How did you decide on your CC handle?

COLLEYBERRY

Hey Everyone,

I have been away on a 'girl's weekend ' not home yet ,but checked my emails and of course CC. I feel like I have missed some of the party .:D

Great posts , ...Spoely ,'Honeybird' would make a great user name.:)

I love all the posts... from the straight forward to the ultra creative, it's kind of like we've met everyone just a little bit,so much fun.

Be home soon.

Love Colleen.

Honeybird? Wonderful!! :D:D

Mine's lame. DH had been using it since the early days of BB's and dial up (when it took forever to read and post!) and when I was told of this site, I automatically used the old standby to get access here... I wish I'd thought more about it though, lol!

e = hubby first initial

kerr = last name

19 = hubby's take on breaker 1-9 (as "is anybody out there?)

What about Christmas.Red and Green together.See I have been doing my research LOL Hatch is the Chilli Capital of the World.Green it is for me,Red for DH

Chilli most time called Chili is usually what is meant by meat and beans cooked together with and/or chili powder.

Chile is a Country in South America

Chile is what we call the red and green chile peppers found here in New Mexico. And Hatch has the best darned chile in the world!!

Joanie

Mine's lame. DH had been using it since the early days of BB's and dial up (when it took forever to read and post!) and when I was told of this site, I automatically used the old standby to get access here... I wish I'd thought more about it though, lol!

e = hubby first initial

kerr = last name

Breaker Breaker for the Bandit

Come on back, breaker.

You got trouble comin'. Big trouble.

Well, what's your handle son and what's your 20?

My handle is Smokey Bear and I'm tail grabbin' your butt right now

smokey-and-the-bandit.jpg

Breaker Breaker for the Bandit

Come on back, breaker.

You got trouble comin'. Big trouble.

Well, what's your handle son and what's your 20?

My handle is Smokey Bear and I'm tail grabbin' your butt right now

smokey-and-the-bandit.jpg

Yes, and DH is a huge fan of that movie - I think that's why he chose it... Sometimes, there is no accounting for taste, LOL! :eek:

I'm a big Bob Dylan fan... even more so 11 years or so ago when I started using this handle. I use a few others on different boards that reflect my love for wine--- "malbec" because that's what I was drinking when I signed up for a SCUBA board, and a variation on "magpie" on another because that's what my husband calls me. (Magpies like sparkly things you know...)

e = hubby first initial

kerr = last name

Good to see you on the board - all the posts on the rollcall for one of the Westerdam carribean cruises and I never knew the origin of your username.I don't recall what year that was - you'd reserved the big cabana on HMC and invited a bunch of us to join you there. My cruisemate wasn't up to the walk, but we appreciated the thought.

Have you been on many cruises since? What's next?

Our user name has two meanings.

We were stationed at Fort Sill, OK in the 70s and my husband was a First Sergeant. His unit's nickname was "The DesertDogs".

We now live in AZ in the desert and we love dogs so it really fits now.

What about Christmas.Red and Green together.See I have been doing my research LOL Hatch is the Chilli Capital of the World.Green it is for me,Red for DH

We had 'green' on our fried eggs this morning. :D

As I sit here at my computer I can look out the window across a couple miles of sand covered wth mesquite and sage to GoodSight Hills. Hatch is just on the other side of those hills. :) You're right that it's the Chile Capital. We haven't been to their Fiesta yet though and we've lived here almost 15 years, transplanted to the clean air from smoggy southern California

Mine was chosen because I have a cabin (Abigail's Cottage in Big Bear Lake, CA), therefor I've been BigBearLady for email since 1991. This also seemed good for "handle" on CC.

I wondered if it was 'Big Bear' Lady [as opposed to Big 'Bear Lady' :o].

I lived in Southern CA all my life until we retired to southern NM.

I spent a wonderful summer at Big Bear after graduation from High School, so have fond memories of it. That was back in 1959. Were you there?

Must be my southwest home, but I never even though of chile as being chil with the long i for southern child, to me it was automatically chile as in the green stuff or the hot peppers. But then our state, especially the small town of Hatch, is home to chiles and throughout the state, when you order almost anything, the next question is, "Do you want red or green?". They're referring to the chile salsa that is served with almost anything. Red is hot, green is mild. But to this gringo some of the green is kinda hot. Anyway, to me the word chile is always the peppers. ;)

You're my kinda woman, NMLady. One of the things DH and I WILL do (we're committed ;) ) is to drive down to NM catching all the chile festivals we can. We'll be in heaven. You can be my "advisor" even though it sounds like you actually haven't made it to one yourself. :eek: :D

I wondered if it was 'Big Bear' Lady [as opposed to Big 'Bear Lady' :o].

I lived in Southern CA all my life until we retired to southern NM.

I spent a wonderful summer at Big Bear after graduation from High School, so have fond memories of it. That was back in 1959. Were you there?

No, I wasn't in Big Bear in 1959. I bought my first vacation rental cabin in 1991 and a second one in 2001. Sold the first one and I now have just Abigail's Cottage. My full time home is in Palm Springs, CA, about 2 hours down the hill. I have the best of both worlds....weather wise.

Karen ---

I'll bet my friend, Spoely, was related to you or someone in your family. He had family both in Michigan and family in Tampa. He became a physician and lived in Oregon when I knew him. Email me at parisa 2 at america on line dot com. I'd love to hear from you.

Marianne

Several years ago I started selling food at work during lunch time. The cafeteria was shut down and the plant was full of outside contractors during a retooling of our plant. I started to bring in sandwiches and pop along with other sweets. I was so popular they thought I was the cafeteria. Since my last name is Wagner my little store / cafeteria was dubbed Wagmart. I have used that handle for several years now.

My first cruise was aboard the MS Statendam (IV) back in June 1978 and, though I was only 18, I loved it. A few months later I heard the sea call again. I answered it by joining the Navy. I retired in 2002 after walking on 6 continents and coming up the Saudi Arabian peninsula shy of traveling around the world on the surface (mostly by sea). But I still hear the call of the sea and the only way I can answer her these days is by cruising. No problem! Now that I can afford it, I have made the transition from working on the sea (sailor) to (2) relaxing on the sea (cruiser).

Early on, when I joined ebay, I believe, I signed on as "innlady". That was taken, so I next chose "innlady1". It's been my user name ever since.

We own a bed and breakfast inn on Nantucket Island, so it works for me! Whenever we sell and retire, I will still be "innlady1" in my mind. LOL!

Archived