Cagneys or La Bistro?

nseagirl

Amazing the overselling of NCL found here on CruiseCritic. I enjoy both Cagney's and Le Bistro, but there are easily a dozen better steakhouses in Southeast Florida.

ok...so don't cruise (???)

I've had much better food on land than I have on the sea, but that doesn't help the OP out with their question about which is best on a ship.

Amazing the overselling of NCL found here on CruiseCritic. I enjoy both Cagney's and Le Bistro, but there are easily a dozen better steakhouses in Southeast Florida.

Golly I don't think anyone is saying either is 5 star, Mortons class, but both are good with excellant service and atmosphere.. I guess if I felt the way you do I would just not waste money at either and stick with the MDRs or the cheappy Asians or Itlalian dining options..

Nita

Golly I don't think anyone is saying either is 5 star, Mortons class, but both are good with excellant service and atmosphere.. I guess if I felt the way you do I would just not waste money at either and stick with the MDRs or the cheappy Asians or Itlalian dining options..

Nita

Did you even read the post to which I was responding?

you can order as many appitizers, salads etc you want but only one entree.

Nita

Really? Huh, our waitress at Cagney's on the Jewel was offering another steak to us like it was nothing. Maybe she was going to surprise me with an extra charge at the end, but we had had this particular waitress multiple times (Cagney's breakfast and lunch, as well) and she had always been great, so I don't think she was going to surprise me with another cover charge.

Maybe she was going to comp it since we knew her so well and had dined with her for our service so many times?

Interesting though, I'll make sure and ask if I ever do feel like another entree in a specialty restaurant again.

Really? Huh, our waitress at Cagney's on the Jewel was offering another steak to us like it was nothing. Maybe she was going to surprise me with an extra charge at the end, but we had had this particular waitress multiple times (Cagney's breakfast and lunch, as well) and she had always been great, so I don't think she was going to surprise me with another cover charge.

Maybe she was going to comp it since we knew her so well and had dined with her for our service so many times?

Interesting though, I'll make sure and ask if I ever do feel like another entree in a specialty restaurant again.

you were lucky, it is only one entree, but there can always be those nice people. I doubt you would have been charged twice in that case.

Nita

A nice bowl of onion soup, a filet mignon medium rare, a glass of wine, and a decadent dessert at LeBistro. Now I just have to pick the night! Thanks for your help in deciding! :):)

You're REALLY making me hungary...and it's only breakfast time! ;)

i read the same thing, but the posting also said it was just as good as ever. Someone back in the past week, can you varify one way or the other?

Nita

I will make sure to post when I get back if no one confirms this week. I always rave to everyone about that soup when it's their first time in Le Bistro.

• 3 weeks later...

our #1 choice is always LeBistro. We love it.

We usually only dine in specialty restaurants.. I'd rank: [it's price vs value, not just by taste of food].

1. LeBistro

2. Impressions [italian]

3. Cagney's

4. Tappanyaki

5. Salsa Tapas

6. Blue Lagoon - free, but oh soo good!

-- never visited Bamboo, we love sushi and since we live in tri-state area, we have some of the best sushi restaurants around and I cannot imagine NCL excelling in that area

Archived