VIP Platinum Boarding Question

jeanarch

If you have a group of 7 that all booked together and one of the group is Platinum will the entire group be allowed to board as VIP or will they need to split up. I will be Platinum but my DH, DD and famikly won't be..Does anybody know?

Only if the others are the VIPs children or he/she paid for someone else to be in their cabin or something. The cards for the others will be held in a different area, so its easier to just check in where they are supposed to.

Everyone in the cabin with the VIP will have VIP on their luggage tags, not the others. So, Im guessing more than 1 person will be VIP.

congrats on making platinum and the new perks including VIP embarkation for any that is in your cabin others need to go in the long line

My first time platinum we were standing outside of the building in Miami in line for a half hour till we got near the door and I asked an agent about platinum boarding and she said go over there we were on board in 10 minutes It was awesomesmiley3393.gif

Also dont forget about the free laundry saves on items packed

If you have a group of 7 that all booked together and one of the group is Platinum will the entire group be allowed to board as VIP or will they need to split up. I will be Platinum but my DH, DD and famikly won't be..Does anybody know?

Anyone sharing your cabin can check in with VIP. Others in separate cabins will need to check in the traditional way. Their documents, etc. will not be in the VIP lounge but out with the others.

When I travel with family or friends in another cabin, I forego the VIP checkin and just do it with the others. Of course, I'm there very, very early when the doors first open so we have no lines to deal with.....and can find comfortable chairs together.

I am assuming that your DH and DD will be in your cabin. So both will be with you in VIP. Everyone else (unless they are your minor children with a linked cabin) will go the regular route.

If your talking about the New Orleans port.....as you know...you never lose sight of one another ...since it is all just one big room....

Have a great cruise!!!

When we went on the Fantasy in June we were VIP and the other 3 cabins we had weren't and they checked all of us in through the VIP line, the gal just went and got all the other cards and brought them to the VIP line and we al checked in together. Lisa

All the ports work a little differently.

Miami is a definate no. I witnessed them refusing folks left and right the two times we were the last year.....

While ports like New Orleans may be more flexible....let me relate a true story.

A guy shows up...he is the only one that is Platinum and causes a big arrogant stink to allow his 10+ friends to go through VIP with him. So New Orleans said yes.

This group held up the VIP office for over 30 minutes (deciding whose credit card was going to pay whose billing....none had filled out the Fun Passes etc).....inconveniencing loyal Carnival cruisers and Cat 11 and 12 Suite guests who had earned (or paid) for the privilege.

All so that one insecure man could pretend he was a "big dog" for his group.

This is not right. If you have not earned or paid for the privilege....please do not inconvenience those who have.

Now....as Embarkation proceeds....there are times when there are no VIPs in line and some ports will divert folks to the VIP office to help get folks onboard.

Especially if the regular line is backing up......they don't want Embarkation staff just standing there doing nothing.....

as long as it does not inconvenience loyal Carnival guests or Cat 11 and 12 guests who have paid extra for this benefit....I have no problem with that....

appreciate all the replies...New Orleans can be a nightmare if u arrive after 11:30,,,,they only have 2 security scanners for over 2000 people.. we try to drive the 5 hours and get there early...appreciate the input and would never ne a pita to get other folks on board early

appreciate all the replies...New Orleans can be a nightmare if u arrive after 11:30,,,,they only have 2 security scanners for over 2000 people.. we try to drive the 5 hours and get there early...appreciate the input and would never ne a pita to get other folks on board early

Just ask when you arrive........

I know what you mean...and the odd thing is that the Julia Terminal used to be the MOST EFFICIENT ..... it is just since they moved to the Erato Terminal that things seem to have deteriorated.....

there used to be one Carnival Rep at Julia....tall man about 65+ years old with a booming voice and he was the "control" at Embarkation.

You sat where he told you to sit and you only moved when he told you to move....and things went very smoothly. No chaos at all!!!

I have not seem him since the move to Erato....

I will be getting my Platinum hopefully this spring, when we cruise with the kids in October or November, my husband and I will be in one cabin and his minor children will be in another, can the children be checked in with us at VIP?

I will be getting my Platinum hopefully this spring, when we cruise with the kids in October or November, my husband and I will be in one cabin and his minor children will be in another, can the children be checked in with us at VIP?

Yes....but make sure your TA or PVP has your cabins linked.

Linking will also insure that you all have the same dining table....

All the cards will be together awaiting you at the VIP office!!!

My DH got his Platinum card during our last cruise (out of Miami), and myself and DD were able to VIP Board with him. My sail and sign card was not there but DD was (she was first time cruiser), they had us board the ship, and when it came time for me to scan my card, I told them that they told me to go to the pursers desk to get it, and there it was waiting on me, I just had to go back over to security to take my picture, pretty painless. Now as far as our upcomming cruise out of Galveston, guest services said that all of us (7 total) would be able to VIP check in with my husband, and our cards will be waiting there for us (4 are newbies, and one is mildly handicaped). While not trying to inconvience others, we do plan on using a service that my husband has paid for, but while not trying to be an impedence on others.

sheli

Archived