What is the smallest cabin you have ever been in?

Megan_Strick

I booked 2 cabins on The Norway (2 ngt cruise to nowhere for $50pp) I knew we would get very small cabins. We went to the 1st one and it had bunks on one side and a small table on the other wall.I swear you could touch that table while laying in the bottom bunk .Well... then we went to my cabin and it was a SUITE:D I couldn't believe it!! My SIL took the small cabin and me and my 2 boys took the suite;)

i booked 2 cabins on the norway (2 ngt cruise to nowhere for $50pp) i knew we would get very small cabins. We went to the 1st one and it had bunks on one side and a small table on the other wall.i swear you could touch that table while laying in the bottom bunk .well... Then we went to my cabin and it was a suite:d i couldn't believe it!! My sil took the small cabin and me and my 2 boys took the suite;)

sweet! ;)

It was on the S/S Norway the first year she was in the water. I was on the starboard side of the ship......the very first cabin at the bow.

It had an upper and lower, 1 porthole high up on the bulkhead (you had to climb on a chair or something to see out of it).....

I'm not good at square footage...just say that 2 people could stand in the open floor space....but, they couldn't dress at the same time...or pull out a drawer. The bathroom was so small that when you took a shower...everything got wet; toilet, sink.....floor.....

I've often said it was the size of a phone booth....and that's about right..HA!

After Norway's first season, they did a little tweaking on her and did away with those shoebox-sized cabins by removing a wall and making two cabins into one. You still couldn't see outside but at least 2 people could move around in it.

I sailed on Norway many times....and in better cabins eventually. I loved that Blue Lady....she had class with a capital "C".

185 sq ft. Carnival interior room.

It seems to me that the interiors on the Fantasy class are bigger than on the Conquest class ships! We had 5 people in the interior on the Fascination and my DD and I shared a cabin on the Liberty.

The Liberty cabin seemed so much smaller! Does anyone have stats on these two cabins?

The new NCL Epic has "studio" inside cabins at around 100sf that actually look pretty cool. They also have a window to the hallway to let in some light and a lounge area for occupants of these rooms only.

965x381-theexperience-accommodation.jpg

We did a 108 sqft. on the NCL Majesty, it was cozy to say the least and while sitting on the toilet, one leg was in the shower!:D

Our first cruise was on RCI Sovereign of the Seas, in her first year of service. She was the biggest most impressive ship at sea. We had a 119 sqft. room inside, and it was a closet. My parents paid almost $4000 for the three of us in that cabin for a 7 day trip. We pay less than half of that now for the 2 of us, with larger cabins!

185 sq ft. Carnival interior room.
I'm guessing this is probably what we had too

for our First Cruise, on Carnival Destiny - interior cabin 2283

Destiny_interior-2283.jpg

Reasonably spacious and comfortable (great beds!)

We didn't know any better, so we were happy!

It was OK, but I probably wouldn't do an interior again.. :cool:

I'm guessing this is probably what we had too

for our First Cruise, on Carnival Destiny - interior cabin 2283

Destiny_interior-2283.jpg

Reasonably spacious and comfortable (great beds!)

We didn't know any better, so we were happy!

It was OK, but I probably wouldn't do an interior again.. :cool:

Oh no...that picture may be of a Destiny interior...but it definately is not a Miracle interior. They are tiny!!! LOL

Didn't any of you ever cruise on the INDY around the Hawaiian Islands!!?? It had been a war ship!! Talk about small! And come hell or high water, they ran the sweepers in the halls at 8am EVERY morning! Loved the cruise & how it was done but the ship--was the pits! But we have memories!!

The smallest cabin I have been in was an OV on the Sovereign of the Seas. It was around 120 sq feet, and the room was as wide as the bed was long. It was our first cruise and we thought it was great.

Coming in second would be an IS on the Triumph. The bed sat left to right and at the end of the bed was a built in box that housed the life jackets. So there was no way to walk around the bed. I slept up against the wall and had to climb over dh if I needed to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I HATED that room and it felt smaller than the one on SOS. It turned me off of inside rooms until we booked a cheapie "fill in the gap" cruise last on the Inspiration last summer. Even with 4 of us in the room, we never felt crowded. I agree, even though they say it is the same sq ft., it certainly didn't feel like it.

Not sure of the square footage of this cabin but it was as far forward as you can get (right up in the point and on the Riviera deck.) on the CCL Triumph. This was one of those TBA cabins. Although it was sufficient for my needs you can image the "unique" design of the cabin. My only complaint was that the bed was right up against the exterior wall and each morning when we dropped anchor the chain unwound right next to my bed. (I'd prefer the "traditional" wake up call please).

After all was said & done . . . it was a FUN cruise, but that cabin really left something to be desired.

The smallest cabin I was ever in was on the old Emerald Seas of the Eastern cruise lines back in the seventies. My guess is it was about 90 sq. ft. Lowest deck, bunk beds and 2 people could not stand across the room at the same time.

Archived