Stateroom categories

tkjohn25

Both cabins are considered superior balcony cabins, and are the same size. Location is the only difference, and can be located next to each other. Notice that on Freedom class ships, there are no D2 cabins on deck 10, but on deck 9 there are D1's and D2's next to each other.

Rollie

Actually no difference at all same cabin same balcony a D1 and a D2 can be right next door to each other and you will not be able to tell. Enjoy your cruise...

then how can they justify the difference in price? It's usually very minimal, like $10-20 per person but still.........if there is no difference, why the higher price? Just curious.

It's a curious one but as someone said earlier location is the key but who determines that is a mystery.

However..... a cabin can change category between sailings.... our D2 aft deck 9 is normally a D1..... couldn't believe that when the holiday went live to see the more reasonable price for a cabin normally considered highly desirable!

Isn't there some distinction between a D1 and a D2 that has to do with the potential room capacity? (e.g. - a D2 will only hold 2 people, but a D1 can hold 3 or 4?)

don't think so, just take a look at Deck 7 on Vision as an example , both D1 & 2 have the little triangle icon for sofabed, so each would sleep the same #.

I was originally in a D1 with 3 people, but then we changed our reservations to 2 cabins with 2 people each. RCCL said we could not keep the D1 as it is for 3 or 4, and that we had to move to a D2 which is designated as a double occupancy cabin.

I agree it looks the same, but they told me that some of the couches open up to a bed and some do not...maybe that is the difference. Only bad part is now we have a cabin in-between us where before we were next to my cousin. Oh well, not worried about it....just glad we are still close by each other.

In order to get a $110/pp price drop on an Explorer cruise I had to move from a D2 (7338) on deck 7 to a D3 ( 6638) on deck 6. The cabins are in the exact same location except the D3 is on the port side and the D2 was on the starboard. There are no obstructions on the deck 6 cabin.

I prefer deck 7 but for $220 OBC, on a 5 night cruise, I'm definitely not kicking.

I asked the CSR what the difference was between the D2 and D3 and he said on deck 6 they are D3 on deck 7 they are D2. In other words, he didn't know either.

Does anyone know?

In order to get a $110/pp price drop on an Explorer cruise I had to move from a D2 (7338) on deck 7 to a D3 ( 6638) on deck 6. The cabins are in the exact same location except the D3 is on the port side and the D2 was on the starboard. There are no obstructions on the deck 6 cabin.

I prefer deck 7 but for $220 OBC, on a 5 night cruise, I'm definitely not kicking.

I asked the CSR what the difference was between the D2 and D3 and he said on deck 6 they are D3 on deck 7 they are D2. In other words, he didn't know either.

Does anyone know?

On the Explorer, the Deck 6 balconies are solid metal. Deck 7 and above, there is plexiglas.

then how can they justify the difference in price? It's usually very minimal, like $10-20 per person but still.........if there is no difference, why the higher price? Just curious.

:D LOL LOL!! Because they can!....Personally I think they should get rid of the D1, D2's, E1, E2's etc. and just call them simply what they really are inside, oceanview, balcony, JS and so on...:rolleyes: I'll stick with the JS's and above ..no confusion there !!!!

I think it's desirability of the location and number of beds; also, people tend to like the pullman sleepers better than the pull-out sofas.

I'm pretty sure there's a slight size difference between the Ds and the Es, but not between the D1s and the D2s.

I think the sofas vs. chairs thing depends upon whether you have a connecting cabin. If you have a connecting door, you don't have space for a sofa. Not that I've checked every room . . .

All "d's" are the same size, despite the number designation...same with "E" catagory cabins....it's location and bedding that may be different.

"Bedding" different..Hmm..:rolleyes:..I doubt they have different sheets !!

Archived