What to wear during the day

Could someone help me out with what is acceptable for women to wear on board during the day time.

Can they wear a bathing suit in the promenade?

A wrap around the bottom with the bikini top?

What about men, is a bathing suit with a t-shirt ok in the promenade?

Thank

If you're inside the ship in the public areas, you should wear a full cover-up----not "bellies" showing...I mean, you wouldn't go to the mall with just your bathingsuit top on...

In the WJ, they will ask you to put on more clothes if you are showing your tummy, or butt! Shorts and a tee, or a simple sundress or cover-up over your suit is fine.

For men, a tee shirt over trunks (not a speedo!!!) is the norm!!!

Could someone help me out with what is acceptable for women to wear on board during the day time.

Thank

It'd be okay for a woman to wear a bathing suit WITH a dress-style cover-up in the promenade or the buffet (at breakfast or lunch). You could get away with this in the MDR at breakfast on a port day; it's assumed that everyone's trying to eat and get off the ship on those days. Another poster compared the promenade to the mall; that's a good "dress code" comparison. And think of the Windjammer as the mall food court. It'd be fine to go there with a swimsuit under a full cover-up or under shorts/tee -- but you wouldn't walk around the mall in a swimsuit.

A wrap /bikini top combo would ONLY be appropriate in the pool area (or perhaps the sports deck).

My husband frequently wears DRY swim trunks and a tee-shirt around the ship. A speedo or a wet suit would be too much.

Typical daytime wear for women: Casual shorts/tees, casual sundress, capris with a blouse, mini-skirt with a gauzy blouse. Most people do not wear swimsuits 24/7 -- except for teens, you don't see them outside the pool area. Well, except for island stop days -- on those mornings, lots of people are obviously dressed for the beach.

Can they wear a bathing suit in the promenade? Sure! Same as what you might where in the shopping area at ay of the ports. If comfortable in your suit go for it.

A wrap around the bottom with the bikini top? You'll need that in the Windjammer. No uncovered suits allowed there.

Sure.

Thank

Be comfortable and enjoy your cruise!

If you're inside the ship in the public areas, you should wear a full cover-up----not "bellies" showing...I mean, you wouldn't go to the mall with just your bathingsuit top on...

In the WJ, they will ask you to put on more clothes if you are showing your tummy, or butt! Shorts and a tee, or a simple sundress or cover-up over your suit is fine.

For men, a tee shirt over trunks (not a speedo!!!) is the norm!!!

So if your belly button is showing, they will turn you away?

OMG, what century are these cruise ship people from?

If a woman wears low rider jeans and a halter top she will get turned away because her belly button is showing?

Are these real rules or just what "posters" would like to see?

Yeah, even if I had a model's figure, I'd feel a little uncomfortable (not to mention undressed) anywhere on the ship in nothing but a bathing suit, or even a bikini top and wrap on the bottom. Like people above said, it really is like walking around a mall. Or in other areas, the public parts of hotels.

And if the guy is gonna just wear a bathing suit and shirt, bathing suit shorts would be nice (as opposed to a Speedo) and please make sure it's dry. :)

If a woman wears low rider jeans and a halter top she will get turned away because her belly button is showing?

The cover up over you bikini in the Windjammer is for real. And of course, no t-shirts, ball caps or tank tops in the Main Dining Room in the evening. The rest is all the opinion of those posting replies.

Wear your low rider jeans and halter tops all you want. Show off that belly button ring -- it wasn't cheap, right?

I agree. A little old fashioned are some on this thread?

Wear whatever you want any where you want, if its not acceptable someone will tell you.

Look around if you are the only one wearing a bikini or showing you belly button, you just might be pushing the envelope, but if you are comfortable than go for it, dont worry about offending anyone.

God know eveyone likes looking at your belly and your belly ring. You have done a zillion crunches for those abs. Show them off!!

The middle age woman next to you that has had four kids, whose husband is going ga-ga over you loves the fact that you are half naked.

Wear whatever you want any where you want, if its not acceptable someone will tell you.

Look around if you are the only one wearing a bikini or showing you belly button, you just might be pushing the envelope, but if you are comfortable than go for it, dont worry about offending anyone.

God know eveyone likes looking at your belly and your belly ring. You have done a zillion crunches for those abs. Show them off!!

The middle age woman next to you that has had four kids, whose husband is going ga-ga over you loves the fact that you are half naked.

:confused::confused::confused:

Have a little fashion sense. Swim suites in the pool area, gym clothes in the gym, and formal wear on formal nights etc.... Dress for the occasion. You are on vacation, leave your jeans and t shirts at home. This is the time to wear your best!

Always look your best!

I agree with most. unless you are at the pool deck or on your way off the ship to the beach no one really wears bathing suits around without fuller covers. Plus, it can be a little cold inside so you will want more than just a small cover.

I'm in my 20's (getting near 30 :eek:) and pretty thin and would feel weird walking around with only bikini top and small wrap unless I was at the pool.

But then I live on the beach and during the summer girls walk/ bike ride around the boardwalk like that all the time and I still feel weird. I guess I'm more old fashion and don't like walking around for the world to see.

If you are set on wearing a bathing suit all day. I would say more of a cute dress type cover is good.

but you can do whatever you want. That would probably be the most comfortable though.

Thank

I´m not sure about official policies on this matter other than entering food venues, but from you are asking about acceptable and that will certainly bring out personal opinions opposed to policies.

When you are talking about a food venue you´ll certainly be turned away wearing your bathing suits, at least it should be this way.

I kinda doubt you´ll be turned away from the promenade not wearing a cover up, though I´d prefer them doing it at least in the shops.

Now talking about acceptable, I´m with most others responding here. I don´t think it´s acceptable to wear your bathing suits without cover ups anywhere inside the ship. That´s my opinion and I´m not the one to set the policy, but I rate it as inappropriate. My experience is that people put on cover ups when roaming the ship. I can´t remember seeing people in bathing suits only other than around the pool deck. It´s even very rare to see someone in the cabin hallway (coming/going between cabin and pool). Most people I´ve seen cover up for those walks as well.

If you feel comfortable doing it you probably can. I know I would not and I know I would notice.

I don't understand why people post a question and then when they don't get the answers they wanted to see, they lash out. :rolleyes:

I don't see where the OP "lashed out". :confused: Fact is, wear what you feel comfortable wearing. There are specific rules in the dining areas and that's a fact.

:confused::confused::confused:

You are on vacation, leave your jeans and t shirts at home. This is the time to wear your best!

Always look your best!

Come on people -- she asked a question. She didn't ask for a lecture! Don't post ridiculous crap like "leave your jean and t shirst at home." I see jean and t-shirts all over the ship every cruise AND in the MDR.

"Vacation is the time time to wear your best!" Hmmmm. I thought vacations were to relax and to be comfortable?

Come on people -- she asked a question. She didn't ask for a lecture! Don't post ridiculous crap like "leave your jean and t shirst at home." I see jean and t-shirts all over the ship every cruise AND in the MDR.

"Vacation is the time time to wear your best!" Hmmmm. I thought vacations were to relax and to be comfortable?

thank you.

This is not "ridiculous crap" it is my opinion. Are you always this rude?

This is not "ridiculous crap" it is my opinion. Are you always this rude?

So your's is the only opinion that should be posted? :confused:

We all have opinions and it's a shame that in this forum, so many turn to name calling when someone else's view differs from theirs.

my daughter was asked to cover up in the windjammer, not sure if it was because of her belly being bare on the fact she could be wet... Noone wants to sit on a wet seat from the previous diner.... I am pretty sure they dont stop you in the Promenade although, if your wet they may.

So your's is the only opinion that should be posted? :confused:

We all have opinions and it's a shame that in this forum, so many turn to name calling when someone else's view differs from theirs.

Where did you get the idea that I think my opinion is the only one that should be posted?

The pool area is the only place to be wearing a wet swinsuit. Dry swinsuits with coverups (male and female) are simply common courtesy. Would you like to sit in a wet seat after some person in a wet swimsuit sat in the chair before you? I think not...

----------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Archived