The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hey you guys - I have a question. I have the Residence Inn reserved for a pre-cruise one night stay in November. I was reading that their shuttle doesn't start until 11:30am? Can anyone confirm this? I suppose DH and I can just take a reasonabley priced cab to the ship? I know, I know...11:30 is actually probably a fine time to leave the hotel but you know...we get excited. Also - how is their system back? I hope I made a good choice in hotels. We wanted to be as close to the pier as we could to come back, hop in the car and head back on the road to Virginia.

Hey you guys - I have a question. I have the Residence Inn reserved for a pre-cruise one night stay in November. I was reading that their shuttle doesn't start until 11:30am? Can anyone confirm this? I suppose DH and I can just take a reasonabley priced cab to the ship? I know, I know...11:30 is actually probably a fine time to leave the hotel but you know...we get excited. Also - how is their system back? I hope I made a good choice in hotels. We wanted to be as close to the pier as we could to come back, hop in the car and head back on the road to Virginia.

Can't help you on the shuttle but we stayed there last month and loved it. the room was huge and clean. The breakfast in the morning was way more than we expected from fresh scrambled eggs (much better than on the ship!), oatmeal, fresh baked waffles, cereal, fruits and much more....

As far as the shuttle goes if it doens't leave until 11:30 you will completely bypass the zones and the long wait to get on the ship. We did this quite by accident and when we arrived at the pier sometime about 11:00 - 11:30 we were checked in within a few minutes and then walked onto the ship. They were done with the boarding by zones at that time... A definate plus in my opinion and we still headed to the pasta bar with no wait...

Look just drop Sarah, GM a quick note and she will be more than happy to help answer any questions - she is great about her emails

Sarah.OShea@marriott.com

Yes, Sarah is fantastic and very responsive although I'm a bit confused more than I was before. I have booked the cruise package. Although I see that it says on their website that parking onsite is complimentary and that a cruise shuttle is offered for $6pp roundtrip. Ok - got that.

Here is where the dilemna lies. I emailed her verifying that my husband could qualify for the current military/government rate without being on orders. She said that that was fine. Well - that would drop our rate from $179 to $99 without the cruise package...Ok - that's significant enough for me to pay for the shuttle or cab. However - she said that we would have to pay $7 a day for parking. But - no where on their website does it say you have to pay for parking even for cruisers. It says - parking is complimentary and the shuttle is what I stated above.

So - I left it at the other higher rate but I'm thinking...this sucks. Anybody know the parking situation at this place?

As far as the shuttle goes if it doens't leave until 11:30 you will completely bypass the zones and the long wait to get on the ship. We did this quite by accident and when we arrived at the pier sometime about 11:00 - 11:30 we were checked in within a few minutes and then walked onto the ship. They were done with the boarding by zones at that time... A definate plus in my opinion and we still headed to the pasta bar with no wait...

Did you take the shuttle? Did you have to sign up for it? Were there are a lot of people taking it? Also - were they waiting for you when you got off the ship? Or did you have to wait?

I think I'm going to have an entire conversation with myself on this thread but the wheels in my head keep spinning. So - I had a thought.

I could take the $99 rate and then drive our car to the cruise and park for $4.99 a day with a reservation. This would be cheaper. What do you all think of this? Is it out of our way? Should we just stay with the cruise package at the Residence Inn? What do you all think?

Thanks for humoring me ;)

I think I'm going to have an entire conversation with myself on this thread but the wheels in my head keep spinning. So - I had a thought.

I could take the $99 rate and then drive our car to the cruise and park for $4.99 a day with a reservation. This would be cheaper. What do you all think of this? Is it out of our way? Should we just stay with the cruise package at the Residence Inn? What do you all think?

Thanks for humoring me ;)

Right next door at the Radisson, they have the park and cruise for $6.99 and if I can correct, they will match P&C prices

you can drop Joe P the manager a note and maybe he can explain it more to you

jpanackia@radissonport.com

Yes, Sarah is fantastic and very responsive although I'm a bit confused more than I was before. I have booked the cruise package. Although I see that it says on their website that parking onsite is complimentary and that a cruise shuttle is offered for $6pp roundtrip. Ok - got that.

Here is where the dilemna lies. I emailed her verifying that my husband could qualify for the current military/government rate without being on orders. She said that that was fine. Well - that would drop our rate from $179 to $99 without the cruise package...Ok - that's significant enough for me to pay for the shuttle or cab. However - she said that we would have to pay $7 a day for parking. But - no where on their website does it say you have to pay for parking even for cruisers. It says - parking is complimentary and the shuttle is what I stated above.

So - I left it at the other higher rate but I'm thinking...this sucks. Anybody know the parking situation at this place?

I just dropped Sarah a quick note to see if she can explain it better and I will post what she writes back and just maybe that will help

Hugsssssssssssss

just me:)

I e-mailed Joe P a e-mail today with no reply as of yet,so good luck. As for the Residence Inn it is a nice place. You can't get the Gov. rate and free parking too. I have 6 in my group and had a hard time getting a good deal. Yesterday I booked the country Inn. You might want to get the gov. rate and just park at the 4.99 lot.

Just got the Hilton Cocoa Beach (on the beach) from Priceline for this Thursday night, prior to a Monarch sailing. We’ve stayed in a variety of hotels in the area, both on/near the beach and some closer to the port, but never stayed at this Hilton.

Will I be delighted or disappointed?

Thanks all -

Love the info I get here!

M

If you switch to the military rate, you are not paying the cruise package rate which I believe is what includes the free parking. Any other rate would include a per day parking fee.

YOu guys are great and I am hoping you can help me out.

We will be stopping in Port Canaveral on April 2, 2012 (Enchantment of Seas). We arrive at 10am and depart at 10pm. We want to visit the Aquatica park in Orlando for the afternoon. I have Busch Gardens Platinum passes so no admission or parking cost.

Having sailed from PC on both Disney and RCCL my memory is it is 60 - 75 minutes form Orlando. I found a very good rate with Hertz but will be returning the car after they close. It looks like the Residence Inn is close by (is that true). Would it be possible to walk over and grab a cab back to the port at say 8pm?

If not do you have any suggestions. Also, can anyone estimate the fare?

Thanks,

Barbara

If you switch to the military rate, you are not paying the cruise package rate which I believe is what includes the free parking. Any other rate would include a per day parking fee.

Yes, it will now. Before though, parking was complimentary with a one-night stay even with the military rate. That's ok though. Everyone says they like the hotel and since we can take the shuttle to the port it just makes it easier. We could pay the military rate and then park at one of the lower priced lots but I think we'll just stick with the original plan. However - if anyone wants to drive away with my 95,000 mile corolla....I wouldn't be disappointed ;)

Have you stayed at this hotel? I know we can stay at the Country inn and suites for less but I just think I"ll prefer the Marriott. It still comes out to cheaper than flying down or driving down and parking right at the cruise port.

Yes, it will now. Before though, parking was complimentary with a one-night stay even with the military rate. That's ok though. Everyone says they like the hotel and since we can take the shuttle to the port it just makes it easier. We could pay the military rate and then park at one of the lower priced lots but I think we'll just stick with the original plan. However - if anyone wants to drive away with my 95,000 mile corolla....I wouldn't be disappointed ;)

Have you stayed at this hotel? I know we can stay at the Country inn and suites for less but I just think I"ll prefer the Marriott. It still comes out to cheaper than flying down or driving down and parking right at the cruise port.

We haven't stayed there. We have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites though and thought it was very nice. In 20 days we will be staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Cocoa Beach. We wanted to be closer to the beach this time.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank you so much for a great thread. We are sailing to your

port end of Oct and first week of Nov on the NCL Jewel. We would

like to go to the beach at Jetty Park. Is this a calm beach?

Is there a bus we could take from the port or do we take a taxi?

Thank your again for a great thread with so much information.

Maureen

We haven't stayed there. We have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites though and thought it was very nice. In 20 days we will be staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Cocoa Beach. We wanted to be closer to the beach this time.

Enjoy your stay.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. If you have time when you return would you be so kind as to do a quick post your hotel stay. We will be there in Sept and have read some mixed reviews. Thanks in advance.

Travel safe and sail smooth.

Hello.

Thank you for the great info and websites in this thread. We will be there for the day in October on the Carnival Pride. While I did want to do Universal, it is just too much money at this time. Looks like the best option will be the Cocoa Beach area?

Enjoy your stay.

LOL, have a good time! The last time we stayed on the beach and this time wanted to be closer to the port :) Have a good time!

Coming off the Carnival Dream, what time do you ask the limo company to pick you up? We don't have an early flight out; in fact, we don't fly out until the next day and are not in a big hurry to get off the ship. Thanks to this thread and all your recommendations I booked with Michael at Executive VIP Limo, but can't figure out what time to give him for pickup. Thanks in advance!