Where should Norwegian Star spend the rest of February?

For the remainder of February, Norwegian Star should ____.  

45 members have voted

1. 1. For the remainder of February, Norwegian Star should ____.

• Sail the Mexican Riviera as usual.
    • Host a series of one-night party cruises.
    • Offer funky, off-season West Coast itineraries.
    • Chill in port and give the crew a break!
    • Make an appearance at the Olympics anyway.
    • Do something else, which I'll post.

When Newwest Special Projects canceled its charter of Norwegian Star -- which was supposed to sail to and from the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver with a stint as a floating hotel in between -- it left NCL without any plans for the ship. An NCL representative tells us that no decisions have yet been made regarding potential itineraries for the rest of the month. So, we here at Cruise Critic want to know how you think Norwegian Star should spend the next three weeks. Check out the story here (http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3672), and weigh in with your votes and comments.

~Ashley :)

I vote drydock because I will be on the March 27th cruise and I want a shiny cruise ship. ;) Yes, I am selfish. :p

edit: yes I know that is not an option. A girl can dream, right?

Uh, option 2 is something cheap and different that I can afford that will keep me entertained until my cruise in March.

NCL isn't going to worry about sailing the ship this month because, just like they recommend to us, they were insured against an event of this type so they are getting paid....

Which makes this the best opportunity to do some work to the ship. Work that will include:

---Moving the Galleria Gift Shop to the area where the Carousel Lounge, Martini Bar, and Photo Gallery are currently...like on the Pearl/Gem

---Moving the ship's Photo Gallery to the space that is currently the Blue Lagoon...again, like on the Pearl/Gem

---Moving the Blue Lagoon to half of the Endless Summer Restaurant...as it is on Jewel Class ships

---Placing a new lounge in the current location of the Gift Shop

---Moving the Italian Restaurant to the location of the Soho Room

---Taking the area where the Spinnaker Lounge, Art Gallery and Conference Rooms are and converting it into "high-end" courtyard-style suites.

...Just my 2 cents :cool:

NCL isn't going to worry about sailing the ship this month because, just like they recommend to us, they were insured against an event of this type so they are getting paid....

Which makes this the best opportunity to do some work to the ship. Work that will include:

---Moving the Galleria Gift Shop to the area where the Carousel Lounge, Martini Bar, and Photo Gallery are currently...like on the Pearl/Gem

---Moving the ship's Photo Gallery to the space that is currently the Blue Lagoon...again, like on the Pearl/Gem

---Moving the Blue Lagoon to half of the Endless Summer Restaurant...as it is on Jewel Class ships

---Taking the area where the Spinnaker Lounge, Art Gallery and Conference Rooms are and converting it into "high-end" courtyard-style suites.

I will call --- and raise you two cents. Monte folded !!

Don't move the Blue Lagoon, the location is what makes it neat. The type of seatting and people walking by makes it a great 50's restaurant. Move everything else but leave the Blue alone. Just my 2 cents.

I will call --- and raise you two cents. Monte folded !!

Folded? H-E-double hockey sticks. Run some new west coast itineraries for a couple weeks. I'm close enough I could possibly book one. Heck, bring it to seattle & run 3 & 4 day cruises Seattle-Ketchikan-Victoria-Seattle (stay inside, the ocean here can get rough this time of year)

Folded? H-E-double hockey sticks. Run some new west coast itineraries for a couple weeks. I'm close enough I could possibly book one. Heck, bring it to seattle & run 3 & 4 day cruises Seattle-Ketchikan-Victoria-Seattle (stay inside, the ocean here can get rough this time of year)

I think you may be able to see the Star go by in two or three days, and if you run up to Victoria, they might hand you a paint brush or a hammer and let you on the ship. Don't bet against the Shark. I think he has a winning hand.

Don't move the Blue Lagoon, the location is what makes it neat. The type of seatting and people walking by makes it a great 50's restaurant. Just my 2 cents.

i DEFINITELY AGREE:)my 2 cents with your 2 cents...

DID NOT LIKE BL on the JEWEL just didnt have the SAME ATMOSPHERE:(

make SPINAKER BETTER too...that place has the worst layout for seeing those EXTRA shows and such!!!

just LEAVE the lay-out of the STAR and SPIFF her up...she has her OWN CHARM...dont make it like all the others!!!

Sigh, it's been a rough day, now this.

Not good news imo. I love the view from the Spinnaker lounge. I love enjoying the late night party scene in this lovely room with the ocean all around. The vibe is more festive and happy and doesn't generate the "meat market-y" ambience that I have found on some of the newer ships.

The galleria on the Star is my favorite place to shop on any "class" of NCL ship. The store is layed out well, with good traffic control and easy to find things and BUY things;).

Maybe they will realize that they don't have time to complete this list to the final item and will leave the Spinnaker...

Hey, how about taking out the gloomy wooden paneling in Le Bistro and making it more the beautiful room of the newer ships!!! I could go for that:D

Please leave the Star as she is, structurally, anyway:o.

Sorry but it looks like dry dock is the plan for the upcoming couple of weeks. Don't know what work is going to be done, most likely basic cleaning, carpets etc. Would be very surprised over big changes since this dry dock was basically unplanned but it's amazing what can be accomplished in a couple of weeks.

So, I'm calling the bluff on the turning Spinnaker's into an area for high end suites prediction. :D I was thinking small potatoes last night when bemoaning the potential loss of my favorite use of the Spinnaker.

It is really the social hub of the ship, with shows or events nightly, guest lecturers when sailing through Alaska, bingo, large meeting space, and great (and widely used) spaces for watching the view throughout the day.

Also, NCL's newer ships (and all good :D ships imo) have a forward lounge like Spinnakers, so if the goal is to standardize the fleet like the shark predicts, this would be a step in the wrong direction. It seems to me like it would make more sense to claim the existing Kids Crew space on deck 13 for this type of thing.

Archived