Do I dare? Please give me input?

I am cruising on Oasis in October and a decent flight price on a direct flight from my home airport puts me landing at 1:20pm on the day of sailing. Do I have time to get luggage, get to port and make the time requirement to board the ship. To fly in the night before with the hotel costs it is $80 more and we would get into hotel Saturday morning at 1:00am. Please give me your advice. Should I pay the extra 80 for the peace of mind that there would be no chance of missing the sailing time.

$80 will give you more than peace of mind.....It will also allow you to just ENJOY your trip from the time you leave your home to the time you get back. Why would you want to go on vacation and have to RUSH ANYWHERE. Not me. I enjoy my vacation so much more when I just "cruise" to my airport and "cruise" to my cruise ship.

Not only that but what if you miss your cruise.....how much would you lose out on? being the Oasis I'm sure it's over $2000 maybe even over $3000 and if not it you might have gotten it just under $2000.

Booking this early for October will just get you lots of changes before you go. That flight could be cancelled or changed to a later time. It happens all the time.

I'm going in October also, but usually book my flights late summer. I'm going down on Thursday because I've had flight problems on previous cruises.

Judy

I am cruising on Oasis in October and a decent flight price on a direct flight from my home airport puts me landing at 1:20pm on the day of sailing. Do I have time to get luggage, get to port and make the time requirement to board the ship. To fly in the night before with the hotel costs it is $80 more and we would get into hotel Saturday morning at 1:00am. Please give me your advice. Should I pay the extra 80 for the peace of mind that there would be no chance of missing the sailing time.

HECK YES:eek:

YES, I would!! We have already had airlines change the times months in advance of flying, and there is nothing you can do. So go down a day early and enjoy!!

P.S. We are flying in one day early for our cruise (on Oasis) in August and can't wait!!!

In theory, yes, you could make it, IF everything goes perfectly. But a flight delay or cancellation, traffic accident, lost baggage, whatever, and you will be wishing you spent a mere $80 more to fly in the night before.

I am cruising on Oasis in October and a decent flight price on a direct flight from my home airport puts me landing at 1:20pm on the day of sailing. Do I have time to get luggage, get to port and make the time requirement to board the ship. To fly in the night before with the hotel costs it is $80 more and we would get into hotel Saturday morning at 1:00am. Please give me your advice. Should I pay the extra 80 for the peace of mind that there would be no chance of missing the sailing time.[/

The airlines are so messed up now. I would go for the peace of mind.;)

I am very thrifty but even for me it is a no brainer - fly in the day before. It is not worth risking the what it would cost to catch up with the ship if you were delayed. Plus the peace of mind is easily worth $80.00 and being able to sleep in the day of the cruise also has some benefits.

Better go down the night before. TSA changes can mean longer lines and delays. If your luggage does not get there on time that Sunday what a hassle. We new people on a cruise that lost their luggage and later found it on the tarmac wet and ruined. You do not want problems.

Archived