E-Docs

SFO-F/A

We are sailing on the 22 Nov Gem in the Med. We paid in full when we made the reservation with a TA in August. I registered on the NCL.com site, giving all the necessary information. I've been checking weekly for the edocs. All the site says is pending!:confused:

I finally called my TA today. She had to check with NCL. She was told they will be ready this Wednesday, 4 Nov. Isn't 2 1/2 weeks before sail date kind of late to get this information to us? I thought a month before was the latest!

We are sailing on the 22 Nov Gem in the Med. We paid in full when we made the reservation with a TA in August. I registered on the NCL.com site, giving all the necessary information. I've been checking weekly for the edocs. All the site says is pending!:confused:

I finally called my TA today. She had to check with NCL. She was told they will be ready this Wednesday, 4 Nov. Isn't 2 1/2 weeks before sail date kind of late to get this information to us? I thought a month before was the latest!

What information that you don't already know were you waiting for? I find the e-docs of very little interest.

I had the same situation until LAST night when a kind poster here on the boards gave me this tip that WORKED! Now my EDOCS are green and ready for printing. Go back into your on-line registration information, page by page - even though it shows as green - when you finish hit your enter key. Next refresh your page. My EDOCS button did not turn green immediately, but by this morning it was GREEN and ready to go!! I wish I could find the name of that poster that pointed this out to me as they said something about having to verify some of the cruise contracts for it to work, but I can't find the post. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! In my case we had recently upgraded our cabin and that may be a factor. My TA told me there was a glitch on the My NCL site. In any event, the method I describe above WORKED!!! Now I am hoping we will soon get the email from NCL saying that are Welcome Aboard Packet is enroute!:)

Me, too. I don't understand why there is always so much chatter about them. I don't even print out the "ticket."

What information that you don't already know were you waiting for? I find the e-docs of very little interest.

We had the same problem as the following info from another thread shows, once we went back and agreed to the new terms everything was fine. We thought we had completed the online check-in months before.

"There was another thread that noted they changed the contract terms and wanted people to expllicitly accept the new terms prior to the edocs being sent out. Click on it where it says Pending, and if it may ask you to confirm agreement with a couple of contract points (regarding where lawsuits can be filed)."

I thought they (edocs) were the tickets?:confused: And we needed them to board. Is that not so?

Yes they include your "tickets", but having them 2 1/2 weeks prior to your cruise is no different than having them 2 1/2 months before you cruise or 2 1/2 days before your cruise. If you have them you have them.

All this talk is making me nervous!

I printed out my "ticket"...or so I think they were my tickets...they printed out with all the "terms info" etc. How do I know for sure that I am really registered? I was able to do all this almost immediately after paying our final payment....so why are others not gettiing their till close to their sail date? This is what's making me wonder about mine. Hmm

Do I or do I not need these tickets to board the ship? Someone on here said that you don't even need them....what's the point of them if you don't need them?

I had the same situation until LAST night when a kind poster here on the boards gave me this tip that WORKED! Now my EDOCS are green and ready for printing. Go back into your on-line registration information, page by page - even though it shows as green - when you finish hit your enter key. Next refresh your page. My EDOCS button did not turn green immediately, but by this morning it was GREEN and ready to go!! I wish I could find the name of that poster that pointed this out to me as they said something about having to verify some of the cruise contracts for it to work, but I can't find the post. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! In my case we had recently upgraded our cabin and that may be a factor. My TA told me there was a glitch on the My NCL site. In any event, the method I describe above WORKED!!! Now I am hoping we will soon get the email from NCL saying that are Welcome Aboard Packet is enroute!:)

Hitting "refresh" on your computer has nothing to do with whether NCL's computer has the documents ready. All you're doing by refreshing the page is instructing your computer to load and display the latest version of the Web page you're looking at, rather than the version already stored in your computer's cache. Your computer doesn't control the contents of that page, it only displays it. That's why doing that had no effect on what you saw last night. You got your docs this morning because they were ready this morning, not because you hit "refresh" last night.

you don't need your tickets...except for some security officers at the docks! the only people that have asked for my tickets were:

1) the lady at luggage drop-off, in seattle

2) the security officer standing in front of the door to NCL check-in, in new orleans

at check-in they ask to see your ID. it will save time to have your pre-registration printed...otherwise you may have to play 20 questions.

did the OP purchase air through NCL, that could be the delay with them getting the edocs?

All this talk is making me nervous!

I printed out my "ticket"...or so I think they were my tickets...they printed out with all the "terms info" etc. How do I know for sure that I am really registered? I was able to do all this almost immediately after paying our final payment....so why are others not gettiing their till close to their sail date? This is what's making me wonder about mine. Hmm

Do I or do I not need these tickets to board the ship? Someone on here said that you don't even need them....what's the point of them if you don't need them?

You need the one page that is the passenger ticket (If I recall it's usually page 3. Your copy is the next page) . They probably wouldn't let you past the security checkpoint without it. The first page of the docs should have informational items like the itinerary, any shore excursions you've booked in advance, etc. The remainder of the document is primarily the contract, and isn't on most passenger's "must read" list...although you probably should read it.

For most passengers, the tickets can be printed shortly after final payment, typically no later than 60 days before sailing. Group booking tickets may be not be available until about 30 days out. Sometimes there are computer glitches that delay their availability, requiring a call to NCL to straighten it out. It doesn't matter when others get theirs as long as you have yours.

Hitting "refresh" on your computer has nothing to do with whether NCL's computer has the documents ready. All you're doing by refreshing the page is instructing your computer to load and display the latest version of the Web page you're looking at, rather than the version already stored in your computer's cache. Your computer doesn't control the contents of that page, it only displays it. That's why doing that had no effect on what you saw last night. You got your docs this morning because they were ready this morning, not because you hit "refresh" last night.

Maybe not, but it is sure is ODD that I have having this problem for several weeks and then after I went back in and redid our check-in information the green light for EDOCS suddenly appears this morning! Obviously there was SOME correlation between what that poster told me to do as far as checking the contracts, etc. in the online registration section and the fact that the EDOCs button turned green, from PENDING on My NCL this morning!

If your EDOC button says PENDING for longer than a week, I would suggest you at least try to do what I did.

Maybe not, but it is sure is ODD that I have having this problem for several weeks and then after I went back in and redid our check-in information the green light for EDOCS suddenly appears this morning! Obviously there was SOME correlation between what that poster told me to do as far as checking the contracts, etc. in the online registration section and the fact that the EDOCs button turned green, from PENDING on My NCL this morning!

If your EDOC button says PENDING for longer than a week, I would suggest you at least try to do what I did.

What I've highlighted in red above is the reason your docs were available today. You redid something. That is what triggered the NCL computer to make your documents available....it changed the data stored on their computer. Refreshing the page only affects which version of the Web page your computer is displaying, not the actual contents of that Web page.

Archived