Cabin pics and tips....

nobody000

What ship is that on? Is this a room they even put on their website? I've never seen/heard of it. We're booked on the Spirit in a grand suite, but yours is still even bigger than that.

This was on the Ecstasy. These rooms are only on a few of the Fantasy class ships and not offered on the website or through a PVP. I was contacted by a guest relations person about upgrading. I knew they were there as I'd seen pics before, and was thrilled to get to try it out!

I am getting ready to book on the Spirit 11/28 sailing. ES is $479 for an OV (6A) or $509 for an obstructed view balcony (7A). I'm leaning towards the 7A, but was wondering just how obstructed the view is. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by amc80
typo

I am getting ready to book on the Spirit 11/28 sailing. ES is $479 for an OV (6A) or $509 for an obstructed view balcony (7A). I'm leaning towards the 7A, but was wondering just how obstructed the view is. Thanks in advance for any advice.

What difference does it make how obstructed it is? You're getting a balcony for only 30 a person more! That's a steal! Go for it. Obstructed usually means lifeboats beside or under but you still have a view and can sit outside.

Pat

What difference does it make how obstructed it is? You're getting a balcony for only 30 a person more! That's a steal! Go for it. Obstructed usually means lifeboats beside or under but you still have a view and can sit outside.

Pat

I know, and $30 is nothing...but, the one balcony I had was an extended balcony, so that's what I'm used to. I don't want to show up to my room and have a view of a lifeboat, whereas with an OV I could have view of actual ocean.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit.php

Here is a site where you can compare decks and drag a deck over another one to see if your cabin is above or below something such as pools, Lido Deck, etc.

Thanks for posting this site. It's awesome. I actually cut out the floor above me from a second brochure to line it up over my floor to see what was above me because we are under the gym and I wanted to now if I was under treadmills - turns out I'm under an empty space that turns out to be the spa offices!!

Thanks for posting

debbie :)

Edited by purpleblanket

I have a stupid question that I've been trying to figure out on my own....

What is that brown thing that is on almost every bed that I've seen in pictures? It looks like it might be leatherish? :confused:

It's put across the bed so that your suitcase won't soil the bedspread. You can remove it after unpacking, roll it up and stick it in the closet.

The people that design the cabins on Carnival Ships must be Tennessee fans..so much orange...

It isn't really an "orange" even though it seems to come off that way in photos....It's more a soft peachy kind of color. Here's a picture of a Cat 12 on Fascination with and without a flash...you can see the difference.

DSC00466-2.JPG

DSC00459-3.JPG

DSC00463-4.JPG

Edited by G'ma

Sailing on Glory in March in #7367 on the Empress deck. Anyone have pictures of similar on Glory or any other Conquest class?

Here is a site where you can compare decks and drag a deck over another one to see if your cabin is above or below something such as pools, Lido Deck, etc.

Sadly, this site requires a paid membership in order to use the drag & drop feature. Looks like it has great info, just not sure it's worth the money or the hassle of signing up.

Thank you anyway for posting. I'm sure there are some folk who will join & get a lot of use out of it.

Sailing on Glory in March in #7367 on the Empress deck. Anyone have pictures of similar on Glory or any other Conquest class?

Sadly, this site requires a paid membership in order to use the drag & drop feature. Looks like it has great info, just not sure it's worth the money or the hassle of signing up.

Thank you anyway for posting. I'm sure there are some folk who will join & get a lot of use out of it.

I just tried this site and was able to load the page and drag the deck plans, without any cost.

Edited by Brizzygirl

Anbody have a picture of the "Deluxe Oceanview" on the Dream?

Deck 2 - Main. #2443

I booked it yesterday, it has 2 bathrooms, one with a small tub, sink, and toilet. The other shower, sink and toilet. I can't wait to see it! lol!

I know, but Bookworm77 thought there was a cost to see the deck plans. It's misleading, the site says you have to pay $9.99, when in fact you don't.:)

For anybody that wants to know, I paid for subscription & I use the site regularly. To me it is worth the one-time cost to sign up. It was better before they made changes but for those that sail Carnival, you need a paid membership to be able to open the list of specifics about a certain cabin. Not all cruiselines or ships have it but Carnival does and it comes in really handy as it tells you the bed configuration, if its adjoining, the balcony size and square footage of your cabin etc. Pretty handy tool and worth the cost to me. For example, I looked up my extended aft balcony I had on the Spirit and this is what it shows:

Cabin 6264 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: no

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

It was better before they made changes but for those that sail Carnival, you need a paid membership to be able to open the list of specifics about a certain cabin.

Ah, It is Carnival that we are sailing and I was trying to see. As this is only our 2nd cruise in 5 years I'm not really sure it's worth the cost to us. But thank you anyway (and thank you for clarifying the cost issue).

I see in the pictures that some of you had the couch that makes into a bed. How comfortable was it? (the couch)

More comfortable than any sofa sleeper I had ever been on.

But then again...my son is who slept on it. LOL

He said it was not bad though, just too short for him, he is 6'4" and everything is too short for him if he lays out straight.

For anybody that wants to know, I paid for subscription & I use the site regularly. To me it is worth the one-time cost to sign up. It was better before they made changes but for those that sail Carnival, you need a paid membership to be able to open the list of specifics about a certain cabin. Not all cruiselines or ships have it but Carnival does and it comes in really handy as it tells you the bed configuration, if its adjoining, the balcony size and square footage of your cabin etc. Pretty handy tool and worth the cost to me. For example, I looked up my extended aft balcony I had on the Spirit and this is what it shows:

Cabin 6264 (8I OST3) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed rab:0

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: no

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

You can actually get the exact same info here http://www.bookccl.com/irman/ for free.....:)