Has anyone ever used the laundry service on RCL?

Gator0178

DW and I are going on the NOS in June in the Med. We will be staying 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post cruise, and are trying to cut way down on the packing. I'm a little nervous about using the service, and would like some people's experiences to help me weigh my options.

Thanks

i've used laundry, dry cleaning and the $25 bag special...no issues.

the $25 bag special is mid way thru the cruise and you can send out shorts, tees, undies and jammies and socks....i have managed to squash in about 16 items...came back the next day all clean and folded!

I have also used the laundry on occasion when something got spilled in my suitcase on my clothes. It will be returned to you the next day around 5. I found that the clothes I sent out came back better than if I had done them at home. Pressed and ready to wear. Great for men's dress shirts for formal night as well.

I used the all you can stuff in a bag special and would definitely do it again. However, I wouldn't trust anyone with my special clothes. I cruise every day in "casual attire" so I had no objections to using the laundry service. If you cruise in evening attire or smart casual and want to use the service for those types of clothes, your mileage may vary...

I used the all you can stuff in a bag special and would definitely do it again. However, I wouldn't trust anyone with my special clothes. I cruise every day in "casual attire" so I had no objections to using the laundry service. If you cruise in evening attire or smart casual and want to use the service for those types of clothes, your mileage may vary...

I've used the per bag special for the items mentioned above, the pressing for clean items that suffered from packing wrinkles (e.g. husband's dress shirts, slacks, blazers, my dress clothes, etc), and drycleaning when appropriate. I've always been satisfied (but haven't been able to get the white items - like socks and tees - bleached like I would at home)

I wouldn't send stuff I really cared about...again. We stuffed the ' $20 bag' and some t shirts came back about 3 sizes smaller. And no, it wasn't that I was 3 sizes bigger from eating too much. Well, maybe one size bigger. :D

Probably everything was washed in hot water, or dryed in a hot dryer. Never thought to ask them not to do that.

Everything was nice and clean though, and it was a pretty good deal cost wise.

I have also used the laundry on occasion when something got spilled in my suitcase on my clothes. It will be returned to you the next day around 5. I found that the clothes I sent out came back better than if I had done them at home. Pressed and ready to wear. Great for men's dress shirts for formal night as well.

I agree the clothes are in better nicer condition than if done at home...

I personally like the laundry bag special...we have managed 3pax 3 days of clothes in it once...it was overstuffed but all did fit.

For delicate stuff I have used the dry cleaning. We don't care for the laundry except for mens underwear, socks, stuff that won't be ruined by hot water and a hotee dryer.

We erroneosly sent in laundry on the "special" day and would never do that again. We didn't know it was the special, we had bagged and labeled everything the night before and were gone when the cabin steward picked them up. Unfortunately, some of my husbands nice shirts were in there, as well as pants that need pressing. It ended up costing us more in the long run, as we had to send it back for pressing. The special is wash and fold only, not for your slacks, shorts, nicer shirts and definitely not evening clothes.

I have stopped taking our cruise wear to the dry cleaners before the cruise. DH always has his dinner jacket and suit pressed on board, and I now have my formal little black dress cleaned and pressed on board.

I realized that the prices are similar to land and I dont have to shlep them back and forth. The cabin steward picks them up and they are delivered to your cabin.

I trust the cruise ship laundry just as much as I do the cleaners at home. And I dont have to worry if they get wrinkled in transit.

I have this fleeting idea of trying to do our next cruise and tour with one suitcase between the 2 of us. This would definitely mean we utilize more than the bag special. I just can't see how we could pack so conservatively clothes-wise and still pack all the other paraphernalia we bring with..... shoes, CPAP, hair straighteners, shoes, extension cable, camera gear, shoes etc etc.

DW and I are going on the NOS in June in the Med. We will be staying 2 nights pre-cruise and 2 nights post cruise, and are trying to cut way down on the packing. I'm a little nervous about using the service, and would like some people's experiences to help me weigh my options.

Thanks

We used the ship's laundry services on Freedom last week and other ships in the past with no problems. They do a nice job

i've used laundry, dry cleaning and the $25 bag special...no issues.

the $25 bag special is mid way thru the cruise and you can send out shorts, tees, undies and jammies and socks....i have managed to squash in about 16 items...came back the next day all clean and folded!

This is the second time I have seen someone mention items they put in the "bag special" and neither time did they mention slacks or jeans. Are these items excluded from the all you can cram : ) special???

This is the second time I have seen someone mention items they put in the "bag special" and neither time did they mention slacks or jeans. Are these items excluded from the all you can cram : ) special???

Yes, they are excluded. It is more for t-shirts, shorts, underthings, bathing suits... The bag isn't that big...pants would fill it quickly, even if you were allowed to put them in there.

We used the $20 bag twice on the Jewel last year with no problems. Some clothes did come back with iron on things with our cabin number on them - some are still there!!

Yes, they are excluded. It is more for t-shirts, shorts, underthings, bathing suits... The bag isn't that big...pants would fill it quickly, even if you were allowed to put them in there.

We used the $20 bag twice on the Jewel last year with no problems. Some clothes did come back with iron on things with our cabin number on them - some are still there!!

Hey Fozzy :D

I find myself being gently persuaded to review my packing options. What with taking an internal US flight this year on top of the transatlantic flight and spending a few days before the RCCL vacation in Seattle the thought of dragging heavy cases around is beginning to concern me. Packing 101 needed :rolleyes:

I think CruzR887 comment did it for me!!

Now I have to broach the subject with DH

The 3 of us (me and DS & DD) are spending 5 days in Florida before boarding the FOS in July, so i can see some washing needing to be done! So can the 'bag' be used from the start of the cruise?

Welcome to the boards! Lovely to see another Brit on board!

Unfortunately not. It's not a bag that's left in the cabin for use whenever.... the bag will appear via your room steward on a day/days nominated by the laundry service. We have a pre cruise tour and days before that to contend with too.....

Thanks for all the responses so far!:D

So you can't request laundry service any day? It is only on some day that RCL picks? Or is it just the "special" that RCL picks the day? What about dry cleaning, is that anyday?

Good question. You can request laundry and dry cleaning any day. As I've not used that I don't know if there's an 'express' service. The bag special RCCL picks the day.

Archived