Dream was so bad we got off in St. Thomas

Cruisenut1966

Yes, you read it right. We was on the Christmas cruise this week and asked if we could get off in St. Thomas and they said yes. They refunded unused portion of cruise and they flew us back to Orlando. I know what people say about one persons opinion, but everyone I spoke to on the cruise were just as unhappy. This was my 5th cruise on Carnival so I know what they are about, but they just don't get it on this one.

First off let me say, if you are thinking of getting a spa cabin, don't waist your money. You can buy it when you get on and so many people did just that. We were told when we went on the spa tour that they would sell only 40 extra spa passes to passengers that didn't have access. Now having said that, they have went above and beyond with the spa. It is wonderful, until they sold so many day and week passes that yo could not enjoy any of it.

The food was good, when you could get it. All you've read about the lines are true. I went on board knowing what I've read on here about lines, and they are true. The worst thing was they have other lines in the gathering, (that what it's called) but knowing it would be crowded like when you get back on board from island first thing you do is go eat, most of the time, went back there and 2 lines open and 3800 people trying to eat, not going to work. Pizza is good, when you could get it. Poor guy worked in there by himself and he couldn't keep up.

And if you have a cabin on the 12th floor, kids running all day on the floor above back and fourth to the slide. If you wanted some quite time in your room during day, forget it. The design of the ship, they were not thinking. On lido were you line up for burgers and dogs the mens restroom is right there and you had to walk thru the line to get in and out.

And for all you Corona beer lovers. They will not give you a bottle anywhere on the ship. They pour it in a plastic cup on deck which I understand, but in all bars as well. Was told it was a safety issue then told it was a recycle issue, (like I was gonna throw my bottles over board.

Anyway, I know most people aren't gonna like what I've said here. Maybe they will figure it out at some point. Like Carnival, but will Not go back on the Dream!!

OP, sorry your cruise was such a disappointment. I'm actually glad you used the vacation guarantee instead of staying on and coming here to whine and whine and whine some more. Sounds like this ship has some serious issues to work out. You know, you are not reading complaints like this about the Oasis. I was on the Mariner of the Seas last month, which is the same size as the Dream, and didn't experience any of these issues. Carnival is making the ships bigger, but not the public areas. Good luck with your next cruise, and hope you're able to salvage your vacation.

Sounds like you did not have a good time on your cruise. Not at all surprised at your complaints. They have all been reported many times. Better luck next time.

No trying to hijack but how many of those sea days in your signature were Navy:confused:

Yes, you read it right. We was on the Christmas cruise this week and asked if we could get off in St. Thomas and they said yes. They refunded unused portion of cruise and they flew us back to Orlando. I know what people say about one persons opinion, but everyone I spoke to on the cruise were just as unhappy. This was my 5th cruise on Carnival so I know what they are about, but they just don't get it on this one.

First off let me say, if you are thinking of getting a spa cabin, don't waist your money. You can buy it when you get on and so many people did just that. We were told when we went on the spa tour that they would sell only 40 extra spa passes to passengers that didn't have access. Now having said that, they have went above and beyond with the spa. It is wonderful, until they sold so many day and week passes that yo could not enjoy any of it.

The food was good, when you could get it. All you've read about the lines are true. I went on board knowing what I've read on here about lines, and they are true. The worst thing was they have other lines in the gathering, (that what it's called) but knowing it would be crowded like when you get back on board from island first thing you do is go eat, most of the time, went back there and 2 lines open and 3800 people trying to eat, not going to work. Pizza is good, when you could get it. Poor guy worked in there by himself and he couldn't keep up.

And if you have a cabin on the 12th floor, kids running all day on the floor above back and fourth to the slide. If you wanted some quite time in your room during day, forget it. The design of the ship, they were not thinking. On lido were you line up for burgers and dogs the mens restroom is right there and you had to walk thru the line to get in and out.

And for all you Corona beer lovers. They will not give you a bottle anywhere on the ship. They pour it in a plastic cup on deck which I understand, but in all bars as well. Was told it was a safety issue then told it was a recycle issue, (like I was gonna throw my bottles over board.

Anyway, I know most people aren't gonna like what I've said here. Maybe they will figure it out at some point. Like Carnival, but will Not go back on the Dream!!

Sorry you did not enjoy the cruise.

We just did the 9 day (we had a Spa Cabin) on Deck 11 and loved it. We never heard anyone on the slides....

It was never crowded (perhaps because it was a 9 day cruise and that gave folks 2 extra days to do stuff).

There were 3,804 passengers on board our sailing (600+ Platinum guests)....and the only line we had to eat on Lido was waiting for the Mongolian Wok....well worth it.

We never had a line for the Pasta bar, pizza or burgers. I did not eat at the deli. Hubby ate at the Indian food (starts with a T) and loved it...no waiting.

The buffets were consistant with any other Carnival ship we have been on.

Hope your next cruise is better....

Really!....Nine days.... and I must say .....I did not stand in any lines....my hubby stood in line once for the Mongolian grill.

We tend to eat in the MDR for Breakfast, lunch (when open) and Dinner. We did have the Tandori twice for lunch....no one in line...just us!

And .....once the "Lime" is in the beer bottle....you can not place in the recycle bin.....no... they don't think you will pitch them overboard :rolleyes:

I'm truly sorry you sailed with over 3000 people who all chose to eat at the same time and in the same place!

We were on the Dream on the 9 day inaugural cruise and our cabin was on the spa deck. Cabin 12216 and occasionally we did here people on the water slides but not loud enough to bother us and our room was the last one by the door to the deck.

14 years sea duty of 22 Navy. 7 Merchant Service. 5 Live aboad cruising sailer and 7 Carnival cruises. Its always a great when you are are sea.

I have a few days of sea duty as well

I definately agree LOVE THE BIG BLUE

If you didnt have any service time I was going to bow in your presence as if you had been on that many cruises you must be exalted:D

No ....because it will make those who want limes jealous of your bottle.... :confused: :D

LOL! Seriously I don't think even Carnival knows why they do what they do at times......when we were on the Elation inside a lounge I ordered a Dos Equis and they poured it into a glass:confused: glass not plastic.......

I said whoa there amigo......no I don't want it in a glass and he tells me.....it's the law:cool: ***** the law:confused:

Well needless to say no more Dos Equis on Carnival for me.........

Other lines we have never had a problem........there is no rhyme or reason that's for sure........

No ....because it will make those who want limes jealous of your bottle.... :confused: :D

Is the beer so bad it needs a lime to cover it up?

OP- Sorry you didn't enjoy this cruise. It's nice to see that the Carnival guarantee works.

:confused: " We was on..."

I think I'll just bite my tongue on this one, and hope it wasn't written by a voting, child rearing adult.

This is a really rude comment. You never know if English is a persons first language or not and even if it is, why deliver such a put down.

Sounds like you got the vacaton you planned. I suspect your intentions were to disembark and get flown home.......There is no way the things you mentioned would cause anyone else to cx their cruise...unless of course, you are the clampettes!!!

Oh my gosh!! This is so incredibly rude. The folks didn't enjoy their cruise, so they used the guarantee that Carnival offers for this express purpose, so what's the problem?

Sorry you did not enjoy the cruise.

We sail Nov 2010 and it's are first cruise. I do hope that Carnival will resolve these problems quickly. I had the chioce of Dream or Oasis and decided to give Carnival my money. I do hope Carnival and Dream does not make me regret my decision.

For the OP, did Carnival try to rectify any problems you were having or did they just say okay, you can get off the ship?

I know there are problems with lines on the Lido but you can eat in the dining room everyday for breakfast and for lunch on sea days. Did you feel that all the little things added up to make it unbearable or was there one big thing that happened that made you want to get off the ship?

We were on deck 11 and had no problems with noise from the slides. So sorry your cruise was such a disappointment. Hope you can get past it and have a Merry Christmas.

Honestly folks, is it REALLY that bad? My whole family (10 of us) are going this summer on the Dream for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. We most always cruise on RCCL (have done CCL, DCL, and NCL), but are giving this a try due to price and ports. I realize you can always read bad reviews on all ships, but I don't remember reading this many (or so it seems) about a new ship and especially on the Carnival boards. I want this trip to be so nice for my family (the others have only been on one prior cruise). I also know that any day on a cruise is better than at home or work.

Sewage smells, long lines, poor service, etc.... Just doesn't sound right. Is there someone at CCL we can contact to see what they might be doing to correct these problems, if in fact, they are true?

Please help me feel better!

.....so.....lets see.........there were lines..........kids ran to the slide.......they took your beer bottles.........and so you got off..........:confused::rolleyes::confused:

Archived