Characters in a story

littlemoonrabbit

undertaker - no smile, always in dark dressy clothes

"paris hilton" - we got an eye full

lindseysam - a very femine female with a very masculine female who could not keep their hands off each other

we also make up careers for some people - we once dubbed a man as "professor pocket protector pete" who taught human relations to teens. That night we actually met him and it turned out he was a teacher in a high school and taught anatomy. My husband and I had a very hard time not laughing.

On our last cruise, we enocuntered "Has to be the FIRST in line" guy. Emabarkation, boarding, bingo cards - didn't matter what it was, this guy simply HAD to be at the front ov every line.

I've never seen someone work so hard when they are supposed to be on vacation!

DH and I LOVE to do that. He and his brothers have always created fictional characters when they were working together based on observations of their homeowners and other people on the job (They worked construction for their dad and sometimes the homeowners are very funny people) so it's VERY funny to come up with the stories.

On our honeymoon we constantly saw "the captain and his crew" a bunch of drunk college age guys. The leader wore a "captains" hat all the time. To dinner, to excursions, EVERYWHERE. They were next to us at sailaway. They were on our dunn's river fall climb, drunk as skunks. SOOO funny.

I think everyone has at least one of these on their cruise--

Sunburned Guy

You know, that person that decides to not wear sunscreen and gets totally fried before the ship even leaves the port? We had one on board last summer. My skin hurt just looking at the guy. Everytime I saw him he looked miserable. Poor guy. SPF baby, SPF. :D

I think everyone has at least one of these on their cruise--

Sunburned Guy

You know, that person that decides to not wear sunscreen

We had a guy on our cruise that did just this, but was wearing his sunglasses while doing it.

It was one of those rare times I broke out laughing right there in front of them. Just couldn't hold it in. And wish I had a camera.

This thread is too funny! We do this all the time on our all-inclusive vacations because we go to smaller ones so you really end up seeing the same people all the time, every day. There always seems to be the same ones… “the loud, obnoxious guy”, “speedo guy”, “drunk guy”, “hairy back guy”, “creepy guy”, “fake boobs chick”, “lobster guy” (the one who’s sunburned to a crisp)….

But on our Club Med Turkoise trip there were lots of really strange people so we came up with lots of names… like “Geeky guy” and “Nerdy guy” and “Know it all guy”… and some non-repeatable names for some of the women! :O There was this one guy who wore long black pants and black long sleeve shirt all the time… on the beach, in the water… even snorkeling. We tried to figure out if it was some kinda religious thing. Sadly, this guy had some sort of social issues, as he wouldn’t smile or talk to people and would run away if you approached him… but he’s at a Club Med solo? We figured he was there as some sort of therapy, so we named him “therapy guy”. By the end of the week he was starting to join tables of people, so we figured he was making progress.

On our cruise in Jan. we didn’t really seem to see the same people a lot, but we did coin the “drunk gramma” and the “hooker boots chick”. She had these tall black boots half way up her thighs, and a very short skirt…. On a cruise ship in really hot weather? Seriously? Lol Then after in BVI at the Jumbies (people on stilts) show there was definitely “the drunk guy”, who insisted on staggering around their stilt legs, hootin’ and hollerin’ and waving his drink around. We thought he was going to trip one of them.

Do these people realize how entertaining they are? Do you think they like being noticed? Some do for sure, like “everyone look at me chick”

Hmmm…. I wonder what people have called me? LOL. :confused:

Hmmm…. I wonder what people have called me? LOL. :confused:

The only thing I think anybody has called me is "Really shouldn't be wearing a bikini lady!! LOL. It's my vacation too! This time I'm afraid people will call me "that pregnant lady who drinks" Because I'm going to be having virgin versions of my favorites. (mmmm Miami Vice, even without the booze is delicious)

My first cruise was a quick three day that we went on with a big family group. My bf's uncle loves giving nicknames to anyone and everyone. We spent a lot of time just sitting out at tables around the pool area drinking. One waiter would take our drink order and be back to the table in about 30 seconds, complete with 10 different drinks. The second a drink was half to empty, he was at our table-side, repeating the amazingly fast delivery. After about an hour, he became "speedy gonzalez" for the remainder of the trip. He said he was proud to have this nickname, lol.

On one cruise my family went on there was a group of swingers. Apparently their method of identifying each other was lime green bracelets (like the yellow livestrong bracelets).

I don't imagine that anyone had to submit a photo to join the group. It wasn't pretty.

At breakfast one morning one man had a t-shirt that said "Its only kinky the first time".

We nicknamed him Larry (remember Larry, Darryl and my other brother Darryl from the Newhart Show)

On our last cruise, we enocuntered "Has to be the FIRST in line" guy. Emabarkation, boarding, bingo cards - didn't matter what it was, this guy simply HAD to be at the front ov every line.

I've never seen someone work so hard when they are supposed to be on vacation!

Go to an airport. You'll see them all over. I'm flight crew, so I don't care about being first. No one is going anywhere without me anyway. I actually asked a guy what the obsession with being first is (right after I saw him try to mow over a family to get on the Air Train first at Newark). He didn't have an answer.

I use to do this and still do to some degree but I learned a humbling lesson. We were on a cruise and there was a young, fairly attractive lady always dressed in a long sleeved white cotton shirt and pants. We referred to her as either the angel or virgin and wondered if she had anything else to wear. I was in the spa shower and heard a low moan next to me -I asked if they were okay, with that this young lady opened to curtain to say she was okay. She was covered from neck down with vivid red scars - she had been in fire a few years ago and this was her first real trip and she had to keep covered and the white cotton clothes were best. She had an awesome spirit but I kind of look now and wonder if there are other stories out there like this when I people watch and name.

hilarious thread:D

hopefully no one gets their feelers hurt over it;)

i think most of us do this, it is indeed in good fun....for us:cool:

I can't imagine most of these folks would have their feelings hurt...in a way, I admire their chutzpah to "strut their stuff."

Most of us spend much time and money attempting to "conform to the norm" and blend in to the background.

We're guilty of it too...On our last cruise on the Fantasy, there was a gal one morning sitting at the table next to us that had 22 pieces of bacon (erm...yes we counted) piled on top of a huge mound of scrambled eggs. DH nicknamed her "the baconator".

Lmao Thats hilarious.

I know that more than likely people have made up a name for me. I'm probably the one they call badonkadonk or big booty. It doesn't bother me though cause I've heard it my entire life. It's always been there and I can't get rid of it:p

We've seen the "Hand Man" who fried his handprint into his belly on the first sea day, "Tuxedo Redneck" that wore his tux t-shirt to the Captain's party, BM and MOB dresses on formal night (fun to sit in the lounge while they line up for dinner and just speculate where that dress has been before), and Mr. FUtipmeanyway, the cabin steward who took a $20 tip on day one and proceeded to give us horrible service. It's all in fun, and by no means would we ever say anything to hurt a fellow passenger! I'm sure people have had names for me and mine over the years. People watching is just fun to do!

This thread is AWESOME and hysterical! I am so glad to know that we are not the only ones who do this, LOL! We've had:

Stripper woman

Poor Guy (Had on a speedo and nothing to show for it :eek:)

Barbie (there are usually dozens of these)

Valley Girl

Leather Woman/Man (too much tanning)

Didn't Look In The Mirror Before Leaving the Room Woman/Man

Sour-puss

Puss In Boots (Yes she had on boots nearly the whole cruise :confused:)

That's about all I can remember for now...but I know there are tons of others, LOL!

I can't imagine most of these folks would have their feelings hurt...in a way, I admire their chutzpah to "strut their stuff."

Most of us spend much time and money attempting to "conform to the norm" and blend in to the background.

I almost hope I am one of those people, lol. I do as I please on cruises because after all, I will probably never see those people again. Well, except back here. And back here we're all just family anyway, right??

Easy-to-spot: Just married couple. (honeymooners)

Mr Steriods

Hootches on Vaca (also girls gone wild)

Second wives club

The Grumpys

Husband hunter (close second - Cougar)

The drunk (or stoner)

The Piercier (or Notice ME)

Ghetto

Country (or Yeehaw)

Lobster

Loser

Jailbait