Cagneys or La Bistro?

nseagirl

I know that Cagneys is the steakhouse but I've also read that Bistro's steaks are just as good, if not better. I'm picky about my steaks. I want them thick, very tender, and med. rare! Which place on the Sky?

Both are good. Neither is great. Le Bistro has more interesting dishes beyond steak; the steak entre there is primarily for the non-adverturous half of a dining couple.

Our last cruise was on the Star and Le Bistro was absolutely wonderful. On past cruises we had preferred Cagneys...but this trip Le Bistro was every bit as wonderful. We also went to Cagneys, and once again, were not disappointed!:D

I know that Cagneys is the steakhouse but I've also read that Bistro's steaks are just as good, if not better. I'm picky about my steaks. I want them thick, very tender, and med. rare! Which place on the Sky?

If I were only going to try one specialty dining room it would be Le Bistro anyday. The quality of food, the service and the atmosphere are worth every penny and more. Yes, Cagney's is good, but Le Bistro takes the cake in my book.

Nita

The closest steakhouse to your port is a better bet. None of the steaks on NCL are worth the price of the cover charge.

I thought it was just as good as any steakhouse which I enjoy such as Ruth Chris's, Morton's or Smith and Wellinsky. Either of those would run you as least $100 and dinner charge was $25 on the NCL Sky last February.

I thought it was just as good as any steakhouse which I enjoy such as Ruth Chris's, Morton's or Smith and Wellinsky. Either of those would run you as least $100 and dinner charge was $25 on the NCL Sky last February.

Is that $25/per person? So, if I take my wife and 2 kids, then we are at $100.00 (not including drinks).

Thanks

The closest steakhouse to your port is a better bet. None of the steaks on NCL are worth the price of the cover charge.

Couldn't disagree more. Only in the great New York and Chicago steak houses have I had noticeably better steaks than in Bistro or Cagney's. Amazing the negativity one finds here on Cruise Critic.

Couldn't disagree more. Only in the great New York and Chicago steak houses have I had noticeably better steaks than in Bistro or Cagney's. Amazing the negativity one finds here on Cruise Critic.

Maybe because of the critic in the name; everyone has to be negative!!!!!!

Amazing the overselling of NCL found here on CruiseCritic. I enjoy both Cagney's and Le Bistro, but there are easily a dozen better steakhouses in Southeast Florida.

The filet mignon in Le Bistro was absolutely fabulous! Better than the steak my dh had in Cagneys

I don't know that it was better than my T-bone at Cagneys, but the filet at La Bistro was very-very good. And the French onion soup at Le Bistro is to die for. Done perfectly, med rare.

Amazing the overselling of NCL found here on CruiseCritic. I enjoy both Cagney's and Le Bistro, but there are easily a dozen better steakhouses in Southeast Florida.

Certainly not Sam Seltzers, Outback, or the Ale House. Flemings? Sure, but it better be better for what the difference is price is.

I am not sure I would put it quite in the catagory of the best, but yes, certainly both are outstanding with great service.

Nita

Is that $25/per person? So, if I take my wife and 2 kids, then we are at $100.00 (not including drinks).

Thanks

No, your kids will not be charged full price if they eat off the kids menu, depending on their ages. otherwise, yes, $100 but what would you spend at Ruth Chris' for instance or ever Outback? Remember, we are not talking just a steak, but salad, appitizer and dessert plus maybe soup. even Outback you can't have all that for $25.00.

Nita

We had dinner twice at Le Bistro, both times it was excellent. The first time I ordered filet mignon, the second time there I ordered lamb. Both times the meat was cooked perfectly, and it was very tender and flavorful. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our meals at Le Bistro, and look forward to going back. I can't compare it to any steakhouse on land though, I haven't been to one in ages.

Lorie

Archived