Prinsendam 2005 World Tour... it has begun

Grumpy1

[/center]

Hey, let's not rush things... Slinkie and Grumpy are just sailing away from Half Moon Cay... Still have about 14 hours before FLL and a couple of hours to disembark.... It ain't over 'til it's over...

Grumpy and Slinkie

SAIL ON SAIL ON GREAT SHIP SLINKIEDAM!!!!!!!!

YEAH GRUMPY!!!!!!

Let me add my thanks to the others. Your generous sharing of your trip has brightened many a day, and I hope someday our paths cross. Would you consider wearing Slinky and Grumpy tee-shirts around town next February in Naples? We'll be there for a few weeks on vacation.

Oh my goodness...............I think I see a TUG BOAT approaching the docks!! Could it be the famous WORLD CRUISERS.........Grumpy & Slinkie.........by gosh it's them. ship.gif I also see 4 .....U-Haul Trucks lined up to load all their purchases!!

welcomeflag.jpg Travalers

Grumpy and Slinkie,

Along with nearly all the cruising world, it seems, we have shared vicariously in your experiences as you reported them from day to day. You were so generous to take time from each day in order to share with all of us who waited for your happy updates. Thank you so much. It was wonderful to really experience so much through your eyes. I too have made copies of your photos and we will take them along on the Rotterdam on our cruise to the Norwegian Fjords in June. I hope you will be watching for photos of Flat Grumpy and Slinkie from all over the other parts of the world now!

It should be a great tribute to the two of you as they all start finding their way back to you! God Bless........and Happy Homecoming.

Welcome home, always nice to get home safe & sound. But in about 2 weeks the wanderlust starts again and have to plan a trip.

Hope you do to so we can read all about it, Thanks again, MaryAnn:D

Hello All,

Until now, I have mostly been a lurker on this thread.

But now, I am coming out of the closet.

It is now 10:15 am, the Prisendam has arrived in Ft. Lauderdale, and I am sitting next to Slinkie and Grumpy1 in the Queen's Lounge.

They are awaiting disembarkation.

Slinkie and Grumpy, as the World Cruise Marketing Manager for Holland America, may I wish you a Happy Landing, safe trip home, and extend many thanks for the most outstanding thread keeping me in the loop the entire trip!

I have had the honor of sailing with them for a few select days during this year's trip and let me tell you, they are just as friendly and interesting in person.

Thanks again!

Steve

'Slinkie and Grumpy, as the World Cruise Marketing Manager for Holland America, may I wish you a Happy Landing, safe trip home, and extend many thanks for the most outstanding thread keeping me in the loop the entire trip!" Steve

Steve,

Slinkie and Grumpy have been the best advertisement for HAL's World Cruise--made your job easier, haven't they? We all want to take one now.

"Welcome Home and many thanks Slinkie and Grumpy.":)

Grumpy1,

Thank you for all the time and effort you have taken to share your world cruise with us. I will be a first time cruiser in August to Alaska on the Veendam for my 25th wedding anniversary. Your thread has opened my eyes to the many wonders to enjoy in this beautiful world.

Welcome back to reality, but you will always have these wonderful memories of a world cruise. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Many happy future cruises to you and your lovely Slinky.

Brenda

as the World Cruise Marketing Manager for Holland America

Steve, I'm so envious. Not only have you met Grumpy and Slinky, but you have my dream job! I'm going to grad school this fall to get my MBA so I can follow in your footsteps! CCL's job opportunities are located in Miami though, hmm...;)

Ejbmorr, I think you will be getting on the Rotterdam soon after I will be disembarking! I'll be taking Grumpy and Slinky with me through Italy, Greece, Turkey, France, Spain, Portugal, and for a final stop in Dover/Gatwick...You take 'em up north! :D

What an adventure! It has been really a unique thread ... following Grumpy1 and Slinkie all around the world.

Now I'm just wondering how wobbly their knees will be (and for how long) after being on a ship since mid-January!

CRUZON:

Thank you for sharing that lovely poem. I am sure that Grumpy and Slinky will love it.

What a wonderful tribute to them and their World Cruise. A wonderfun momento for them.

Again thanks for sharing. Thanks to all of the others also for their sharings and a special thanks to Grumpy for his "famous" writings of their World Cruise. I will miss his writings. I hope when he posts to other threads, that he will let us know so that we can continue to read his humor.

Thanks BJ

I can't help but hope that HAL have let you take at least one full cruise gratis - I mean they couldn't expect you to market something if you've not fully experienced it... (At least this is what I'd say if I had your job ;) ...)

At any rate, I expect that our intrepid travellers are home now, so welcome home Slinkie and Grumpy! I trust that your journey was even more incredible in real life than it was online!

CCL's job opportunities are located in Miami though, hmm...

Not being a fan of the heat, I'll take Seattle any day. (OK, a lot of rain, but I'd rather be wet from rain than perspiration ;) .)

Damn nuisance that no cruise lines are based in New York any more... I mean, I live in the epicenter of passenger shipping - trouble is, it stopped being that about a decade before I was born!

After parking my 4-wheeler:) (aka Grumpy's Buick), I joined the limo drivers at the Port Everglades Terminal carrying my "Grumpy1 & Slinkie" sign ...

Needless tosay, quite a few people who were also waiting for disembarking passengers wondered who in the world I was meeting! Telling them about the world travellers helped kill time while waiting. Since they had local transportation they were "at the bottom of the food chain" to disembark.

It's been a fantastic voyage, and I'm now giving them time to unwind, unpack, etc., and still looking forward to seeing all their goodies.

Lynnaldo

Now I'm just wondering how wobbly their knees will be (and for how long) after being on a ship since mid-January!

I always take some time to get my landlubber legs back when I disembark after only three weeks and they stay with me for several days. I have never spoken with anyone else who seems to have the same feeling of swaying back and forth. I figured I must be alone with this feeling, maybe I am not!

Welcome home Grumpy and Slinkie. Now, what will I do to fill my days when there isn't a new exciting account of the days' activities and shore adventures. It has been a great four months not only for you but for all of us following you around the world. I'm depressed already.

After parking my 4-wheeler:) (aka Grumpy's Buick), I joined the limo drivers at the Port Everglades Terminal carrying my "Grumpy1 & Slinkie" sign ...

Needless tosay, quite a few people who were also waiting for disembarking passengers wondered who in the world I was meeting! Telling them about the world travellers helped kill time while waiting. Since they had local transportation they were "at the bottom of the food chain" to disembark.

It's been a fantastic voyage, and I'm now giving them time to unwind, unpack, etc., and still looking forward to seeing all their goodies.

Lynnaldo

Thanks Lynnaldo for letting us know they are home safe and sound! I bet it was a challenge to load the car hehehe :)

Slinkie and Grumpy --- Thanks for the wonderful trip through your eyes. I know that all of us would love to do that World Cruise but - can't for one reason or the other. God Bless and I hope it doesn't take to long to unpack. Penny

Grumpy and Slinkie, thankyou so much for letting us all tag along. It was fun and informative. I am glad you arrived home safely.

Annieeee

Ziggy 7,

I am leaving on the 10th of June for a quick 9 night cruise. I do have room for Flat Slinkie and Grumpy. If they are already booked for that time, I will be cruising again in Oct and November.

Annieeee

Steve, I'm so envious. Not only have you met Grumpy and Slinky, but you have my dream job! I'm going to grad school this fall to get my MBA so I can follow in your footsteps! CCL's job opportunities are located in Miami though, hmm...;)

Ejbmorr, I think you will be getting on the Rotterdam soon after I will be disembarking! I'll be taking Grumpy and Slinky with me through Italy, Greece, Turkey, France, Spain, Portugal, and for a final stop in Dover/Gatwick...You take 'em up north! :D

Classynfun1,

If you have a nice "Flat Grumpy and Slinkie" and would like to leave them at the Front Desk for us, that would be really great. Otherwise we will take the ones my poor printer mustered up. Either way will be fine, so don't hesitate to keep yours with you on your homebound trip if you are sentimental about it.

Have a wonderful Mediterranean cruise. We did all but Turkey on the Oosterdam in her '03 Inaugural season. Its outstanding!

Grumpy and Slinkie, thankyou so much for letting us all tag along. It was fun and informative. I am glad you arrived home safely.

Annieeee

Ziggy 7,

I am leaving on the 10th of June for a quick 9 night cruise. I do have room for Flat Slinkie and Grumpy. If they are already booked for that time, I will be cruising again in Oct and November.

Annieeee

Ok Annieeee, email me at ziggysmoney@yahoo.com. with your home address and I will mail them to you when I get back on the June 4th, I live in Calif, so time will be an issue if your too far away, otherwise I can email you the pictures I used and you can make your own, either way let me know ok :) And thanks for offering to take Our Grumpy & Skinkie with you!

Ok Annieeee, email me at ziggysmoney@yahoo.com. with your home address and I will mail them to you when I get back on the June 4th, I live in Calif, so time will be an issue if your too far away, otherwise I can email you the pictures I used and you can make your own, either way let me know ok :) And thanks for offering to take Our Grumpy & Skinkie with you!

We are boarding the Prinsendam Nov. 25, 2005 to the Amazon and wonder if they would like a return trip up the Amazon.

Crusinggranny

Archived