Diamond Club Admission Question

Larry5440

Hey Folks We have two balcony rooms booked. We have a diamond member and a gold member in each room. Will they be able to join us in the diamond club? Thanks in advance

As a rule the answer is "no". I've seen people turned away by an attendant at the door. Then again I have heard that if it is not crowded they bend the rules. Can I assume you set up your rooms so a diamond is in each for this reason? Many people have done it and again it is up to the concierge on each ship. Good luck.

Hey Folks We have two balcony rooms booked. We have a diamond member and a gold member in each room. Will they be able to join us in the diamond club? Thanks in advance

On the inaugural sailing I also saw a woman (Platinum) who was with a Diamond member and she was refused entry into the Diamond lounge. Not sure if they shared a cabin:)They were right infront of us as the Concierge was checking the seapass cards.

Hey whats your ship and sail date? I will be informing the Diamond police to intercept you and you Gold members before you reach the lounge. This is what causes all the problems with so many people in the lounge....HOW DARE YOU!

Hey whats your ship and sail date? I will be informing the Diamond police to intercept you and you Gold members before you reach the lounge. This is what causes all the problems with so many people in the lounge....HOW DARE YOU!

I hope you are kidding :) Now don't get me wrong, I can fully appreciate that some folks have reached Diamond status and get a few perks and as well they should. Heck, DH and I have booked a Crown Loft Suite for our cruise and that comes with a WHOLE LOTTA perks which I figure we have paid for but if someone gets into the "VIP" section or gets a few drinks at the Concierge Lounge who is not booked in a suite, it's no biggie, it's all good, we will all be on vacation and having fun and, after all, that IS what it is all about, right? ;)

As a rule the answer is "no". I've seen people turned away by an attendant at the door. Then again I have heard that if it is not crowded they bend the rules. Can I assume you set up your rooms so a diamond is in each for this reason? Many people have done it and again it is up to the concierge on each ship. Good luck.

I don't believe that is exactly accurate....as long as there is a Diamond member booked in each room the other people in that room should also be granted access also....at least thats the way I have heard it worked in the past.

I hope you are kidding :) Now don't get me wrong, I can fully appreciate that some folks have reached Diamond status and get a few perks and as well they should. Heck, DH and I have booked a Crown Loft Suite for our cruise and that comes with a WHOLE LOTTA perks which I figure we have paid for but if someone gets into the "VIP" section or gets a few drinks at the Concierge Lounge who is not booked in a suite, it's no biggie, it's all good, we will all be on vacation and having fun and, after all, that IS what it is all about, right? ;)

LOL what do you think?

Actually, it is a "biggie" as overcrowding of the concierge lounge was Royal Caribbean's justification for kicking the Diamond members out this year!!

Earlier this year I sailed on LIBERTY OF THE SEAS with my brother. We shared a cabin, and I am Diamond and he is Gold. It was never a problem to bring him into the lounge with me. We are sailing together on OASIS as well, and again I expect to bring him into the lounge with me. I understand if he doesn't have access to enter on his own, but as long as he is with me he should be able to enter.

I feel I should be entitled to bring my traveling companion (the person I share the cabin with) into the Diamond Lounge with me. What am I supposed to do, go in there alone? My partner of 13 years is only Platinum. He doesn't always cruise with me but I would fully expect to bring him into the lounge with me when we travel together. I would think a married couple with different C&A levels would expect the same. What do you do, leave your spouse in the cabin while you go and enjoy the lounge?

Ernie

LOL what do you think?

I figured as much, but hey, I have seen some posts where people are pretty peeved about their "perks" being taken away. On another Board about the Diamond Lounge one person said they would cancel their cruise if they didn't get free mixed drinks at the Diamond Lounge - AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can think of a lot of reasons to have to cancel a cruise but a lack of free drinks is NOT on my top 10 :D

Actually, it is a "biggie" as overcrowding of the concierge lounge was Royal Caribbean's justification for kicking the Diamond members out this year!!

Okay, I am counting a b*ttload of cruises that you have been on and that is wonderful, but I will say again, many people can't afford the luxury of a vacation or a cruise because they or their spouse lost their job last year and maybe even their home, so I think we should all just get a little perspective and consider ourselves blessed that life has been good to us and we can afford to go on vacations and cruises. Always look for the silver lining and so you don't get a few free drinks thrown down your gullet? All is not lost, you are on a cruise, enjoy :)

Earlier this year I sailed on LIBERTY OF THE SEAS with my brother. We shared a cabin, and I am Diamond and he is Gold. It was never a problem to bring him into the lounge with me. We are sailing together on OASIS as well, and again I expect to bring him into the lounge with me. I understand if he doesn't have access to enter on his own, but as long as he is with me he should be able to enter.

I feel I should be entitled to bring my traveling companion (the person I share the cabin with) into the Diamond Lounge with me. What am I supposed to do, go in there alone? My partner of 13 years is only Platinum. He doesn't always cruise with me but I would fully expect to bring him into the lounge with me when we travel together. I would think a married couple with different C&A levels would expect the same. What do you do, leave your spouse in the cabin while you go and enjoy the lounge?

Ernie

EXACTLY :) Besides folks (those of you poo pooing people bringing their guest into your private "club"), it's just a few free drinks, embrace life, let it go, move on ;), go ride the Flowrider, take a zip across the zip line, climb a rock wall, breeeeeaaaaaatttthhhhhhheeeeee - OHMMMMMMMM - fine your chi, your inner child, whatever is takes to unclench;)

Married spouses are automatically given the equivalent levels in Crown and Anchor Society. If a married spouse has not been given the higher level,they only need to contact RCL.

Again, the Diamond Club is a "reward" from RCL for having sailed at least 10 cruises with Royal Caribbean==as it has been discussed on CC on infinitem, this is a perk/a gift similar to a frequent flyer program. And the Diamond (private=meaning for members only) Club is not all about the free alcohol; just ask a Diamond member who has been provided with a "Diamond Event" with free alcohol in place of their previous access to the Concierge Lounge. Their complaint is not due to the lack of alcohol!

Married spouses are automatically given the equivalent levels in Crown and Anchor Society.

As a gay man with a Domestic Partner of 13 years, I expect to be provided the same courtesies as a married couple. The fact is myself and my partner have been together longer then a lot of marriages.

Don't get me started on discriminatory practices. So long as RCI continues to treat myself and traveling companion as they have, then I don't have any problems. They have always treated me fairly and with respect.

Ernie

Married spouses are automatically given the equivalent levels in Crown and Anchor Society. If a married spouse has not been given the higher level,they only need to contact RCL.

Again, the Diamond Club is a "reward" from RCL for having sailed at least 10 cruises with Royal Caribbean==as it has been discussed on CC on infinitem, this is a perk/a gift similar to a frequent flyer program. And the Diamond (private=meaning for members only) Club is not all about the free alcohol; just ask a Diamond member who has been provided with a "Diamond Event" with free alcohol in place of their previous access to the Concierge Lounge. Their complaint is not due to the lack of alcohol!

As are all family members of the household under the age of 18.

Their complaint is not due to the lack of alcohol!

Sure seems that way when someone says that if ALL they get is free wine and champagne they will cancel their cruise on the Oasis. And to the whole "private" thang I say "clubs schmubs", there are more important things in this world than being part of a "private club".

Take for example, the kitten we saved today. He found himself at a kill only shelter in Brazoria County, slated for death and to add insult to injury, his tail has been degloved and for those not savvy on vet speak, that means the skin and surrounding tissue is GONE. So, forgive me if I find little sympathy for someone who has been on SO many cruises they are considered Diamond members and now some of those "perks" have been taken away. Ummm, boo hoo

Just sign me the "Crazy Animal Rescuer"

As a gay man with a Domestic Partner of 13 years, I expect to be provided the same courtesies as a married couple. The fact is myself and my partner have been together longer then a lot of marriages.

Don't get me started on discriminatory practices. So long as RCI continues to treat myself and traveling companion as they have, then I don't have any problems. They have always treated me fairly and with respect.

Ernie

I agree with you 100% Ernie. I don't know many traditional marriages (whatever that means) that have lasted as long as yours so, KUDOS and congrats for having found your soul mate :)

I agree with you 100% Ernie. I don't know many traditional marriages (whatever that means) that have lasted as long as yours so, KUDOS and congrats for having found your soul mate :)

Thank you!

Ernie

Sure seems that way when someone says that if ALL they get is free wine and champagne they will cancel their cruise on the Oasis. And to the whole "private" thang I say "clubs schmubs", there are more important things in this world than being part of a "private club".

Take for example, the kitten we saved today. He found himself at a kill only shelter in Brazoria County, slated for death and to add insult to injury, his tail has been degloved and for those not savvy on vet speak, that means the skin and surrounding tissue is GONE. So, forgive me if I find little sympathy for someone who has been on SO many cruises they are considered Diamond members and now some of those "perks" have been taken away. Ummm, boo hoo

Just sign me the "Crazy Animal Rescuer"

The person who said they would cancel was me. I don't want to fly across the country and pay twice as much for a cruise where I feel deprived because RCI decided to nickle and dime their frequent cruisers by changing the 'perks' - coupon book included.

The story about the cat made my stomach queasy - but what does that have to do with access to the Concierge or Diamond lounge?

The person who said they would cancel was me. I don't want to fly across the country and pay twice as much for a cruise where I feel deprived because RCI decided to nickle and dime their frequent cruisers by changing the 'perks' - coupon book included.

The story about the cat made my stomach queasy - but what does that have to do with access to the Concierge or Diamond lounge?

The gist of that story is PERSPECTIVE, while some bitch about not getting their perks, others are suffering and in ways that you could only imagine in your worst nightmare. We have been involved in animal rescue for 14 years and in those years we have seen things that would make you cry and haunt your dreams. SOOOOOOOOO, when I see someone complain about "perks" when they can afford an awesome cruise to begin with, I think their values/priorities are a bit skewed and it just seems a bit petty. Not trying to be a Beeyach or anything but we are the ones out there day in and day out 24/7 picking of the pieces of the broken lives because people think animals are disposable. Bottom line, some have it MUCH worse than you :( Embrace life, enjoy the things you have and don't sweat the small stuff.

We just returnrd from the 12/12 sailing of the Oasis and on the first and second night, the Diamond concierge, Ricardo, was checking guests sea pass cards to make sure those entering were indeed Diamond. After that he would recognize us and would not ask. I did see him turn people away and even told some that they would need to go back to their room and get their sea pass cards to show him. Never did see those people come back.

Could someone clarify I thought it was any family member living at same adress Gets same level as highest family member no age limit.My daughter age 20 lives at home has been on 6 .cruises My wife and I are diamond going on Oasis our first D cruise. 20 and 17 yr old are in our cabin . I thought they automaticaly become diamond with Us,

I don't think we should be apologizing for wanting the perks. RCI is a big corporation and uses these Gold, Platinum, Diamond levels to drive loyalty and repeat business. If we live up to our end of the deal and return, then they should live up to their end and offer the advertised perks.

Archived