the economy can justify it).

The benefits are a dual problem for them: The economy and the number of repeat cruisers.

I think the best we can hope for is that every few years they tweak the coupon book and maybe give a little better deal (i.e. 20% of any picture, instead of just lifestyle pictures, etc).

Do you feel that the reduction in perks has greatly altered your enjoyment of the cruises? I started with RCCL and don't really want to branch out because I was interested in attaining Platinum then Diamond. Maybe this isn't something I should be concerned about? :(

Since we lost some of our perks they will likely never be restored. Does anyone think by the time you get to D+ there will be an Elite D++? Cruised so hard to get to D level now it feels hopeless. Anyone else feel used ?:( Still loyal to Royal or am I crazy ?

Do you feel that the reduction in perks has greatly altered your enjoyment of the cruises? I started with RCCL and don't really want to branch out because I was interested in attaining Platinum then Diamond. Maybe this isn't something I should be concerned about? :(

I don't think at this point it has reduced my enjoyment of cruising with Royal Caribbean. I just got off the Liberty and had a great time. However, I was really looking forward to becoming Diamond. As you can see, I have only sailed with Royal Caribbean. What the changes have done is made it to where I will probably be more adventurous and try different cruise lines. I have paid more money several times (for similar itenerary) to stay with Royal Caribbean to keep building up my level. I will be less inclined to do that now.

Our Travel Agents tell us that perks will return, she's just not sure when - but hopefully it will be soon

We will be Diamond after our short cruise in January so hoping we get some extra perks in February on the Independence - it keeps changing so we are not expecting too much -- but we shall see:)

I don't think you will see the loyalty program improve much.

Perks-expecially with the CL, got them in trouble to begin with.

Simple math will tell you they created a monster they lost control of and cut into profits big time. This will happen all over again as now it is the mad dash for many to become D+. History will repeat itself.

Cruise because you enjoy it. Sail RCCL because you love the product-not to move up in levels. It will come back to haunt you-in the pocket!!!;)

Remember-it states the C&A program can change at any time. That darn fine print!!:p

bionicman97~

That was my point exactly and I could not have stated it better.

We are Diamond members and have personally felt and seen the difference.

I guess nothing good lasts forever.....

While we enjoy RCCL there are other lines that are equally as good, competitive, and want our business so................

It will all come down to supply and demand.

Since we are the buyers, we are in the diver's seat, therefore chose what will be best for ourselves including what RCCL has to offer at the time when one wants to sail.

Since we lost some of our perks they will likely never be restored. Does anyone think by the time you get to D+ there will be an Elite D++? Cruised so hard to get to D level now it feels hopeless. Anyone else feel used ?:( Still loyal to Royal or am I crazy ?

With the abundance of 3 and 4 day cruises it is easy to predict an onslaught of D+ cruisers. I agree with you there will be a D++ or Elite D+.

bionicman97~

That was my point exactly and I could not have stated it better.

We are Diamond members and have personally felt and seen the difference.

I guess nothing good lasts forever.....

While we enjoy RCCL there are other lines that are equally as good, competitive, and want our business so................

It will all come down to supply and demand.

Since we are the buyers, we are in the diver's seat, therefore chose what will be best for ourselves including what RCCL has to offer at the time when one wants to sail.

Definitely agree. My parents and my wife and I have done all of our cruises together. We each have 8 with Royal Caribbean. We have all agreed we are going to make it Diamond before trying another line, since we are so close (Not that there is any big benefit increase now). After we hit Diamond, We are going to try a few of the other lines, at least on some short, inexpensive cruises to see how they are.

People talk about food being so subjective, but to me, the whole cruise experience is so subjective. I enjoy almost any type of show, and I can usually find some type of food I like anywhere. I don't see how I can really have an opinion of another cruise line until I try it. (Of course, if the benefits hadn't changed, I probably wouldn't need to have an opinion on another cruise line :cool:)

Also, I would really have to wonder about benefits coming back, because we heard rumblings for a long time about benefits changing before the economy tanked.

Our Travel Agents tell us that perks will return, she's just not sure when - but hopefully it will be soon

We will be Diamond after our short cruise in January so hoping we get some extra perks in February on the Independence - it keeps changing so we are not expecting too much -- but we shall see:)

As your travel agent if he/she is interested in some ocean front property in Arizona?

Tucker in Texas

Archived