Carnival Dream Pictures!!!

cruiser4life04

Finally found some good pictures of the ship, didnt see it posted on cc yet so here's the link:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/01Civitavecchia/ship1.htm

Heres some of just the cove balcony:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/01Civitavecchia/coveBalcony.htm

It looks like the person is on a b2b including the transatlantic and posting pics and info daily. Sorry if this has already been posted.

I finally see how how the weather door works. I was under the impression that the whole side was covered, door and window. Wrong, just the door. That is good. I was afraid the I might end up with basically an inside cabin in the advent of a storm. Did not like the idea of that. Some time next year Dream here I come.

Thanks for the pics. This gives me the best shots that I've seen yet of one of these cove balconies. I took a chance and booked one, and so far I'm liking my choice. I'm really glad to see that the weather door only blocks the door and not the window. The balcony looks quite cozy!

thanks for the photos..never had the need to use the mini bar..

$1.95 for soft drinks and juice ?:mad:

Ever stayed at a hotel with a mini bar? $1.95 for Coke is not that high. I have seen vending machines that charge $1.75. I think they were $3.50 at the Ritz.

You pay for the convenience of having it in your room. On the Fantasy the drinks were on the desk taking up valuable space.

Didn't let us down last year when they took pictures on the Carnival Splendor. You can generally find that he has taken pictures of everything which is absolutely fantastic.

Love the photos of the cove balcony, we have two of those booked. Sure wish the dividers did come out as I would have loved for our group to have had a larger balcony.

Wonderful pictures! I'm so happy to finally see a Cove Balcony. That's what we've booked for June. :)

I also appreciate all the pictures of the food choices. Do all Carnival ships offer that much variety?

We can't wait to sail on Dream!

I thought there was a lot of variety, both in the MDR and in the Lido. Word of caution, though. If you see something you like on the "classic" menu, you might want to get it, or ask what nights it is available. Lobster night is on one of the elegant nights. We had Chateaubriand one night, Prime Rib one night. Don't get the stroganoff. They don't put noodles or rice with it, and it is essentially meat and gravy in a bowl.

Since the Grand Med was a 12 day, they started the menu again around the 9th day. I missed the BBQ ribs the first couple of days and then couldn't get them. On the 9th day they came up on the classics menu again. We had our waiter scouting for them and I told him I appreciated him going to the supermarket in Barcelona so we could have ribs. I really like the cold soups and for some reason NOW I LOVE ESCARGOT. Could take it or leave it before, but I always had 2 servings and they had it on 2 different nights.

Lido has a burrito bar during the day, they always have the deli, the Tandoor kitchen, and the burger/hot dog line, and there is always an "international" bar which changes every day.

There is also a pasta bar where you can go and have anything made up to your specifications. Fresh Caesar salad made for you there, too. It is behind the dessert bar toward the middle back of the Lido.

Of course, Bitter and Blanc is still my favorite, with Grand Marnier Souffle a close second. Warm chocolate melting cake when all else fails.

Enjoy.

nice pics BUT The decor is not really fascinating....I wonder what the person who design this ship was thinking:confused:

i book this cruise and then cancel it and book the Oasis of the Seas because the "DREAM"did not call my attention. I have seen other carnival ships prettier than this one.:rolleyes:

This one its not my dream come true:D

• 2 weeks later...

Does he have website access? I am SO CURIOUS to know what our room #1404 which is a 1a, will actually look like. No pics online. If he's on a B2b, oh heart of hearts, I wonder if there is any way to see the rooms inbetween dockings/change out?

Ok, I'd be out looking at Rome too, I admit, but I have to admit, it's a secret wish I can see what this looks like and prepare myself accordingly. Hubby's never been on a cruise and I keep telling him it's SMALL in these cabins but he says you probably aren't there much anyway and I have to admit, my experience was such.

I saw a beautiful photo of a 1a but it's a double porthole, and clearly not my room. Ours is around a corner of an elevator towards the aft so it's anybody's guess what that creation looks like! Or sounds like (quiet-ish I am hoping..)

I am so jealous to see the Mediterrainian! ZydecoCruiser is one lucky person with those beautiful photos from around the world...wow is all I can say! i wanna be there when I grow up! *LOL*

Does he have website access? I am SO CURIOUS to know what our room #1404 which is a 1a, will actually look like. No pics online. If he's on a B2b, oh heart of hearts, I wonder if there is any way to see the rooms inbetween dockings/change out?

Ok, I'd be out looking at Rome too, I admit, but I have to admit, it's a secret wish I can see what this looks like and prepare myself accordingly. Hubby's never been on a cruise and I keep telling him it's SMALL in these cabins but he says you probably aren't there much anyway and I have to admit, my experience was such.

I saw a beautiful photo of a 1a but it's a double porthole, and clearly not my room. Ours is around a corner of an elevator towards the aft so it's anybody's guess what that creation looks like! Or sounds like (quiet-ish I am hoping..)

I am so jealous to see the Mediterrainian! ZydecoCruiser is one lucky person with those beautiful photos from around the world...wow is all I can say! i wanna be there when I grow up! *LOL*

He was taking requests for photos, look for the link on his home page. He said he will probably be taking them tomorrow. He said he will try to get one of each category not specific cabins. Look tomorrow, maybe yours will be there.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/pictureRequests.htm

alas I didnt get back on until tonight, I think it's like 3am on the 28th now over there...but thanks to all for letting me know about this link. #2211 will be sorta like ours I guess. suspense is healthy perhaps?

I am excited to see if its anything like the promo photos

If you go to the title link on his home page for the Carnival Dream Grand med Oct 15th cruise, then scroll to the bottom on the ports listings you'll find an entire section of several pages devoted to cabin pictures. If you match the cabin numbers with the deck plans, you'll be able to see just about every type of cabin on the ship.

Archived