BOA Help!!!!!!

floridacruisers

I have tried everything to get my reward points. I think I will die from old age before anyone over there has any idea as to how to help me get my rewards points online. No one can help. They are pathetic. Does anybody have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated before I jump in front of a Mack truck:mad:

Phil

I ended up taking the cash option. I had to call the number on the back of the card (Celebrity American Express Card) and got to talk to a real person. As previous poster said, just use your card when you check in as your mode of payment, and get the double points.

Phil; for future reference, could you please post exactly how you were able to do the OBC on line?

Hi Florida Cruisers

I think we are on your Solstice cruise in January. We applied online for our OBC from BofA over a month ago and haven't gotten the voucher yet. We wanted it for our 12/12/09 Century, so I'll going to have to call them to see what is taking so long. Hope you have better luck.

Fellow X Cruisers, it seems alot of people are having trouble with BoA regarding the X Credit Cards- I was wondering if anyone has any insight on RCI (Both X and RCI's cards are through them) changing it's affinity cards to a different bank in the near future? I have heard grumblings of such and if it were the case, I could see why BoA is being so hard to work with...

The newest X brochures show off the new card design and all (it features Solstice behind a shadowed X) and is now a 'Visa Signature' card, not BoA's 'Platinum Plus'... most interesting.

We had no problems on our cruise in Sept- we just called BOA...they sent the vouchers right away & even gave us the voucher numbers so we could call & let Celebrity know ahead of time.. Once on board the credit appeared about the second day of the cruise...

Hope these issues are not a new trend....

I have NEVER tried to get them online. I always called....and have never had a problem. As hcat mentions....you tell them what you want (voucher, for example) and they send them by mail...mine always came within a week. Then I mailed them to RCL and asked for an email response....and I always got one. The credits....both for vouchers....and our stock ownership....have ALWAYS been there...and I bet I have done this 6-8 times. On your credit card statement...there is a phone number listed. Always say you are calling about CREDIT CARD reward points....so they don't think it is another kind of credit.

GOOD LUCK

I have also never had a problem in the past, but I think the system was changed recently, hence the problems.

It does make more sense to use your card to charge on board and get the double points, then stick the cash in the bank to pay off the card.

You can request cash for points on line and the check arrives in the mail within 2 weeks.

I found the on-line option to redeem for on-board credit on the Bank of America site. I went to Redeem Points, then Travel, then Celebrity cruises, then Cruises (not Experiences or Upgrades). This is a change, since it used to be under Merchandise, rather than Travel, which never made much sense, but I was used to it. Now they have moved it to something that makes more sense, in a way.

Just be prepared though if you use the online option on the BOA site for OBC. I just did the redemption online and there is nowhere to put in sail date, reservation number, etc. Then you get phone calls from Celebrity people because they have no idea on where to apply the OBC that you redeemed! It's really quite a stupid system.:confused:

Joanne

When I redeemed my AMEX World Points,(for cash) I did not lose any cash value. However, I did cash in 35,000 points.

It seems that there is a difference even between the Celebrity AMEX and Celebrity Visa card redemptions, and how each is handled by BOA.

I am satisfied with the cash option.

I just redeemed for OBC and got a confirming e-mail from BOA Visa. Now I will call Celebrity to apply to my upcoming cruise. ASFAIK, that's the way I have always handled it -- there never was a way to designate which cruise departure date on line, it always took a phone call to X. I believe that AMEX and VISA have different procedures, and you can no longer apply for a new Celebrity AMEX card, is that right?

This finally worked for me after spending hours on the phone with BOA:rolleyes:. They no longer do points via the phone. It's all online.

Go to bankofamerica.com and if you haven't, set up your credit card sign in.

1. Sign in

2. Password

3. Go to: Celebrity Rewards Platinum Plus VISA

4. Select: Rewards

5. Select: Redeem Points "Travel"

6. Select on bottom right: Celebrity Cruise Lines

7. Select: Cruises ... to redeem points or you can choose from the other items like onboard packages.

8. Print out the info and call the Captain's Club with it. Let them know.

If anyone has a better way, please let me know...Thanks

Phil

I did the exact thing last week and kept getting "page not available"....I finally called the number on the back of my AMEX card and did the cash redemption over the phone. I hope it works.

I did not know about X discontinuing the AMEX card. We have both cards, and now maybe I will just use the VISA. Does the VISA carry a yearly fee?

I know some cards recently added this fee.

Thanks to the poster Phil, who gave specific directions....everything came up as before they started changing things....

• 2 weeks later...

What a mess!

When I called the number newhips posted earlier, the gal told me that since September they do not handle the rewards over the phone and that it had to be done online. When we tried to do it that way, we couldn't find an option for shipboard credit. She gave us the number of online banking and said to call it if we had problems. So I did, and was placed on infinity hold.

While we were on hold, we finally ended up just taking the cash option and having it deposited in our checking account. We were at the $35,000 level, so we got 1%.

Customer service is a dying art.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I followed FloridaCruisers step by step instructions last evening. It worked perfectly. When I called Captain's Club they said they would e-mail BofA and confirm the application of points to my reservation.

One problem -- My final payment is due December 4 -- the Captain's Club told me they didn't know if the points would be applied in time -- so I will need to call again.

Archived