Do we or don't we...

nseagirl

I think that they will tell you once you get on board.

At least the muster stations are indoors where you (hopefully) sit down while waiting.

I don't believe all the muster stations are indoors, unless that's a recent change.

just got off the JEWEL...no lifevests were taken to the MUSTER Drill...hard enough to get people to leave the Bars all watching the NFL Play-off games

in december we took our lifevests on the STAR and HAD to put them on

Great to hear about the Jewel !!

Last week on the Spirit, we were told to CARRY our life vests to the station without unwrapping them and therefore without putting them on. They didn't want people to trip on dangling cords or due to decreased visibility on the steps. We then all had to unwrap and put the vest on when instructed at the station. Many of the Spirit's muster stations were outside. We were on the Promenade deck with hundreds of other people. I'm not sure if all stations were outdoors or not, however. I'm sure this varies by ship.

RCCL has now instituted no lifevest policy. It was phased in over several months. I'm not sure if NCL is doing this, but it sure would be nice.

Rollie

Absolutely would be nice. After so many cruises, I'm tired of the muster drill and seriously doubt that anyone is really going back to their cabin to get their life vests in a real emergency! Not having to bring your life vest would mean (to me):

• not having to interrupt your first day exploration by going to get your life vest
  • not having to have it on in the heat
  • and, drum roll please, not having to be a sardine trying to get back to the room to store the life vest

But with or without life vests at the drill, cruising is wonderful!

take life vests now to drill?

Sorry to highjack your thread, but I just noticed - you are almost gone!!:D Have a great cruise and think of those of us here in the biggest snow of the year!

Please take pictures and share all your stories with us when you get back!

Bon Voyage!

Just got off the Sky today, and we did the drill at our outdoor muster stations without life vests.

Welcome back. Have you planning on writing a review? If so, can you please post the link. I need something to get me through this snow. :D

On the original topic, I wonder if NCL is leaving it up to the captain, or simply testing it on a few ships. It seems like the answer for the Sky is consistently no vests for sailing after Jan 1, 2010.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived