Seeking rolling underseat bag

monkeyinhat

I have searched, seen different measurements etc. Anyone found a rolling tote bag they like that fits nicely under airline seats,

I know the puddle jumper I take to CLT would be small but mean regular size planes. overhead bin space is so limited these days I want something for under seat

Have been looking at ll bean one. I want something to hold hubs heavy pants or shoes , a book standard carry on without purse.

I just bought my husband a carryon at Target Eddie Bauer brand for Christmas. Don't know if it will fit under the seat but it is a carryon and has wheels. You might try Target as they may have others that may be what you want. I even got it on sale. Another place you might check is Rick Steves' website. He always goes with just a carryon. Doesn't hurt to check him out as well. Happy hunting.

Pearl

Pearl64, my DH used the Eddie Bauer (Target) all over Europe in November and it worked great. It does fit under the seat well and holds quite a bit. He really is impressed with it and he hates carry-on bags. He would rather put his bag overhead, but when forced to he will put it under the seat. It didn't stick out and did not have to be forced to go under.

Be aware that compared to overhead bins, the underseat areas are much more irregular and variable in dimension and shape. Usually the center seat has the most underseat room, then the window with the aisle last. Electronics boxes for the IFE system can intrude a lot into the space.

As kenish mentioned for me there are too many variables to count on whether or not a particular carry on will fit under the seat. It may on one flight and not on the next. Even if I think I have an idea, if the plane equipment is changed at the last minute it might not work.

I would put emphasis on seat selection so that you can be one of the earlier ones to board the plane and make sure of the overhead binds.

Keith

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a great Coach bag, that I have carried for years. Expensive, good quality and fits. but just too heavy to carry loaded I want a rolling one.

I know the seat sizes vary etc. I was just asking so those that are like me that want something underseat and have a good bag would let me know what they have and like

rugrats- i like that one.

monkeyinhat- I have TravelPro which are virtually bombproof. They've been on dozens of flights all over the planet with little sign of wear and tear. One piece is a shoulder bag, it usually fits underseat if not stuffed full.

Your starting post mentioned smaller planes...usually nothing fits underseat in regional jets or turboprops except small bookbags and purses. Even my shoulder bag often doesn't fit in the bin and has to be doorchecked. You're probably aware of that already.....

I have a Briggs and Riley Rolling Cabin Bag that has fit under the seat of every plane I've flown on, except for seats where the space was blocked by an equipment box. It even fit under the seat on an RJ! It easily fits me shoes (women's 9.5), an Eagle Creek packing cube, a couple books, magazines, toiletry bag, etc.

Briggs and Riley is an investment, but the bags have a lifetime warranty and they make repairs for free.

J

Archived