Sunshine Skyway Bridge Tampa Fl

plyman69

Anyone here know what time the ship passes under the bridge... i here its a beautiful thing to see and to have your camera at the ready...

Thanks again

Approximately 2hrs.15min. on our Nov.1 cruise. Unfortunately at this time of year it`s dark if your cruise departs at 5pm.

Rich

I use to live in Florida. I have driven over that bridge so many times I can't count. The first few times going over was a little scary as it is so high. I leave on the Legend in March and can't wait until I go under it. I heard it is a sight to see.

Linda

Hi,

We have cruised twice on the Inspiration, out of Tampa. First time, November 2008 and then March 2009.

In November, it was dark by the time we went under the bridge. I was in my cabin and looked out the window as we passed under the bridge. I wanted to shoot a few photos of the bridge, but I was too late. The bridge was very well lit and would have photographed nicely.

In March, there was still daylight when we passed under the bridge and I did not miss the photo opportunity. I will paste a photo here for you. It is a wonderful sight as you pass under the span!

Lee

4262624754_1cfc878718_m.jpg

If the ships depart at the normal time (4 - 4:30) then you'll pass under the Skyway Bridge about 6:30 or 7. As noted above, on the return trip, you've got to get up VERY EARLY to see the bridge. Usually about 3 or 4 in the morning. We always dine "early" and are always in the dining room when we pass under the bridge. (No problem, I've lived in the Tampa area for a long, long time, and have passed under it lots of times.) :D

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

The Skyway Bridge was the reason we decided to port out of Tampa, even though we live in Tennessee. I have crossed the bridge every summer for all of my life.....beginning with the single original bridge.

We cruised on Inspiration on the Oct. 5th, 2009 sailing. That day, we went under the bridge at 6:05 pm (ET). Coming back in on Saturday, Oct. 10th, the lights from Anna Maria Island woke me up so I was able to be to the bridge area of the ship in time to see it again at 4:10 am (ET).

It was well worth it! I'm blessed with a lot of beautiful pictures and a world of memories. :)

Was on the legend this past week, just got home yesterday. We departed a few minutes late and got under it around 6:45 or so. I braved the 35 degree weather out on the top deck to get a video. I'll have to post it when I get some time.

Just got off the legend yesterday. Braved the 36 degree windy upper deck last sunday to watch us pass under. We left a few minutes late out of the port and passed under around 6:45pm. Jen, the CD said, I believe there is 5-6 ft clearance from the highest point on the ship to the lowest point on the bridge. I shot a video of it, I'll have to post it when I get some more time.

Archived